We all called it. Trump is gone so NOW Cuomo tweets: "We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass... We must reopen the economy

Sweden has been an abject disaster...eclipsed only by...yea...us.

Nonsense.
The USA is not even in the Top 10 (worst).
Not bad considering they're including motorbike accidents and deaths by gunshots.
Sweden is even lower in the chart.
holy shit. You're either an abject liar or completely ignorant.

NOT EVEN CLOSE

I wonder if Benito Cuomo will actually start using the tens of thousands of vaccines he is sitting on when Biden is sworn in.

What a POS he is.

We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely. #SOTS2021

Yep, thats obviously not Trump speaking.

Here in New York the guidelines are based on infection rates.

In the summer positive test rates fell well bellow 5% and restraunts were allowed to re-open inside seating. No one accused Cuomo of anything at that time.

But now that positive test rates went up again eating in was correspondingly shut down again.

"Well . . . TRUMP!!!!!! So THERE!"

Way to dodge the actual topic in favor of the only talking point you can remember.

We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely.

Since we have passed the new infection rate peaks caused by Election, Thanksgiving, Christmas & NewYears, the infection rate spikes should stop until we get enough vaccine into citizens to slow the spread.

We must rapidly vaccinate & safely reopen what's left of the economy.

We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely.

Since we have passed the new infection rate peaks caused by Election, Thanksgiving, Christmas & NewYears, the infection rate spikes should stop until we get enough vaccine into citizens to slow the spread.

You mean now that China Joe has been elected. If you were honest with yourself, you'd understand that was the reason for shutting everything down in the first place.

Nonsense.
The USA is not even in the Top 10 (worst).
Not bad considering they're including motorbike accidents and deaths by gunshots.
Sweden is even lower in the chart.
holy shit. You're either an abject liar or completely ignorant.

NOT EVEN CLOSE

I see. You are not aware of the term "per capita".

Bullshit. Everybody should be masking. And should continue to mask after herd immumity is achieved.

Nobody should be getting sick, or rather the least number possible. We don't know enough about the long term effects of the virus. Deliberately infecting ANYONE to achieve "herd immunity" is both morally indefensible, and violates the Hypocratic Oath of "First - do no harm". Leaving an entire generation with "pre-existing conditions" is hardly a solution.

I'm up there on the list for getting the vaccine. If I decide to take it, off comes the mask when I know the vaccine is fully effective.

And 4,000 died from it just yesterday.

It's worse than ever

When combined with the comorbidity and rising flu season, is anyone surprised? Of the 4,000, how many died without a comorbidity or flu?

There is no flu season this year. The wearing of masks, hand washing, social distancing, and other measures being taken to shut down the covid pandemic are shutting down all manner of viral spreads including gastro-intestinal virus, colds, and the flu.

You seem to think that if I have an asthma attack and die, while having covid, my cause of death should be listed as "asthma". But the reality is that I don't have life threatening asthma attacks unless I have an underlying infection, like pneumonia, or a serious case of the flu. So while an asthma attack might kill me, I wouldn't be having that asthma attack if I didn't have covid. Similarly, if I have a survivable form of cancer and I get covid, it may be the cancer that kills me as a result of my getting covid on top of that otherwise surviveable form of cancer.

My question for you is why are you so committed to downplaying the virus and denying it's impact on the lives and the deaths of so many people. My only conclusion is you want the economic devastation that results from the costs of testing and treating the millions of Americans who continue to sicken and die from covid to continue.

Why do you want to pretend this isn't happening, Mr. 100 posts a day?
Funny thing is that my mom has been wearing a mask for about 5 years due to health reasons. She hasnt been sick in those same 5 years. Not even a cold.

I hadn't had a cold in 5 years either, without wearing a mask.
But that does not mean masks can not be useful in preventing infection.
It is just that when everyone does it, that actually increases infection by preventing herd immunity from ending epidemics.
The way all epidemics have always ended, is that a greedy infection uses up too many potential local hosts too quickly, so then in 12 days when it HAS to move on to a new hosts, it can't find one, so then dies out.
So effectively masks conserve hosts, so that no matter how greedy a virus might be, it never runs out.
It never uses up all the local hosts, so then there is always enough new hosts without immunity, to prevent the virus from dying out.
This virus isnt 100% lethal so there is no way it would use up its hosts too quickly. Masking and distancing just keeps it at bay until vaccines can be deployed.
Neither masking nor distancing is being carried out in Africa and Covid deaths there are in single figures in some countries.
Trying to stop a microscopic virus with a mask is like trying to stop the rain with a tennis racket.
It's everywhere. On money, door handles. The mask itself.
You dont know what youre talking about in regard to Africa. They mask and they social distance.

