Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

It's just silly to suggest people have not gotten a raise in 20 years
Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
Once again that's just silly of course people got raises, a bunch of people retired and the ones who took there place was paid accordingly to there skills
Great point. Teachers today don’t make what they used to. Neither do new ford and gm employees.

This is great. Goes to show that it can be done.

Why not $1 billion an hour? If $15 is good, $1 billion is better - everyone would be rich, right comrade?

I mean, money has intrinsic value; it's not like fiat currency introduced into a system with no increase in value will simply dilute the value of that currency...

You Commies sure are smart...

Pretty sure the prices on Wayfair will be jacked up now so they will lose sales and have higher expenses. Explains why they can't make money.

You can pay a little more for your shelf or more in taxes to provide welfare for people who are not able to break the poverty level even despite working.

Why not $1 billion an hour? If $15 is good, $1 billion is better - everyone would be rich, right comrade?

I mean, money has intrinsic value; it's not like fiat currency introduced into a system with no increase in value will simply dilute the value of that currency...

The government provides billions for the markets. Why not for everyone? This does not dilute the value? It doesn't make those left out fall even further behind?

Pretty sure the prices on Wayfair will be jacked up now so they will lose sales and have higher expenses. Explains why they can't make money.

You can pay a little more for your shelf or more in taxes to provide welfare for people who are not able to break the poverty level even despite working.
I can but why would I? Wayfair has never made money. They are living off their cash reserves and yes their stock price is high but unjustified. Watch it crumble. Remember CMGI? In the end you have to make a profit and lowering revenues while raising expenses is not the way to do it.

I can but why would I? Wayfair has never made money. They are living off their cash reserves and yes their stock price is high but unjustified. Watch it crumble. Remember CMGI? In the end you have to make a profit and lowering revenues while raising expenses is not the way to do it.

All stock prices are unjustifiable. Why is that?

The government provides billions for the markets. Why not for everyone? This does not dilute the value? It doesn't make those left out fall even further behind?
How does the Gov't "provide billions for the markets"? We are a meritocracy? How much of my hard earned money are you entitled to?

Yes you do. No one is taking the $10 an hour job because there are so many out there paying $15.

Yeah, the Wuhan Designer Virus (Made in China®) has increased jobs so much that job seekers can name their price. And consumers have total confidence in the economy locked down by communist rulers in blue states.

You Communists have it ALL figured out! :thup:

All stock prices are unjustifiable. Why is that?
When did I say "all"? I said Wayfair's is and it is because their EPS (do you know what that is?) is negative. If you aren't generating earnings then where is your value?

Let’s just say if workers had any power like they did before Reagan, we would have gotten appropriate raises over the last few decades. But unions have been broken. So instead of us getting our fair share, we’re given raises that don’t even keep up with inflation and the CEOs of America have seen their pay skyrocket.

The CEOs think this is fair. You think this is fair. But workers sure don’t. If only we had power to do something about it. Maybe we should organize.

How does the Gov't "provide billions for the markets"? We are a meritocracy? How much of my hard earned money are you entitled to?

I hate when people post ignorant statement like this when you know the answer.

Let’s just say if workers had any power like they did before Reagan, we would have gotten appropriate raises over the last few decades. But unions have been broken. So instead of us getting our fair share, we’re given raises that don’t even keep up with inflation and the CEOs of America have seen their pay skyrocket.

The CEOs think this is fair. You think this is fair. But workers sure don’t. If only we had power to do something about it. Maybe we should organize.
It is a free market economy. If you believe you're underpaid then find another job and if you cannot find a job that pays more then you're being paid fairly. It isn't a very difficult situation to comprehend.

If I start a wigit making company and invest MY OWN money in it then I can pay whatever I want and if you don't want to work there I'll find someone else. If I can't find anyone then I'll have to increase my wages and or benefits. That is called capitalism and free markets.

You're welcome for the lesson. This one is on the house.

I hate when people post ignorant statement like this when you know the answer.
Nope. I am truly asking you. Nice deflection.

Try again, and start by telling the truth this time.

Unlike you, I can back up my statements (though I was low)

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown.
LMAO....you mean the PPP loans? You do realize that those loans come with a caveat that the Company maintains its employee base and not fire them. In essence the Gov't is paying companies to pay their employees during the crisis. So IT IS GIVING THE MONEY TO THE PEOPLE.

Forum List

Back