We are three months into the Republican Congress.....Why haven't they accomplished anything yet?

You should all be embarrassed not to investigate your own government and watch it in action.

For shame :lol: I'm looking at many bills that have been introduced and passed.

I knew that some of you weren't up to speed except to be partisan hacks but I thought some of you might know how to track your government.

Well, the stock answer to why Obama hasn't gotten the economy turned around is that it took Bush eight years to fuck it up... so it will take a while.

So, it took Obama 6+ years to create this mess, so it will take more than three months to fix it.

Haven't passed a single piece of legislation

How are they going to fix the "Trainwreck" that is the Obama administration if they don't do anything?

The Republicans celebrated the demise of Obama

They had turned him into a lame duck President while they now get to call the shots

Meanwhile, Obama has

Extended Immigration Reform
Recognized Cuba
Formed an international accord to dismantle Irans nuclear program

What have Republicans accomplished so far?

Well, the stock answer to why Obama hasn't gotten the economy turned around is that it took Bush eight years to fuck it up... so it will take a while.

So, it took Obama 6+ years to create this mess, so it will take more than three months to fix it.

How are they going to fix the "Trainwreck" that is the Obama administration if they don't do anything?

You're full of shit that they haven't passed anything.

I'm checking the March legislative digest right now.

Can't wait

Tell me if there is an Obamacare repeal in there

Can't wait

Tell me if there is immigration reform in there.

2vkg8xi.jpg

Important stuff!

dimocraps are lying scum....

1. H.R.26 : Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] (introduced 1/6/2015) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: House Financial Services; House Agriculture
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-1 [GPO: Text, PDF]

2. H.R.203 : Clay Hunt SAV Act
Sponsor: Rep Walz, Timothy J. [MN-1] (introduced 1/7/2015) Cosponsors (39)
Committees: House Veterans' Affairs; Senate Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-2 [GPO: Text, PDF]

3. H.R.33 : Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Sponsor: Rep Barletta, Lou [PA-11] (introduced 1/6/2015) Cosponsors (15)
Committees: House Ways and Means
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-3 [GPO: Text, PDF]
Note: The bill extends continuing FY2015 appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security at the current annual rate until March 6, 2015, or enactment of appropriations legislation for FY2015, whichever occurs first.

4. H.R.240 : Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Sponsor: Rep Rogers, Harold [KY-5] (introduced 1/9/2015) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House Appropriations; House Budget
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-4 [GPO: Text, PDF]

5. H.R.431 : To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Foot Soldiers who participated in Bloody Sunday, Turnaround Tuesday, or the final Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights March in March of 1965, which served as a catalyst for the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Sponsor: Rep Sewell, Terri A. [AL-7] (introduced 1/21/2015) Cosponsors (303)
Committees: House Financial Services; Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-5 [GPO: Text, PDF]

6. H.R.1213 : Office of Compliance Administrative and Technical Corrections Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep Miller, Candice S. [MI-10] (introduced 3/3/2015) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: House Administration
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-6 [GPO: Text, PDF]

7. H.R.1527 : Slain Officer Family Support Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep Jeffries, Hakeem S. [NY-8] (introduced 3/23/2015) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-7 [GPO: Text, PDF]

Go to this website and go to the Legislative Digest and find out what they are up to.

Here's just a few days into March.

Long-Term Care Veteran Choice Act, as amended

Sponsor: Rep. Jeff Miller (Veterans Affairs)
March 2, 2015
Passed

To authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to recoup bonuses and awards paid to employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs, as amended

March 2, 2015

Monday March 2 2015 gop.gov

Passenger Rail Reform and Investment Act of 2015

Sponsor: Rep. Bill Shuster (Transportation and Infrastructure)
March 3, 2015
Passed

Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015

March 3, 2015
Passed

Tuesday March 3 2015 gop.gov

March 3, 2015
Passed

Wednesday March 4 2015 gop.gov

And on it goes.

Republicans promised so much if they were elected

Repeal Obamacare
Pass Keystone Pipeline into law
Balance the budget
Stop immigration reform
Stop gay marriage

Three months and they have accomplished..........um...um

Nothing
Not to mention dealing with all those Constitutional violations they constantly attribute to the President. If Obama has violated the Constitution, why hasn't the Republican controlled Congress done anything about it? What's stopping them?
So the slap downs he has gotten from the courts don't mean a thing right?how did his edicts about immigration work out for him?

Can't wait

Tell me if there is immigration reform in there.

They have been sitting on it for over a year

Boehner said he would get to it as soon as the election was over

dimocraps are lying scum....

