Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

Great point. Teachers today don’t make what they used to. Neither do new ford and gm employees.

True, teachers make what doctors used to make.

Grade school teachers have on average 6 figure salaries. College professors average in 7 figures, while pontificating about income equality.
I don’t think what you just said is true. My sister in law has her masters and makes around $80,000. New teachers today don’t make that much.

And college professors have taken a huge hit over the last few decades. It used to be a great paying gig. Now temp or adjunct professors make $30,000 a year.

The government provides billions for the markets. Why not for everyone? This does not dilute the value? It doesn't make those left out fall even further behind?

Try again, and start by telling the truth this time.

Unlike you, I can back up my statements (though I was low)

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown.
LMAO....you mean the PPP loans? You do realize that those loans come with a caveat that the Company maintains its employee base and not fire them. In essence the Gov't is paying companies to pay their employees during the crisis. So IT IS GIVING THE MONEY TO THE PEOPLE.

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown.

Great point. Teachers today don’t make what they used to. Neither do new ford and gm employees.

Grade school teachers have on average 6 figure salaries. College professors average in 7 figures, while pontificating about income equality.

Not even close to true.

Which States Have the Highest and Lowest Teacher Salaries?

But you knew you were lying.
Notice the pattern? No matter what profession we talk about republicans are always arguing that the workers are overpaid.

The government provides billions for the markets. Why not for everyone? This does not dilute the value? It doesn't make those left out fall even further behind?

LMAO....you mean the PPP loans? You do realize that those loans come with a caveat that the Company maintains its employee base and not fire them. In essence the Gov't is paying companies to pay their employees during the crisis. So IT IS GIVING THE MONEY TO THE PEOPLE.

Already answered that. The CARES loans are payments that go directly to employees. Companies cannot garner those LOANS not free money unless they retain their employees or else they have to pay the LOANS back. This is what I do for a living. LOL.

Happy to answer any questions you have. In essence the GOVT is paying companies monies to siphon to their employees vs. laying them off.

Not even close to true.

Notice the pattern? No matter what profession we talk about republicans are always arguing that the workers are overpaid.

And lying about it to try to make a point they can not make otherwise.

Not even close to true.

LIE. I said free markets determine payment. Maybe you should tell the truth so that we may have an honest debate?

Already answered that. The CARES loans are payments that go directly to employees. Companies cannot garner those LOANS not free money unless they retain their employees or else they have to pay the LOANS back. This is what I do for a living. LOL.

Happy to answer any questions you have. In essence the GOVT is paying companies monies to siphon to their employees vs. laying them off.

This is not that program. But you know that.

Not even close to true.

LIE. I said free markets determine payment. Maybe you should tell the truth so that we may have an honest debate?

We do not have free markets.

Not even close to true.

So far you're getting creamed here. You still have yet to answer my questions:

#1) How is the Gov't helping companies?

#2) How much of my hard earned money is someone else entitled to?

#3) Wayfair doesn't make a profit now, how will they when they just increased expenses and will likely suffer a reduction in sales.

Thank you

Let’s just say if workers had any power like they did before Reagan, we would have gotten appropriate raises over the last few decades. But unions have been broken. So instead of us getting our fair share, we’re given raises that don’t even keep up with inflation and the CEOs of America have seen their pay skyrocket.

The CEOs think this is fair. You think this is fair. But workers sure don’t. If only we had power to do something about it. Maybe we should organize.

Unions have been broken? SEIU has more members than any time in history. The entire public sector is infected with parasites in the form of unions when there are no stock holders or owners.

So, what is your "fair share?" After 10 years, you know as little about economics as when I first encountered you. Are you incapable of learning? Lack of intellect? Lack of intellectual curiosity?

You post laughably absurd crap that is based on nothing.

As I've explained to you repeatedly - fiat currency has no value - none - it is a marker, a promissory note against goods and services, nothing more. If you eat it, it won't nourish you, it won't cloth you, it has no intrinsic value. The ONLY marker of how well off someone is in contrast to past ages is how many hours of labor must be expended to gain the goods and services we need. How long must the average American labor to gain a loaf of bread, a new car, a TV, a pair of shoes, etc.

America was at it's peak in 2019. The average American had the greatest spending power in the history of the world in 2019. (which is why the Wuhan Designer Virus had to be unleashed).

Not even close to true.

Bullshit. If a sub shop owner doesn't want to pay an employee $15/hr that employee can go elsewhere and find that wage and if not then they are stuck at that sub shop and if that sub shop cannot find employees then the owner will increase wages. We precisely have free markets.

Not even close to true.

I work with two women who are administrative/logistic/accounting type workers. They make $40,000 a year. In the 1990s I worked with women like this and back then they also made $40,000 a year. Factor inflation in they are poorer than they were in the 1990s. But the companies profits are better. So is the owners salary.

This is not that program. But you know that.
Yes it is. LOL

Not even close to true.

I work with two women who are administrative/logistic/accounting type workers. They make $40,000 a year. In the 1990s I worked with women like this and back then they also made $40,000 a year. Factor inflation in they are poorer than they were in the 1990s. But the companies profits are better. So is the owners salary.
So the women are free to leave and find employment elsewhere. No one is holding a gun to their head. Why don't they?

Not even close to true.

Starting salary is a bullshit indicator - Your propaganda piece assumes that a teacher fresh out of Marxist Indoctrination never receives a raise, nor perqs that are generally several times the base salary.

Not even close to true.

So far you're getting creamed here. You still have yet to answer my questions:

#1) How is the Gov't helping companies?

Farmers Got Billions From Taxpayers In 2019, And Hardly Anyone Objected

#2) How much of my hard earned money is someone else entitled to?

At least as much as corporations are entitled to mine.

#3) Wayfair doesn't make a profit now, how will they when they just increased expenses and will likely suffer a reduction in sales.

Thank you

Gross profit was $1.3 billion or 30.7% of total net revenue

Wayfair Announces Second Quarter 2020 Results

Now at some point might you stop lying?

Not even close to true.

Starting salary is a bullshit indicator - Your propaganda piece assumes that a teacher fresh out of Marxist Indoctrination never receives a raise, nor perqs that are generally several times the base salary.

That wasn't showing starting salary but you knew that.

the national average salary for the 2018-19 school year is $61,730

I give up all hope of you being honest.

Not even close to true.

Bullshit. If a sub shop owner doesn't want to pay an employee $15/hr that employee can go elsewhere and find that wage and if not then they are stuck at that sub shop and if that sub shop cannot find employees then the owner will increase wages. We precisely have free markets.
How come this didn’t happen in 2019 when unemployment was zero? Strangely wages didn’t go up like they should have.

I remember in the 90s a lot of my coworkers were able to go find better paying jobs because employers were willing to pay to steal them. Then the company they work for would match that pay to keep them. I don’t think this is happening today. I think the employer is willing to let the good employee go and they think they can find someone for less who will do just as good.

Maybe it’s these temp agencies who are keeping wages low.

Seems like the last couple years have been an employers market

If it is so easy to go find a better paying job why don’t more republicans quit and find better jobs?

Not even close to true.

If we had free markets the farmers would have been permitted to sell their products and not went bankrupt.

Forum List

Back