Was Trump 'obligated' to pursue corruption in Ukraine?

Melodramatic outrage about the President committing an entirely proper act. How idiotic. Like there is something improper about suggesting that an American government official possibly coercing an official of a foreign government for private gain be investigated.

Like there is something improper for Congress to investigating a President's attempt to coerce an official of a foreign government for his own personal gain?

Face it- the only 'corruption' that Donald Trump has asked any foreign government to investigate is 'corruption' that can include 'Biden' in the same sentence.

And yes- asking two foreign governments including the Commies in China- to dig up dirt on a political rival is not a proper act.

In what delusional world does suggesting an investigation equal "digging up dirt"? Maybe someone who speaks English could explain it to you.

Trump didn't care about an actual investigation - he demanded a public statement that Ukraine was investigating Burisma/Biden. Then he could say, 'my opponent is under investigation in Ukraine' to smear him. That's all. For that, he withheld aid (until the story broke about the holdup).

So? Even if true (which I doubt) what exactly do you claim is illegal about that? The President of the United States should check with you before dealing with other nations or overseeing foreign aid? What debt do you think the American taxpayer has to the Ukraine? Frankly I'm against ALL foreign aid delayed or not.

We have no debt to Ukraine. Congress and Trump authorized aid to Ukraine. Trump withheld it while attempting to extort a public statement about an investigation from the President of Ukraine.

As to your opposition to foreign aid, Trump paid it, after news leaked that he was blocking it. Take it up with him.

And once again I ask specifically what law you think he broke.
§30121 Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Great. And there is exactly zero evidence of any such thing. Maybe you're thinking about Hillary Clinton.
LOLOL

Keep telling yourself that even as Trump gets impeached over it.

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..." ~ Donald Trump

Lock him up!

"(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;..".

No reason to believe that any such thing was offered, requested, or that President Trump wants or needs any such thing. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see either of the Bidens locked up for their corruption as you suggest.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Bidens or the Trumps are convicted and locked up for any corruption that they may have committed.

But right now there is
a) No evidence that either Biden committed any crime and
b) Trump's own words suggesting that he did commit a crime in trying to get two foreign nations to investigate his political rival.

Again, exactly what illegal action are you claiming?

Melodramatic outrage about the President committing an entirely proper act. How idiotic. Like there is something improper about suggesting that an American government official possibly coercing an official of a foreign government for private gain be investigated.

Like there is something improper for Congress to investigating a President's attempt to coerce an official of a foreign government for his own personal gain?

Face it- the only 'corruption' that Donald Trump has asked any foreign government to investigate is 'corruption' that can include 'Biden' in the same sentence.

And yes- asking two foreign governments including the Commies in China- to dig up dirt on a political rival is not a proper act.

In what delusional world does suggesting an investigation equal "digging up dirt"? Maybe someone who speaks English could explain it to you.

Trump didn't care about an actual investigation - he demanded a public statement that Ukraine was investigating Burisma/Biden. Then he could say, 'my opponent is under investigation in Ukraine' to smear him. That's all. For that, he withheld aid (until the story broke about the holdup).

Doesn't change the fact that the President's actions were entirely legal and proper. And I really kinda doubt he confides his motives to you.

So? Even if true (which I doubt) what exactly do you claim is illegal about that? The President of the United States should check with you before dealing with other nations or overseeing foreign aid? What debt do you think the American taxpayer has to the Ukraine? Frankly I'm against ALL foreign aid delayed or not.

We have no debt to Ukraine. Congress and Trump authorized aid to Ukraine. Trump withheld it while attempting to extort a public statement about an investigation from the President of Ukraine.

As to your opposition to foreign aid, Trump paid it, after news leaked that he was blocking it. Take it up with him.

No, it wouldn't. Exactly what law do you think that would violate? Last I heard the President was entitled to free speech same as other Americans. On what bases would you deny him that?
He is entitled to free speech. Violating the law to solicit a foreign national to help with his campaign against a political rival is not protected by free speech.

Actually I believe it is. In any case there is no evidence that that was the purpose of asking the situation be investigated.
LOLOL

You think free speech allows people to break the law? Take threatening a president's life, for example.... you think that's legal because it's protected by free speech?? :cuckoo:

Funny how you don't ask the President to say what law he thinks that Joe Biden broke.