1. H.R.26 : Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] (introduced 1/6/2015) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: House Financial Services; House Agriculture
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-1 [GPO: Text, PDF]

2. H.R.203 : Clay Hunt SAV Act
Sponsor: Rep Walz, Timothy J. [MN-1] (introduced 1/7/2015) Cosponsors (39)
Committees: House Veterans' Affairs; Senate Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-2 [GPO: Text, PDF]

3. H.R.33 : Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Sponsor: Rep Barletta, Lou [PA-11] (introduced 1/6/2015) Cosponsors (15)
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-3 [GPO: Text, PDF]
Note: The bill extends continuing FY2015 appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security at the current annual rate until March 6, 2015, or enactment of appropriations legislation for FY2015, whichever occurs first.

4. H.R.240 : Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Sponsor: Rep Rogers, Harold [KY-5] (introduced 1/9/2015) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House Appropriations; House Budget
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-4 [GPO: Text, PDF]

5. H.R.431 : To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Foot Soldiers who participated in Bloody Sunday, Turnaround Tuesday, or the final Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights March in March of 1965, which served as a catalyst for the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Sponsor: Rep Sewell, Terri A. [AL-7] (introduced 1/21/2015) Cosponsors (303)
Committees: House Financial Services; Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-5 [GPO: Text, PDF]

6. H.R.1213 : Office of Compliance Administrative and Technical Corrections Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep Miller, Candice S. [MI-10] (introduced 3/3/2015) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: House Administration
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-6 [GPO: Text, PDF]

7. H.R.1527 : Slain Officer Family Support Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep Jeffries, Hakeem S. [NY-8] (introduced 3/23/2015) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 114-7 [GPO: Text, PDF]

I can't believe that they don't know what the government is doing. I consider my provincial and federal conservative reps my employees.

:) After all we truly are their bosses. I'm always checking up on what's going on. That way I can see waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance if they are going to slip a new tax on us up here and try to head it off.

Republicans celebrated when they took the Congress in November. They have now had three months to show us what we were missing

What have they accomplished?

Welcome to politics 101. Now, really, you honestly didn't think that anything in Washington was going to change, did you? FYI - Washington politics hasn't changed in the past 60 years, so why would you, or anyone, think that it would suddenly change now? A much better question would've been, "when are voters going to wake up and smell the coffee"? Hey, figure this one out, if you can: "Why do voters continuously elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, yet expect a different result each time"? I don't know about you, but to me, it seems that they would've figured out the problem by now and corrected it.

Everyone knows that professional politicians are all about egos, self-service, influence, power, greed, and climbing the political ladder at all cost. Everyone already knows that once elected to office, they exert their will, and not the will of the people. Everyone knows that we have a Lobbyists controlled U.S. Congress, and that our representatives are mere puppets dancing to the tunes played by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. Everyone knows that votes on the floors of Congress are bought and sold. Legislation and policy is a commodity, and each has a price for those willing to pay. We also know that by the time they are elected to office, they owe many favors, and they pay back the ones they owe.

Why do you think that we have growing poverty, a lower standard of living, an astronomical and rising national debt, rundown infrastructure, pretend wars where our soldiers are sacrificed for the benefit of corporations and greedy government contractors, cities going bankrupt, the largest prison population in the world, wealth accumulation at the top, economically devastating illegal immigrant issues, a tarnished reputation and lose of respect from our friends and allies, and taxation without fair, equal, and just representation?

Have you noticed Main Street America over the past several decades, and the many changes for the worst? Have you considered our loss of privacy, the power and authority granted to members of law enforcement, the injustices in our judicial system, and the unquestionable power and takeover of this once great nation by "The Washington Brotherhood"?

2vkg8xi.jpg

Important stuff!

Hey! Your butthole buddy said we ''haven't passed a single piece of legislation''

Which was a lie. So now you want to move the goalposts after we PROVE that dimocraps are lying scumbags?

Single out a piece of legislation that YOU think needs passed and I'll tell you why scum of the earth dimocraps are fucking up the works.

Or just make sweeping, general lies. It's what you do best

Go to this website and go to the Legislative Digest and find out what they are up to.

Here's just a few days into March.

Long-Term Care Veteran Choice Act, as amended

March 2, 2015

Passed

To authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to recoup bonuses and awards paid to employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs, as amended

March 2, 2015

Monday March 2 2015 gop.gov

March 3, 2015
Passed

Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015

March 3, 2015
Passed

Tuesday March 3 2015 gop.gov

March 3, 2015
Passed

Wednesday March 4 2015 gop.gov

And on it goes.

Thats it?

That is what they have been waiting eight years for?

Where is the repeal of Obamacare?
Where is the balanced budget?
Where is immigration reform?
Where is the Lynch vote?
Where is the impeachment of Obama?
Why do I ask so many questions?

They have done a lot!

Refused to raise min wage
Refused to become one of the last countries to give women paid maternity leave (we remain one of 4 countries to NOT have this)
Bitched and moaned about obamacare
Conspired with right wingers in Iran to derail peace talks

I am sure there is more.

Name the 192 countries that have paid maternity leave and please link to your source(s).

Forum List

Back