Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

It's just silly to suggest people have not gotten a raise in 20 years
Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
I got several raises in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II(the biggest raises), Obama and Trump. Maybe those people you knew that didn’t get raises should have smartened up and changed where they decided to worked.
Sealy is an ignorant leftist. Doesn't understand free markets. Don't waste your time.
I understand the difference between a employers market and an employees market.

I don’t want to hear about papags personal experience. I’m going by national averages. Fact is, labor is not doing as well as they did twenty years ago and CEOs are doing better than ever. That means employers are giving themselves big raises but not their employees.

If you want to talk about personal experience I got a $45,000 raise on Obama’s watch.
Again, free markets. Contractors and plumbers are doing better too. Hire a plumber now vs 10 yrs ago. Rates have nearly doubled. Free markets. Don’t want that plumber try to hire a cheaper one who is good. Free markets work. Sorry you don’t understand how. And you lie about your raise. You told me you only make $80k per yr
I made $91,854 in 2020. $65k salary plus $26, 854 in commissions. Happy?
For that money you could not afford to live where I live. You would need 3x that. But you also have fewer expenses. So what are you complaining about? Sounds like you're paid fairly?
I am. I’m not arguing for me.

In Michigan, one person household making $90k is upper class. I don’t know where you live. If you lived down south you’d be rich if you pulled in $90k.

I understand I would only be middle class in nyc or California

Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
I got several raises in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II(the biggest raises), Obama and Trump. Maybe those people you knew that didn’t get raises should have smartened up and changed where they decided to worked.
Sealy is an ignorant leftist. Doesn't understand free markets. Don't waste your time.

I don’t want to hear about papags personal experience. I’m going by national averages. Fact is, labor is not doing as well as they did twenty years ago and CEOs are doing better than ever. That means employers are giving themselves big raises but not their employees.

If you want to talk about personal experience I got a $45,000 raise on Obama’s watch.
Again, free markets. Contractors and plumbers are doing better too. Hire a plumber now vs 10 yrs ago. Rates have nearly doubled. Free markets. Don’t want that plumber try to hire a cheaper one who is good. Free markets work. Sorry you don’t understand how. And you lie about your raise. You told me you only make $80k per yr
Again, there is no such thing as a free market. In Michigan you must hold a state license to work as a plumber. It’s regulated by the government. A truly free market I could do plumbing without having to jump through that hoop. Government sets the rules. I’m sure you would be ok with not requiring plumbers be licensed.

Again, there is no such thing as a free market. In Michigan you must hold a state license to work as a plumber. It’s regulated by the government. A truly free market I could do plumbing without having to jump through that hoop. Government sets the rules. I’m sure you would be ok with not requiring plumbers be licensed.
Ahhh....that is because of the bureaucrats but in their defense they don't want hacks without cred working on homes. Get your license and plumb away. You also should self insure. They are protecting the consumer. Not the same thing.

You need a state license to be a plumber in Michigan?

Well we know who screwed up the water supply then

Ahhh....that is because of the bureaucrats but in their defense they don't want hacks without cred working on homes. Get your license and plumb away. You also should self insure. They are protecting the consumer. Not the same thing.
Oh do you need another example? I can’t open up a beauty salon without first getting a license. If it were a free market, you wouldn’t need a license to cut hair.

Oh do you need another example? I can’t open up a beauty salon without first getting a license. If it were a free market, you wouldn’t need a license to cut hair.

You need to stop, you are sounding dumber and dumber with each post.

The middle class is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace. Liberal democracies created the middle class. The government for example passed a progressive tax. Free market cons want a flat tax. But we know a flat tax won’t work except for rich people. So our government set the rules. If corporations had their way they’d pay no taxes. Only employees and consumers would.

Government sets a minimum wage because free markets would pay $2 hr if they had the power.

Government allows labor to organize into unions. Unions are not free market capitalism. And unions brought wages up, not free market capitalismm.

Capitalism is the best ism but only when properly regulated by government.

The middle class is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace. Liberal democracies created the middle class. The government for example passed a progressive tax. Free market cons want a flat tax. But we know a flat tax won’t work except for rich people. So our government set the rules. If corporations had their way they’d pay no taxes. Only employees and consumers would.

Government sets a minimum wage because free markets would pay $2 hr if they had the power.

