Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

Great point. Teachers today don’t make what they used to. Neither do new ford and gm employees.

True, teachers make what doctors used to make.

Grade school teachers have on average 6 figure salaries. College professors average in 7 figures, while pontificating about income equality.

Not even close to true.

Which States Have the Highest and Lowest Teacher Salaries?

But you knew you were lying.
Notice the pattern? No matter what profession we talk about republicans are always arguing that the workers are overpaid.
LIE. I said free markets determine payment. Maybe you should tell the truth so that we may have an honest debate?

We do not have free markets.
Bullshit. If a sub shop owner doesn't want to pay an employee $15/hr that employee can go elsewhere and find that wage and if not then they are stuck at that sub shop and if that sub shop cannot find employees then the owner will increase wages. We precisely have free markets.
How come this didn’t happen in 2019 when unemployment was zero? Strangely wages didn’t go up like they should have.

I remember in the 90s a lot of my coworkers were able to go find better paying jobs because employers were willing to pay to steal them. Then the company they work for would match that pay to keep them. I don’t think this is happening today. I think the employer is willing to let the good employee go and they think they can find someone for less who will do just as good.

Maybe it’s these temp agencies who are keeping wages low.

Seems like the last couple years have been an employers market

If it is so easy to go find a better paying job why don’t more republicans quit and find better jobs?
Wages did go up. What are you talking about??!?!? First time since 1990. More people do find better jobs. Republicans aren't the ones bitching that they have $150k in debt and cannot find a job due to their useless college degree in music theory.

Great point. Teachers today don’t make what they used to. Neither do new ford and gm employees.

Grade school teachers have on average 6 figure salaries. College professors average in 7 figures, while pontificating about income equality.

Not even close to true.

Starting salary is a bullshit indicator - Your propaganda piece assumes that a teacher fresh out of Marxist Indoctrination never receives a raise, nor perqs that are generally several times the base salary.
My sister in law said a new teacher today will never reach her pay level. They just don’t pay like they used to.

So all the teachers all across America are doing worse than they did 20 years ago.

Do new teachers get raises? Sure. But they will never make what they once made.

Im not even considering the pensions they no longer receive. Pensions don’t exist.

Not even close to true.

Starting salary is a bullshit indicator - Your propaganda piece assumes that a teacher fresh out of Marxist Indoctrination never receives a raise, nor perqs that are generally several times the base salary.

Not only do you lie your reading comprehension is pretty lacking. It's obvious why you have no respect for teachers.

Not even close to true.

Notice the pattern? No matter what profession we talk about republicans are always arguing that the workers are overpaid.
LIE. I said free markets determine payment. Maybe you should tell the truth so that we may have an honest debate?

Bullshit. If a sub shop owner doesn't want to pay an employee $15/hr that employee can go elsewhere and find that wage and if not then they are stuck at that sub shop and if that sub shop cannot find employees then the owner will increase wages. We precisely have free markets.
How come this didn’t happen in 2019 when unemployment was zero? Strangely wages didn’t go up like they should have.

I remember in the 90s a lot of my coworkers were able to go find better paying jobs because employers were willing to pay to steal them. Then the company they work for would match that pay to keep them. I don’t think this is happening today. I think the employer is willing to let the good employee go and they think they can find someone for less who will do just as good.

If it is so easy to go find a better paying job why don’t more republicans quit and find better jobs?
Wages did go up. What are you talking about??!?!? First time since 1990. More people do find better jobs. Republicans aren't the ones bitching that they have $150k in debt and cannot find a job due to their useless college degree in music theory.
That’s because they are mostly uneducated blue collar workers. They bitch that illegals are why they make less than they did 20 years ago.

Not even close to true.

That’s because they are mostly uneducated blue collar workers. They bitch that illegals are why they make less than they did 20 years ago.

Illegals do suppress wages.

Not even close to true.

Illegal employers need to be dealt with.

Not even close to true.

Absolutely but they never will be so taxpayers will have to be the ones that pay for that.

It's just silly to suggest people have not gotten a raise in 20 years
Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
I got several raises in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II(the biggest raises), Obama and Trump. Maybe those people you knew that didn’t get raises should have smartened up and changed where they decided to worked.

Not even close to true.

Absolutely but they never will be so taxpayers will have to be the ones that pay for that.
Why will they never be? From 1999 to 2003 (bush years) work site enforcement was scaled back 95%. We can’t go back to what we were doing before bush?

In 1999 Bill Clinton prosecuted 182 companies. In 2003 bush prosecuted only 4

Not even close to true.

In 1999 the USA initiated fines on 417 companies. In 2004 we issued fines to only 3.

Not even close to true.

Why will they never be? From 1999 to 2003 (bush years) work site enforcement was scaled back 95%. We can’t go back to what we were doing before bush?

We can but we won't. The markets aren't interested in that happening and they get what they want. Obama did very little even though he did more than Trump.

Even 182 prosecutions. There are tens of thousands employers hiring illegals.

Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
I got several raises in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II(the biggest raises), Obama and Trump. Maybe those people you knew that didn’t get raises should have smartened up and changed where they decided to worked.
Sealy is an ignorant leftist. Doesn't understand free markets. Don't waste your time.

Not even close to true.

In 1999 the USA initiated fines on 417 companies. In 2004 we issued fines to only 3.

Fines are nothing more than the cost of doing business.

Is your company hiring? What do you do for a living? Did everyone at your company get these raises?

Sealy is an ignorant leftist. Doesn't understand free markets. Don't waste your time.
I understand the difference between a employers market and an employees market.

I don’t want to hear about papags personal experience. I’m going by national averages. Fact is, labor is not doing as well as they did twenty years ago and CEOs are doing better than ever. That means employers are giving themselves big raises but not their employees.

If you want to talk about personal experience I got a $45,000 raise on Obama’s watch.

Not even close to true.

We can but we won't. The markets aren't interested in that happening and they get what they want. Obama did very little even though he did more than Trump.

Even 182 prosecutions. There are tens of thousands employers hiring illegals.
I know but the goal is to scare employers so they won’t dare hire illegals. Reagan signaled to employers there would be little consequences if they get caught.

There is no such thing as a free market stupid

I understand the difference between a employers market and an employees market.

I don’t want to hear about papags personal experience. I’m going by national averages. Fact is, labor is not doing as well as they did twenty years ago and CEOs are doing better than ever. That means employers are giving themselves big raises but not their employees.

If you want to talk about personal experience I got a $45,000 raise on Obama’s watch.
Again, free markets. Contractors and plumbers are doing better too. Hire a plumber now vs 10 yrs ago. Rates have nearly doubled. Free markets. Don’t want that plumber try to hire a cheaper one who is good. Free markets work. Sorry you don’t understand how. And you lie about your raise. You told me you only make $80k per yr

Maybe this op ed will make you less stupid

There is no such thing as a free market stupid

Yep there is. If I do not like my job, I can quit tomorrow and work elsewhere. What is more free than that?

Forum List

Back