What laws has Trump possibly/likely violated in this Ukrainian fiasco?
a)
Illegally soliciting campaign help from a foreign government
The most obvious way in which Trump could have violated the law is by soliciting material campaign aid from a foreign government, which expressly violates the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971.
b) Bribery- quid pro quo - military aid from the U.S. in exchange for a 'favor' personally benefiting Trump's political campaign.
c) Misappropriation of public funds
d) Conspiracy
e) Obstruction of Justice (for his actions trying to prevent the investigation)
f) Witness Intimidation
g) Violation of the Whistle Blower Act

Yeah? Bullspit!
If you allege a crime the burden of proof is on you.
Sorry, but you don't get to make up the law to suit yourself. The Federal Election Campaign as referenced by you makes no mention (expressly or otherwise) of any law against "soliciting material campaign aid" nor do you offer any reasonable evidence he did so in any case. The rest of your hilarious "points" are just an obvious case of throwing crap at the wall to see if any sticks. Also Biden is not, and probably never will be, a political rival. The President most likely considers him a campaign aid.

(a) Prohibition

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Great. And there is exactly zero evidence of any such thing. Maybe you're thinking about Hillary Clinton.
LOLOL

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..." ~ Donald Trump

Lock him up!

"(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;..".

No reason to believe that any such thing was offered, requested, or that President Trump wants or needs any such thing. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see either of the Bidens locked up for their corruption as you suggest.
LOLOL

You poor thing. Abject denial is not going to get Trump out of hot water.

And your delusional imagination is not going to get him into hot water, Buttercup.
LOLOL

Actually, he's prolly getting impeached over it.

75534773_2987689254578950_637179594025205760_n.jpg

He is entitled to free speech. Violating the law to solicit a foreign national to help with his campaign against a political rival is not protected by free speech.

Actually I believe it is. In any case there is no evidence that that was the purpose of asking the situation be investigated.
LOLOL

You think free speech allows people to break the law? Take threatening a president's life, for example.... you think that's legal because it's protected by free speech?? :cuckoo:

Funny how you don't ask the President to say what law he thinks that Joe Biden broke.

a)
The most obvious way in which Trump could have violated the law is by soliciting material campaign aid from a foreign government, which expressly violates the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971.
b) Bribery- quid pro quo - military aid from the U.S. in exchange for a 'favor' personally benefiting Trump's political campaign.
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

Yeah? Bullspit!
Sorry, but you don't get to make up the law to suit yourself. The Federal Election Campaign as referenced by you makes no mention (expressly or otherwise) of any law against "soliciting material campaign aid" nor do you offer any reasonable evidence he did so in any case. The rest of your hilarious "points" are just an obvious case of throwing crap at the wall to see if any sticks. Also Biden is not, and probably never will be, a political rival. The President most likely considers him a campaign aid.

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
(a) Prohibition

(b) "Foreign national" defined
As used in this section, the term "foreign national" means-

(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term "foreign national" shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or

(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

(Pub. L. 92–225, title III, §319, formerly §324, as added Pub. L. 94–283, title I, §112(2), May 11, 1976, 90 Stat. 493 ; renumbered §319, Pub. L. 96–187, title I, §105(5), Jan. 8, 1980, 93 Stat. 1354 ; amended Pub. L. 107–155, title III, §§303, 317, Mar. 27, 2002, 116 Stat. 96 , 109.)

[USC02] 52 USC 30121: Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

LOLOL

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

Yeah? Bullspit!

Oh if only you Trumpkins actually held your Orange Messiah to that standard

"Joe Biden and his son are corrupt...But the fake news doesn't want to report it, because they're Democrats," Trump said

He added. "If that ever happened, if a Republican ever did what Joe Biden did, if a Republican ever said what Joe Biden said, they'd be getting the electric chair by right now." The president alleged there's a "double-standard" on corruption in the media and told reporters they're "crooked as hell."

Trump:

"So now that Matt Lauer is gone when will the Fake News practitioners at NBC be terminating the contract of Phil Griffin?" the tweet read. "And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the 'unsolved mystery' that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!"

Trump wrote: "In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally."

"I think one of the great crimes committed is Hillary Clinton deleting 33,000 emails after Congress sends her a subpoena."

