Was Jesus Gay?

HOw am I playing the victim? I have freely admitted I wanted you to answer. Thinking you are judgmental isn't playing the victim.
Now don't play the victim yourself, just because you were stupid enough to show your true colors.
Ummm, when I have never denied being judgmental, it's sort of hard to be a victim when called judgmental.

I would imagine even junior high graduates would know that.

I feel bad for you.
Um, OK.

:cuckoo:

In "Corpus Christi," playwright Terrence McNally reimagines Jesus as a gay man growing up in 1950s Texas. It opened off-Broadway in 1998 to angry letters, bomb threats, and massive protests. The spectacle drowned out the play's central message: that the church should be a place where all are welcomed, including gays and lesbians.

In 2006, I launched a new production of the play. The play was scheduled for only nine performances. Amazingly, our production went on to tour the world for six years and counting, performing everywhere from Ireland to Texas.

Whatever resistance we faced wasn't enough to impede our performance. Our troupe was taking the kind and powerful words of Scripture to audiences around the world through the very same "gay Jesus play" that so many had rushed to denounce as blasphemy.

The production inspired a documentary, "Corpus Christi: Playing With Redemption," which chronicles the journey of the 108 Productions cast and crew. Yet it also asks two central questions: Where do gay men and women belong at the table of spirituality? And why would they want to come back to religions that so often pushed them away and made them feel unworthy?What I didn't expect, and what turned out to be the greatest gift of all, were the audiences we were privileged to interact with along the way. Every location provided new stories and new healing. As they healed, we healed. This was where we learned the true lesson of the play: It is by our communion with others that we find ourselves.
'Corpus Christi'; Gay Jesus Play, The Body Of Christ, Broken For Me

Last edited:
I actually begged for her to answer why she thought I was an entitlement whore. :lol:
But whateves!

There's no shame in using State resources to help your son, Luissa.

And I did, and I am glad I did. My son is now doing very well, thanks to state and private programs.

Good..glad he is doing well and getting the help that he needs. Making ends meet as a single mother isn't easy and you sound like you're working hard and doing all the right things, so it's kinda low for anyone to try to put you down over that...

There's no shame in using State resources to help your son, Luissa.

And I did, and I am glad I did. My son is now doing very well, thanks to state and private programs.

Good..glad he is doing well and getting the help that he needs. Making ends meet as a single mother isn't easy and you sound like you're working hard and doing all the right things, so it's kinda low for anyone to try to put you down over that...

I thought attacking family is off limits? Oh well, I don't think anything is off limits on this forum.

I thought attacking family is off limits? Oh well, I don't think anything is off limits on this forum.

She didn't attack my family, just me. Plus the whole hypothetical thing. ;)
The woman lives in a sad world, if she thinks someone like me would hypothetically be happy about their child being disabled.

Luissa--

I think you give Si Modo WAY too much attention.

sky
I think you misunderstand. Luissa loves this attention. In case you hadn't noticed, she gets quite pissed off when she is out of the loop, whatever that loop is that she imagines exists.

Well, let's see. You've gone postal in this thread over not being included in IM convos and you went postal in my congrats thread to CG being quite upset that you didn't know why I would congratulate her.

You are pretty easy to upset, especially when you don't have your nose in someone else's business.

The woman lives in a sad world, if she thinks someone like me would hypothetically be happy about their child being disabled.

She used your admission that your child is disabled to attack your character as an "entitlement whore".

That is wrong.

It's a cheap shot.

No one wishes anything more for their children than happiness and the opportunity to grow up and meet their potential. Good for you in getting your child all the help that is available.

Last edited:
"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, 'Woman behold your son!' Then he said to the disciple. 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way.
All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus.

John 19: 17-30

Is this proof that Jesus approved gay marriage? These are his last words and he sends his mother to live with John. Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. Whether Jesus was gay or straight in no way affects who he was and what he means for the world today. Spiritually it is immaterial.
Daily Reading and Meditation

What is your "proof"?

Where is your proof he was heterosexual? His last words direct John, the one who he loved, to care for his mother.

Sound's like a gay marriage to me.

I'd say it's open to speculation. There is nothing in the Christian Scriptures (New Testament) which specifically identifies Jesus' sexual orientation.

What an Absolutely Stupid Fucking thing to Conclude... :thup:

:)

peace...

Well, let's see. You've gone postal in this thread over not being included in IM convos and you went postal in my congrats thread to CG being quite upset that you didn't know why I would congratulate her.

You are pretty easy to upset, especially when you don't have your nose in someone else's business.

Postal?

:rofl:

She used your admission that your child is disabled to attack your character as an "entitlement whore".

That is wrong.

It's a cheap shot.

No one wishes anything more for their children than happiness and the opportunity to grow up and meet their potential. Good for you in getting your child all the help that is available.
Actually, I didn't know shit about her kid. All I knew is she has one and he is cute (because she had a pic of him as an avatar once).

What is your "proof"?

Where is your proof he was heterosexual? His last words direct John, the one who he loved, to care for his mother.

I'd say it's open to speculation. There is nothing in the Christian Scriptures (New Testament) which specifically identifies Jesus' sexual orientation.

peace...

I need that sandwich in your avatar.

Luissa recently "hinted/suggested" that some of the boys to take this kind of shit elsewhere, noting that "this isn't the flame zone."

Nor is this.

Why don't you lassies STFU, here? Well, at least about this crap?

:D

peace...

I need that sandwich in your avatar.

I need that bootie in yours. :thup:

peace...

I think you misunderstand. Luissa loves this attention. In case you hadn't noticed, she gets quite pissed off when she is out of the loop, whatever that loop is that she imagines exists.

I went postal over not being included in IMs? What are you even talking about? I mention IMs once.
And I wasn't upset in CG's thread either, just pointing out the dumb games the three of you like to play. That thread was actually very good for my rep numbers. Sorry I am not melting down in the way you want me to, but there is no need to. You did exactly what I wanted.

I went postal over not being included in IMs? What are you even talking about? I mention IMs once.
And I wasn't upset in CG's thread either, just pointing out the dumb games the three of you like to play. That thread was actually very good for my rep numbers. Sorry I am not melting down in the way you want me to, but there is no need to. You did exactly what I wanted.
:lol:

Yeah, you "planned" that out.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back