Weapons of war in civilian hands

The various State Militia's were under the command of and could be called to duty by the President.

Actually, state militias are never under the command of the President, unless specifically called up by the federal government.

It is only recently that the courts held that an individual has the right to own a gun for protection. That could be taken away by another court decision in the future. Which is why I'd liken to see a new amendment to clearly define those rights.

This is ignorant. Just because something is said for the first time does not mean that only became true at that time. The right to bear arms has always included any lawful purpose for bearing arms. The right to self defense has always been a lawful purpose for bearing arms. This predates our constitution as part of the English common law.

United States vs. Cruikshank (1875)
The United States v. Cruikshank was the Second Amendment's first real test under the incorporation doctrine. For gun owners, Cruikshank marked the start of more than a century of unchecked regulation by the states.

The case arose during a disputed gubernatorial election between Reconstruction Republicans and Democrats in Louisiana. Both the Democratic and Republican candidates for governor claimed victory. President Ulysses S. Grant sent in federal troops to support the Republican government, but Democrats refused to acknowledge their loss.

The state's nearly all-black militia gathered at the Colfax County courthouse to prevent the Democratic candidates from assuming local offices. Members of the White League, an armed paramilitary group of white Democrats, attacked and killed more than a hundred militiamen, an event which became known as the Colfax County Massacre.

The Court held in United States v. Cruikshank that the individual had no inherent Second Amendment rights. For more than a hundred years, this interpretation of the Second Amendment would go largely unchallenged. An individual's right to bear arms would be left up to the states, to allow or restrict as they deemed fit.

The Supreme Court's Impact on the Second Amendment
This is bad law, long since overturned by Scalia's write-up of Heller v. DC.

Your knowledge is bad.

You did not read on nor read carefully. You quoted superseded law, such as Dred Scott.

Yeah actually you insinuated that I was attempting to call for the astonishment of the 2nd amendment.
If you admit that the 2nd Amendment is nothing but a limit on Congress, you should have no problem admitting that you want to abolish it to give clear authority to the federal government. Feel free to qualify your response.

Example:

"I want to abolish the 2nd Amendment because it limits federal power, but only if it is replaced with specific clarifications on what civilians are permitted to own."

Nobody needs a gun designed for mass killing.
nobody needs a car that goes over 3x the speed limit either. not a matter of need, but right to have. you don't get to decide what the world needs.

Don't give libs any ideas, remember 55mph speed limits and vehicles limited to 80mph I do.
they can't focus on more than 1 crisis at a time anyway.

The liberal snowflakes near me just lowered the residential speed limit from 25mph to 20mph. Their entire tri county liberal cluster is one giant traffic jam on a daily basis what does it matter. The busses and light rail run around half empty.

Says the snowflake who is so scared he thinks he needs an ar15 for protectiom.

I use a .338 Winchester Magnum for self defense, the AR15 is just for target shooting. Any uppity libs break in I'll just use the SIG's since they are not much of a threat.

Note: Dred Scott was GOOD law until the Constitution was amended after the U.S. Civil War.

Cruikshank is superseded by Heller. BlindBoo you must already know this.

And yes, Scalia skates carefully over States' Rights to regulate public carry whether open or concealed. But he affirms that everyone has a right to own a handgun within their homes.

nobody needs a car that goes over 3x the speed limit either. not a matter of need, but right to have. you don't get to decide what the world needs.

Don't give libs any ideas, remember 55mph speed limits and vehicles limited to 80mph I do.

The liberal snowflakes near me just lowered the residential speed limit from 25mph to 20mph. Their entire tri county liberal cluster is one giant traffic jam on a daily basis what does it matter. The busses and light rail run around half empty.

I use a .338 Winchester Magnum for self defense, the AR15 is just for target shooting. Any uppity libs break in I'll just use the SIG's since they are not much of a threat.
Snowflake hides behind many guns then. You don’t need to be so scared.

and we have laws that say DON'T SHOOT PEOPLE.

again, it's not your call to determine what the world needs. get over your self-righteous self.
As soon as you can guarantee they won’t be used for mass killing innocent people.
can't do that anymore than i can guarantee you wont' say something stupid.
Then they should be heavily regulated like machine guns.
you referring to regulating yourself?

i'm for it. where do i sign?

and you never answered - do you include parkland in your high capacity mag issue?
Semi auto rifles obviously.
now you're just making shit up as you go.

a ruger 10/22 is a semi-automatic rifle. care to be more specific?

Oh I got the gun control freaks by the balls with this argument, they just shit themselves.
The excuses and deflections start to fly. Kinda funny.

Yeah they are stuttering but but but..:huddle: but

Your argument had already been dismissed. You seem too stupid to realize...

Several forum members agree with me, none agree with you.
Sorry but you aren’t the one called to arrest criminals. You are just hiding at home behind your guns.

We have illegals trafficking meth only miles from my house, don't worry I'm protected. Why don't you hang a shingle outside your house declaring it a gun free zone? Go ahead since you claim to have no fear.

Oh I got the gun control freaks by the balls with this argument, they just shit themselves.

Sorry but you aren’t the one called to arrest criminals. You are just hiding at home behind your guns.
as you are home hiding behind your keyboard.

As soon as you can guarantee they won’t be used for mass killing innocent people.

and you never answered - do you include parkland in your high capacity mag issue?

I would ban high capacity magazines.

We have illegals trafficking meth only miles from my house, don't worry I'm protected. Why don't you hang a shingle outside your house declaring it a gun free zone? Go ahead since you claim to have no fear.
Consider it done.

again - you jump around.

a high capacity mag was NOT used in parkland and you were acting as if it did. ie - lying - to try and keep doing the emotional plea so you can stomp your little return key and go I'M RIGHT!!!

as you are home hiding behind your keyboard.
Hiding from what? I go out unarmed all the time.

again - you jump around.

a high capacity mag was NOT used in parkland and you were acting as if it did. ie - lying - to try and keep doing the emotional plea so you can stomp your little return key and go I'M RIGHT!!!

They sure were in Vegas and Orlando. Link to what was used in Parkland?

At a minimum we should be allowed to own the same guns law enforcement use. After all we must defend ourselves from the very same criminals. Hence semi auto and large capacity mags should be legal.

Cause you are running around arresting criminals. You are hiding behind your guns while our children die.
Isn't it a little strange to you that you and your liberal handlers' ultimate goal is to strip weapons out of the hands of law-abiding citizens who do not / have not committed these crimes? Why are you so intent on going after law abiding citizens?

Barry railed against citizens who legally owned guns and ended up giving Mexican Drug cartels thousands of automatic weapons and grenades. NONE of the people involved were seriously punished. Barry spent 8 years financing, supplying, ARMING, and training terrorists - he ARMED Al Qaeda, ISIS, and the Muslim Brotherhood while promoting the crusade against law-abiding US citizens having legal weapons. (Barry was the f*ing Poster child for why Americans should have the right to own weapons to protect themselves because he armed so many of our enemies / threats to our lives!)

How about going after the bad guys for a while, punishing the Sheriff's office for failing to do their jobs, punishing the FBI for failing to do their jobs, firing the school officials who knew the parkland shooter was a threat but did nothing.......? Leave the law-abiding citizens and the 2nd Amendment alone until you guys can do those things.
Nobody needs a gun designed for mass killing.

Yeah that fucking liberal puke Nixon imposed the 55 mph speed limit. Liberal Bastard. Speedometers that only went to 85. "No officer I wasn't doing 110, it was only 85!"

Forum List

Back