Washington Post Bans 'Redskins' From Editorials

Since it is the lefties who claim to find redskins so offensive please tell us what non offensive name should the team adopt. Keep in mind the new name would have to be acceptable and non offensive to everyone not just Indians.

How about the Washington Pink Powers? Lefty would like that one.

Since it is the lefties who claim to find redskins so offensive please tell us what non offensive name should the team adopt. Keep in mind the new name would have to be acceptable and non offensive to everyone not just Indians.

Washington Teabaggers would be cool. Washington Kikes would be best - since Snyder is Jewish.

Washington Teabaggers would be cool. Washington Kikes would be best - since Snyder is Jewish.
So you guys just want to bitch about the current name but don't really have an alternative.

So, see if Snyder will accept your food stamps in exchange for the team and name them whatever you want.

By they way, ave you any proof of that Indian racism yet?

Conservatives and their myth of 'political correctness.'

Not to mention the hypocrisy of the right, where private businesses should be allowed to 'do what they want' except when private businesses do something conservatives don't like.

So true. Then the NaziCons whine like babies.

From the Redskins to hysterical allegations of hypocrisy to NaziCons.

Was that as the crow flies or the scenic route? It has the feel of both.

"So true", he says. LOL!

Do you guys lie awake at night and fume over this?

I say Redskins. You say who?.

I say Redskins. You say boo!

I say Redskins. You say moo!

Got life?

It would drive me insane if all I had to do with my days and nights was chitter away on a message board about made up injustices in the world.

"That name insults native Americans"

"It's not fair that you can't force someone to bake you a cake"

"What do you mean I can't spend my food stamps at Pizza Hutt"

"Its not fair wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

The ORIGINAL version replaced "D.C." with "Dixie"

G
Snyder should ban all press passes to current and former Post writers.

Get the point people..... The name is not going to change. There is no threat you can make which will force Snyder to change the name.
Good for the Redskins owner. PC is why I hate liberals who buy into this bullshit and expect us to biweekly to their demands. Kiss my ass if you don't like the name Redskins and then demand I not use the name either. Want to save the Planet? Knock yourself out freezing your ass without oil heaters. Just leave me the hell alone.

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

The funniest part to all this is I'm not even a Redskins fan.

Let's all sing along!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

So you guys just want to bitch about the current name but don't really have an alternative.

There is no alternative. Changing the name will be the end of the franchise. Then 45 black guys and 8 white guys will lose their jobs as NFL players.

Yeah of course. That's why the NY Highlanders disappeared shortly after becoming the Yankees.

Yeah of course. That's why the NY Highlanders disappeared shortly after becoming the Yankees.

Different city. Different fan base. Different time in history. Redskins fans buy into the "hokey" idea of Tradition. We're not interested in throwing away more than 80 years of memorabilia just because someone has their loincloth tied in a knot.

Different city. Different fan base. Different time in history. Redskins fans buy into the "hokey" idea of Tradition. We're not interested in throwing away more than 80 years of memorabilia just because someone has their loincloth tied in a knot.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

The funniest part to all this is I'm not even a Redskins fan.

I don't care about the NFL, at all. But it's his team, not mine.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

yes

btw - do you have that proof that Marshall was racist towards Indians?

Oh also, I notice you didn't acknowledge that I PROVED to you that Indians like the Redskins moniker AND Snyder donates to Indian causes. I mean I realize that you don't believe in proving things you claim are true are actually true, but you could acknowledge when others do.

yes

Oh also, I notice you didn't acknowledge that I PROVED to you that Indians like the Redskins moniker AND Snyder donates to Indian causes. I mean I realize that you don't believe in proving things you claim are true are actually true, but you could acknowledge when others do.

I have sufficiently proven all your claims. However, I realize that proof means nothing to a dumbass.

yes

I have sufficiently proven all your claims. However, I realize that proof means nothing to a dumbass.

Proving someone was racist towards blacks doesn't prove they were racist towards others.

and by the way,native american isn't even a race, so racist would be a misnomer in either case.

Forum List

Back