Government allows labor to organize into unions. Unions are not free market capitalism. And unions brought wages up, not free market capitalismm.

#1) I support a flat tax based on %. How about a 25% tax and a 2% federal consumption tax. Rich people consume more and more expensive products so you kill two birds with one stone. Significantly reduce the IRS and simplify our overly complex tax code.

#2) You vilify the "rich people" why? Trevor Lawrence is a good guy now but once he signs his NFL contract he suddenly becomes evil because he is rich? Seems odd.

#3) Gov't should not set the min wage and free markets would pay what was necessary to provide the best goods and or services or go out of business. Raising the min wage to $15 creates an incentive to replace workers with machines. No sick days, no human errors, no health insurance. Many fast food places do that now.

#4) Gov't should interfere as little as possible IMO.

#1) I support a flat tax based on %. How about a 25% tax and a 2% federal consumption tax. Rich people consume more and more expensive products so you kill two birds with one stone. Significantly reduce the IRS and simplify our overly complex tax code.

#2) You vilify the "rich people" why? Trevor Lawrence is a good guy now but once he signs his NFL contract he suddenly becomes evil because he is rich? Seems odd.

#3) Gov't should not set the min wage and free markets would pay what was necessary to provide the best goods and or services or go out of business. Raising the min wage to $15 creates an incentive to replace workers with machines. No sick days, no human errors, no health insurance. Many fast food places do that now.

If a company can save money automating, they’re going to. Don’t threaten me that they will automate if we force them to pay a fair wage. They’ll automate eventually no matter what. And the people who they do employ will make good money.

You tell me why our government didn't set the tax rates the way you would like.

Regardless of why they didn't, now you are beginning to see there is no such thing as a free market. The government sets the rules and they are what created the middle class. If the "free market" had it's way we'd go back to the Dickens era where we had a small ruling class, small merchant/middle class and the masses would be what back then they called the serfs.

By passing a progressive tax system, our government helped the poor and middle class. You say your way would do better for the poor and middle class? Then how come we have never tried it your way before?

Your wrong, look at the job boards in South Carolina they are people working at McDonald's $10 an hour

If a company can save money automating, they’re going to. Don’t threaten me that they will automate if we force them to pay a fair wage. They’ll automate eventually no matter what. And the people who they do employ will make good money.

How you going to force them to pay a fair wage? We all know $15 an hour is fair in Mississippi but in New York City it should be $35 an hour

Your wrong, look at the job boards in South Carolina they are people working at McDonald's $10 an hour
What does that prove?

What does that prove?
That your lying when you say employer's will pay $2 bucks an hour

How you going to force them to pay a fair wage? We all know $15 an hour is fair in Mississippi but in New York City it should be $35 an hour
Whatever solution I propose you'll just cry class warfare or call me a commie.

Honestly, I think it's up to two groups of workers to organize into unions. Walmart and McD employees.

Walmart is our largest employer. It used to be GM. GM could send jobs overseas. Walmart can't.

And if Walmart workers in Red states don't want to organize, they don't have to. Just don't ask for the same wages northern employees make. They earned that higher pay.

What does that prove?
You know what I mean. They'll pay as little as possible. It's not a recipe for higher wages it's a race to the bottom.

Whatever solution I propose you'll just cry class warfare or call me a commie.

Honestly, I think it's up to two groups of workers to organize into unions. Walmart and McD employees.

Walmart is our largest employer. It used to be GM. GM could send jobs overseas. Walmart can't.

And if Walmart workers in Red states don't want to organize, they don't have to. Just don't ask for the same wages northern employees make. They earned that higher pay.
The problem is once again they don't want unions and two I gave you my two solutions

What's yours, I would like to hear them

What does that prove?
You know what I mean. They'll pay as little as possible. It's not a recipe for higher wages it's a race to the bottom.
Ok I know that....

What does that prove?
Companies should control expenses. Employee costs are expenses? I do not follow your train of thought

The government provides billions for the markets. Why not for everyone? This does not dilute the value? It doesn't make those left out fall even further behind?

Try again, and start by telling the truth this time.

Unlike you, I can back up my statements (though I was low)

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown.

Wow, your stupidity is astounding.

So, you think the fed is just giving money to the stock market?

These are short term loans that are repaid within 48 hours.

Forum List

Back