Good thing that masks stop vapor droplets which is what the virus uses as a vehicle to get to you.

Water droplets dry up in less than an hour, so then the much smaller virus spores are very quickly then released from the water droplets. So masks really do not do much good. If they do any good, it may be that once reduced to just the dried virus spores, their concentration may not be enough to plant a base when inhaled. But masks certainly do not stop virus spores from getting out or coming in. The only question is how many do you need in order to get infected?
Thats why you also social distance. Water vapor travel is severely depressed behind a mask. You probably need quite alot of virus to infect you. My theory is that the body is building immunity even if it experiences one virus spore.

Good answer.
I do believe masks work somewhat as a tactic.

But is does not answer the strategy question of how to end the epidemic.
And the only known answers to that are quarantine or herd immunity.
The both work because they can be done quickly.
Quarantine though requires things like contract tracing, that the US was never willing to do.
So that only leaves herd immunity.

So how does herd immunity work?
We see it with Ebola.
The virus burns out the local host population too quickly, so then has no new hosts to spread it, so it dies.
So then masks can interfere with herd immunity, if that is the strategy.
And instead, only the vulnerable should be masking.
The health and young, likely then should be volunteering for variolation, (deliberate infection), in order to quickly increase the herd immunity % to the point the virus dies.

Bullshit. Everybody should be masking. And should continue to mask after herd immumity is achieved.

Nobody should be getting sick, or rather the least number possible. We don't know enough about the long term effects of the virus. Deliberately infecting ANYONE to achieve "herd immunity" is both morally indefensible, and violates the Hypocratic Oath of "First - do no harm". Leaving an entire generation with "pre-existing conditions" is hardly a solution.

This post confirms your complete idiocy on matters of public health.
Kinda like wearing it as a uniform, huh?

I wonder if Benito Cuomo will actually start using the tens of thousands of vaccines he is sitting on when Biden is sworn in.

What a POS he is.

I thought his first name was Fredo, not Benito.

But the whole Corona Panic from the start was a plot to denigrate President Trump and elevate Sleepy Joe.

I expect the hourly reports on Corona stats in America to end soon after Biden is coronated next week.

Obama had ordered ventilators.. Trump cancelled the order.. He got a rush job at 5 times the price.

Bull. New York had backup ventilators, but they sold them because of the cost of maintenance.

Really? Where? Who did they sell them to?

So why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship and field hospital?

No staffing.

Not at all true.
The FEMA hospital ship and field hospitals came with their own staff, mostly military.
They were never used at all, and were not needed at all.
So the claims of overwhelming were and are fake.
All the hospitals where I know people who work there, say half the staff have been laid off and sent home.
The only thing we are shown are deliberately mocked up for broadcast purposes.
They are not real.
That was purely political. The Dems demanded it assuming that Trump could not deliver quickly and look irresponsible. Same with the ventillators. They demanded thousands hoping Trump would fail. He didn't
Trump made so many ventillators that he was able to ship them to my country too.

What is most aggravating about ventilators is that they are not a good idea.
The lung damage that makes breathing hard is from an immune system over reaction, the cytokine storm.
So the proper treatment is immuno suppressants.
To use a ventilator, they have to induce a chemical coma, to suppress the gag reflex, and once you immobilize someone like that, they have almost zero chance of recovery. Ventilators are a death sentence.
What they should be doing instead is keeping the person awake and active, constantly changing position, from side to side, face down, etc., to help drain the lungs.
Thanks Dr. Rigby, I'm sure the medical community appreciates your input.

Ill listen to him over liars such as fauci and other propaganda spreaders.

Obama had ordered ventilators.. Trump cancelled the order.. He got a rush job at 5 times the price.

Bull. New York had backup ventilators, but they sold them because of the cost of maintenance.

Really? Where? Who did they sell them to?

Five years ago?? Are you kidding me? Just how stupid are you?

You mean now that China Joe has been elected. If you were honest with yourself, you'd understand that was the reason for shutting everything down in the first place.
No. - Not like DeSantis did in FL to help Trump win election.

Forum List

Back