We get to pay for student loans. Great.

Except for the fact those checks were sent out to everybody: Republicans, Democrats, Independents. It was done equally.

The majority of students in just about any college are Democrats. Just ask them. They always like to brag how college educated voters vote for them.
It's very, very different when we do it.

The irony is that no one really seems interested in solving the problem. We have an ill-conceived state program that lures hapless kids into taking on debt they'll never be able to pay back, and drives tuition prices up in the process. We need to end it. Compensating its victims, while leaving the program in place as if nothing is wrong, is idiotic.

Dems specialize in idiotic.

This is just an election trick, nothing more. BTW, who the hell makes 60k or more with a college degree ??? I have 4 science degrees an make 11.20 hr. Here in Detroit area, most of the corporate jobs hire via TEMP AGENCIES ( like engineering) and most of the office jobs are staffed by non-whites; you dont get in if you are white, I tried.

I got my student loan forgiven by working in public service for 10 years,,,,,,those people can too.

This is just an election trick, nothing more. BTW, who the hell makes 60k or more with a college degree ??? I have 4 science degrees an make 11.20 hr. Here in Detroit area, most of the corporate jobs hire via TEMP AGENCIES ( like engineering) and most of the office jobs are staffed by non-whites; you dont get in if you are white, I tried.

I got my student loan forgiven by working in public service for 10 years,,,,,,those people can too.

You're not alone. When I was working I can't tell you how many other truck drivers I talked to that had a college degree. Their field of choice either had no available jobs or the jobs that were out there paid much less than being a driver. They told me college was the biggest mistake of their lives. They should have just started driving a truck long ago.

You're not alone. When I was working I can't tell you how many other truck drivers I talked to that had a college degree. Their field of choice either had no available jobs or the jobs that were out there paid much less than being a driver. They told me college was the biggest mistake of their lives. They should have just started driving a truck long ago.

But if we want to not have to buy Swedish, German, or Japanese trucks, we need more college graduates.
And college does not have to cost more than high school.
You should not need a PhD in order to teach what you did for 30 years.

I don't care what that fraud spews.

It's BS my husband and I are responsible and now have to pay irresponsible fck's loans
It is irresponsible. The scary thing is that the $10k relief is only a first step. There are calls for 100 percent debt forgiveness. If that is not bad enough, I see no proposals for enhanced controls to stop people from taking out such large loans to go to private school in another time zone and major in something for which there is no demand in the job market.

Hence, the process will repeat itself.

It is irresponsible. The scary thing is that the $10k relief is only a first step. There are calls for 100 percent debt forgiveness. If that is not bad enough, I see no proposals for enhanced controls to stop people from taking out such large loans to go to private school in another time zone and major in something for which there is no demand in the job market.

Hence, the process will repeat itself.

We know how Democrats operate: Baby steps, baby steps until they get every damn thing they want which in this case is government funded college giving them control. It's why I'm against them taking the first steps to disarming Americans. If we let them get away with it, eventually down the road most people will be disarmed.

But if we want to not have to buy Swedish, German, or Japanese trucks, we need more college graduates.
And college does not have to cost more than high school.
You should not need a PhD in order to teach what you did for 30 years.

My point is that when these kids go to college they have no idea WTF they want to be in life, and throw a dart at a dart board to see which career they are going to pursue. They don't check out the job market, they check out what's the easiest courses to take which there are no jobs in.

Idle thought: according to the 2020 US Census, white people comprise 61.6% of the total population. What do you want to bet that the % of people assisted by this debt forgiveness is a lot higher than 61.6%, so ...... isn't that racist? Full disclosure, I have not seen any data on the racial breakdown, but I would bet serious money that the people who will get the most money is way higher than 61.6%, AND I also think that the amount of money forgiven for white people is way higher than non-whites. Sounds racist to me.

:rolleyes-41:

1661641726520.png

Never Forget: 83% of the Trump tax breaks are going to the top 1%

87% of Biden's student loan benefits are going to individuals making $75,000 or less and 0% are going to the top 1%.

Yes. It's about time someone stood up for working class families

By the sound of this post, I`m guessing that you were rejected for another reason.

My point is that when these kids go to college they have no idea WTF they want to be in life, and throw a dart at a dart board to see which career they are going to pursue. They don't check out the job market, they check out what's the easiest courses to take which there are no jobs in.
I say there should be a required “work year” between high school and college.

1. It would give a high school graduates a full year to better determine what career path they want, and add a bit of maturity when they enroll in college after having been in the “adult world.”

2. It would give them at least $20,000 to apply to tuition, which at state colleges would cover the first year.

3. The unfilled jobs at Target, Walmart, etc., would get applicants.

4. Working the lower-skilled jobs would give them an appreciation for the opportunities that will open up by picking a marketable major and graduating from college. As it stands now, 40% of matriculates do not graduate, and end up with student loan debt and no degree.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Forum List

Back