Weapons of war in civilian hands

AR's jam like jam does.

AK's and Rugers are very easy to clear.

To clear an AR jam you need a hammer and a flat head screwdriver. This could get you killed in a firefight.

So I laugh at all the G.I. Joe's with AR's.
I agree that AKs can shoot in the worst conditions, even when covered in mud, but the AR is much improved since its original production. Much more reliable than other platforms.

Define that please. What makes something a "weapon of war"? What makes a gun a "military grade" weapon?
LOL

Any weapon including a rock in a sling that kills the enemy..................

Military Grade weapon.................increase the price of the weapon by a factor of 4 and there you go..........

:laughing0301:

Define that please. What makes something a "weapon of war"? What makes a gun a "military grade" weapon?
Military grade rifle: The M4 carbine. It can fire "fully-automatic." You squeeze the trigger and keep holding it down and it continues spitting out rounds until your magazine is empty. The AR-15 (ARmalite-15) is a civilian semi-automatic rifle and currently the most popular rifle purchased and used on rifle ranges.
The cheapest weapon to rack up mass casualties: It's sitting in your driveway or, if you don't have one of those four-wheeled killing beasts, you can rent one or even more cheaply, steal one. Then just pick the sidewalk of your choice in the city, town, or wide path of your choice. Obviously, the more people walking on them the better to rack up points with. The terrorist in Nice, France racked up a total of 85 points (kills) on his short drive. We've had a few terrorist attacks with motor vehicles, but so far, their tally isn't as impressive as the one in France. They will no doubt work out the kinks in that, eventually.
So, for mass killing, cars and trucks are your weapon of choice and stealing them is the preferred method. It doesn't cost you anything, the public won't ban them since they all use them and don't want to see anything that they personally use, taken away from them, and they're easily found.
So, forget about military or non-military style weapons. Nut jobs are going to go after us with whatever they can grab (knives, machetes, hammers, screwdrivers, chainsaws, axes, et cetera).

And has proven to be really good at killing lots of people really fast.

So can a 9MM....what's your plan for that one?
Limit magazine capacity.

Useless move. Anyone with a little practice can swap magazines in less than 5 seconds
And now we have fixed mag speed loaders. Reload faster than swap mags

Not to mention that the higher the capacity of the magazine the higher the chance for a jam or misfire.
and those are the "fact" many leave out in a rush to ensure the AR15 is sufficiently demonized.

i had a 150 round one that literally looked like a "nutsack" on the AR and first, lifting it fully loaded was a chore for anyone short of rambo. trying to fire with it on? we gave up quickly.

So can a 9MM....what's your plan for that one?
Limit magazine capacity.

Useless move. Anyone with a little practice can swap magazines in less than 5 seconds

Not to mention that the higher the capacity of the magazine the higher the chance for a jam or misfire.
AR's jam like jam does.

To clear an AR jam you need a hammer and a flat head screwdriver. This could get you killed in a firefight.

i fully admit to being a lazy gun owner in this regard. the AR is a good gun but i just don't want to spend the time to break 'em down and clean 'em after every use. they can also be pretty finicky so the $500 WALMART version just isn't that good a rifle overall. the parkland shooter gave up on his cause it jammed on him.

in any event, i sold my AR15 and got an AK47. :)

i wish people would take emotion out of this and look at the big picture overall. we don't have a gun problem, we have a culture problem.

Last edited:
Limit magazine capacity.

AR's jam like jam does.

i fully admit to being a lazy gun owner in this regard. the AR is a good gun but i just don't want to spend the time to break 'em down and clean 'em after every use. they can also be pretty finicky so the $500 WALMART version just isn't that good a rifle overall. the parkland shooter gave up on his cause it jammed on him.

i wish people would take emotion out of this and look at the big picture overall. we don't have a gun problem, we have a culture problem.

You’re 1/2 right . We have a gun culture problem.

AR's jam like jam does.

so you refuse to see the problem, just what you're mad at.

people didn't start devaluing life simply cause the AR15 came along. stop pushing your agenda and if you really want to help fix this see more than your anger.

AR's jam like jam does.

people didn't start devaluing life simply cause the AR15 came along. stop pushing your agenda and if you really want to help fix this see more than your anger.

Do you like Nth Korea having nukes ? No . Cause you don’t trust them wh such power .

AR 15s are kinda like that .

AR's jam like jam does.

Do you like Nth Korea having nukes ? No . Cause you don’t trust them wh such power .

ar15's are nothing like that. i don't trust you with my civil rights. you'd do stupid monolithic thinking such as this from a "i'm superior" attitudes that only piss people off.

AR 15s are kinda like that
Good thing my rights don't depend on your trust. I don't trust you communist fuckers anywhere near government, but there you are. Not much I can do about it without starting a war, which is looking more and more like the only option.

So be it. Freedom or Valhalla.

Let me detract from the thread a little, in the armed services you are trained to suppress, protect your team, kill or be killed. In society your concern is protection with deadly force. In the case of the unstable mentally troubled shooter the objective is to inflict mass pain, suffering, loss of life, with the sole intent of easing one's internal pain. How will limiting the magazine capacity, type of firearm, or round, serve to deter such a person? Limitations such as these will not address the primary issue. As populations increase the number of troubled individuals will increase proportionally and without a strong social moral foundation society will bare the consequences. So how do you insure those unstable individuals are treated and the reality of occurrence are reduced? Again all prohibitive and limiting laws do is strip the rights and assumed responsibilities of sound minded law abiding citizens not address the issue. So the enlightened ones once again employ knee jerk reactive versus proactive reasoning in addressing the issue and when that fails resort to plan B, another convenient excuse. Good luck with that.

Gun culture? How does a weak and pathetic judicial problem taste? Face it in the day you committed a crime with a gun you received a maximum sentence, no probation, killed a person, death or life, no exception, no probation. Where are the consequences, good attorney, member of a minority, a few protests, out in a fraction of the time? Now we have this erroneous notion perpetrated by a segment of the population that believes rehabilitation is the key, give the poor sole a second chance. Right, what about the victim? Do they get a second chance? Why waste the time conducting probation hearings for those found guilty of committing a violent crime? Where is the message in that? We will put down a dog for biting a person and release a thug guilty of child molestation, assault, or murder.

AR's jam like jam does.

Wait, you're equating nukes with long arms?

Forum List

Back