We should expand the H1B program to include educators to increase diversity.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Why should we limit ourselves in regards to educational talent? I have a way to bring in more diverse talent while lowering costs. Let's bring in tens of thousands of foreign workers as high school teachers and college professors as well as educational psychologists and school administrators. In particular, there is a shortage of liberal arts professors and they are constantly talking about how we need more diversity. I say we bring in more diverse perspectives from around the world, not simply diversity of skin color or genitalia.

Yanno..................judging from your thread title, you could use an "educater" yourself..........................

Here.............let me help you out.......................

educator
[ ej-oo-key-ter ]
|
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR educator ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
1. a person or thing that educates, especially a teacher, principal, or other person involved in planning or directing education.
2. an educationist.

It's spelled "educator", not "educater".

Why should we limit ourselves in regards to educational talent? I have a way to bring in more diverse talent while lowering costs. Let's bring in tens of thousands of foreign workers as high school teachers and college professors as well as educational psychologists and school administrators. In particular, there is a shortage of liberal arts professors and they are constantly talking about how we need more diversity. I say we bring in more diverse perspectives from around the world, not simply diversity of skin color or genitalia.

Nevermind that. America should go to other nations, interview the best and brightest and offer them citizenship, say, on a temp basis. If they are solid citizens for a year, make it permanent.

As an example. I graduated University with an Award for top marks. Scored in top percentile on my GMAT for MBA. Was nominated for awards at work, and have extensive volunteer experience, even high IQ results (not that it matters per se). Full of energy, passion, and personal principle, and I am relegated to odd jobs and temp because my own government allows covert police abuses, threats and even an assault against me (which I wisely didn't respond to as I know what they were attempting) in an effort to try and silence and destroy me.

I'd love to have a US recruitment office be in Canada and pick someone like myself and my wife to be free. The H1B is appealing but really it's tough for someone like me to feel comfortable just across my border without being a citizen.

That's my 2 cents. Why just accept applications and the politics behind them when you can go to other nations and literally steal their best citizens? Do Americans know how valuable their Republic, Constitution and economy is to the rest of the world of High Performers?

Last edited:

There is no shortage of liberal arts teachers but an over abundance of students wasting their time with trivial pursuts.

You know, at one time, more people went to trade school and learned useful skills than those who went to college. Now? It seems that trade schools are begging for people, while many graduates are opting to go to college and incur horrendous debt.

Right now, trade school would be more beneficial to attend.

One of our biggest problems on this country is our extensive breadth of ideologies and cultural concepts and now you want to exacerbate thst by bringing in more foreign educators?

No Thanks.

One of our biggest problems on this country is our extensive breadth of ideologies and cultural concepts and now you want to exacerbate thst by bringing in more foreign educators?

No Thanks.

You can learn about the beauty of Communism from a Chinese professor and a wise Cuban teacher can educate you all on the benefit of being a subject of the state. Of course, they won't explain why their systems are so great that they have to travel to capitalist America for opportunity...

You know, at one time, more people went to trade school and learned useful skills than those who went to college. Now? It seems that trade schools are begging for people, while many graduates are opting to go to college and incur horrendous debt.

And the graduates probably make more money while doing something actually useful.

And the graduates probably make more money while doing something actually useful.

More useful than political activism and agitation?

Not only that, but when they do a good job and get a good reputation, they will have work for as long as they want to do it.

You can learn about the beauty of Communism from a Chinese professor and a wise Cuban teacher can educate you all on the benefit of being a subject of the state. Of course, they won't explain why their systems are so great that they have to travel to capitalist America for opportunity...

No need to learn about things we already know have no value and are contrary to the proper ideology and culture of the United States.

No need to learn about things we already know have no value and are contrary to the proper ideology and culture of the United States.

I agree, but it makes you wonder what some are learning now when they protest with pink hats and the hammer and sickle flag.

Forum List

Back