Trump: “After the FBI and Department of Justice whitewashed Hillary Clinton's e-mail crimes, they certainly cannot be trusted to quickly or impartially investigate Hillary Clinton's new crimes which happen all the time.

LOLOL

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

. Also Biden is not, and probably never will be, a political rival. The President most likely considers him a campaign aid.

Trump has been campaigning against Joe Biden since Biden announced his candidacy.

Welcome to the race Sleepy Joe. I only hope you have the intelligence, long in doubt, to wage a successful primary campaign. It will be nasty - you will be dealing with people who truly have some very sick & demented ideas. But if you make it, I will see you at the Starting Gate!

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

Lock him up!

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Bidens or the Trumps are convicted and locked up for any corruption that they may have committed.

But right now there is
a) No evidence that either Biden committed any crime and
b) Trump's own words suggesting that he did commit a crime in trying to get two foreign nations to investigate his political rival.

Again, exactly what illegal action are you claiming?

Again- just to remind you there is no evidence that Joe Biden has committed any crime.

The crimes that Trump's own words suggest he committed include:

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

LOLOL

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

Yeah? Bullspit!

(a) Prohibition

(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term "foreign national" shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or

(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

(Pub. L. 92–225, title III, §319, formerly §324, as added Pub. L. 94–283, title I, §112(2), May 11, 1976, 90 Stat. 493 ; renumbered §319, Pub. L. 96–187, title I, §105(5), Jan. 8, 1980, 93 Stat. 1354 ; amended Pub. L. 107–155, title III, §§303, 317, Mar. 27, 2002, 116 Stat. 96 , 109.)

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value,

LOLOL

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

Yeah? Bullspit!

(a) Prohibition

A public statement from a foreign government that it is investigating one's political opponent is a thing of value. Why else would Trump be asking for a public statement?

The 'ask' establishes value.

"If you allege a crime the burden of proof is on you."

What crime is being alleged? By whom? And in what court (no court; no burden of proof)?

"Trump has been campaigning against Joe Biden since Biden announced his candidacy."

In fact he is campaigning to become the Dem. candidate for President; not the office itself. Biden has not announced he will be an Independent or write in candidate nor has he qualified to be on the ballet.

"The crimes that Trump's own words suggest he committed include:"

Still untrue.

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

Yeah? Bullspit!

(a) Prohibition

A public statement from a foreign government that it is investigating one's political opponent is a thing of value. Why else would Trump be asking for a public statement?

Untrue.

a)
d) Conspiracy
f) Witness Intimidation

Yeah? Bullspit!

(a) Prohibition

Untrue.

Trump and Giuliani were asking for something worthless? Why?

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
Ummm our fucking tax money mandates him to

“Have you asked foreign leaders for any corruption investigations that don’t involve your political opponents?” Javers asked.

The answer, it quickly became apparent, was no — even if Trump didn’t want to admit it.

“You know, we would have to look, but I tell you — what I ask for, and what I always will ask for, is anything having to do with corruption with respect to our country,” Trump said, dissembling. “If a foreign country can help us with respect to corruption, and corruption probes — I don’t care if it’s Biden or anybody else.”

Trump insists he just wants foreign countries to tackle "corruption." Here’s why that’s absurd.

The President asked for an investigation and if he asked that it be made public there is no proof of his motivation or that it would be a "thing of value". Unprovable conjecture.

The President asked for an investigation and if he asked that it be made public there is no proof of his motivation or that it would be a "thing of value". Unprovable conjecture.

It was worth $391 million to Zelensky. And those were taxpayer dollars Trump was using to extort his thing-not-of-value.

"If you allege a crime the burden of proof is on you."

What crime is being alleged? By whom? And in what court (no court; no burden of proof)?

"Trump has been campaigning against Joe Biden since Biden announced his candidacy."

In fact he is campaigning to become the Dem. candidate for President; not the office itself. Biden has not announced he will be an Independent or write in candidate nor has he qualified to be on the ballet.

"The crimes that Trump's own words suggest he committed include:"

Still untrue.

And yet- Trump has still been campaigning against Biden since he announced. Trump considers him a political rival.

Really- how idiotic do you want to appear?

Your own Orange Messiah has repeatedly talked of Joe Biden as being his political rival- and you just keep going 'na ah!'

Forum List

Back