Weapons of war in civilian hands

The AR-15 has however become the most popular firearm in the USA.

Go to any gun range and you will see that half of the patrons there have AR-15's.

My thinking is that everybody wants to be G.I. Joe.

My view is that the Ruger Mini 14 and any variation of the AK are all superior to Stoners AR's.

AR's are a piece of crap.
The Boogiegun. That's what we call it. Like boogieman, but gun. Get it.
Ha ha ha..

:bang3:

Yeah that fucking liberal puke Nixon imposed the 55 mph speed limit. Liberal Bastard. Speedometers that only went to 85. "No officer I wasn't doing 110, it was only 85!"
I thought it was Reagan. He was wrong a lot. I'm sure Nixon was wrong at times. Other than Watergate and his mistake of appointing that "it's alive" constitutional rapist, Warren Burger, I never hear about any other Nixon mistakes.

you referring to regulating yourself?

i'm for it. where do i sign?

and you never answered - do you include parkland in your high capacity mag issue?
Semi auto rifles obviously.
now you're just making shit up as you go.

a ruger 10/22 is a semi-automatic rifle. care to be more specific?

I would ban high capacity magazines.
again - you jump around.

a high capacity mag was NOT used in parkland and you were acting as if it did. ie - lying - to try and keep doing the emotional plea so you can stomp your little return key and go I'M RIGHT!!!

They sure were in Vegas and Orlando. Link to what was used in Parkland?
do your own homework. the way you jump around i'm not about to follow.

Semi auto rifles obviously.

again - you jump around.

a high capacity mag was NOT used in parkland and you were acting as if it did. ie - lying - to try and keep doing the emotional plea so you can stomp your little return key and go I'M RIGHT!!!

You made the claim, seems you can’t back it up.

The various State Militia's were under the command of and could be called to duty by the President.

Actually, state militias are never under the command of the President, unless specifically called up by the federal government.

It is only recently that the courts held that an individual has the right to own a gun for protection. That could be taken away by another court decision in the future. Which is why I'd liken to see a new amendment to clearly define those rights.

This is ignorant. Just because something is said for the first time does not mean that only became true at that time. The right to bear arms has always included any lawful purpose for bearing arms. The right to self defense has always been a lawful purpose for bearing arms. This predates our constitution as part of the English common law.

United States vs. Cruikshank (1875)
The United States v. Cruikshank was the Second Amendment's first real test under the incorporation doctrine. For gun owners, Cruikshank marked the start of more than a century of unchecked regulation by the states.

The case arose during a disputed gubernatorial election between Reconstruction Republicans and Democrats in Louisiana. Both the Democratic and Republican candidates for governor claimed victory. President Ulysses S. Grant sent in federal troops to support the Republican government, but Democrats refused to acknowledge their loss.

The state's nearly all-black militia gathered at the Colfax County courthouse to prevent the Democratic candidates from assuming local offices. Members of the White League, an armed paramilitary group of white Democrats, attacked and killed more than a hundred militiamen, an event which became known as the Colfax County Massacre.

The Court held in United States v. Cruikshank that the individual had no inherent Second Amendment rights. For more than a hundred years, this interpretation of the Second Amendment would go largely unchallenged. An individual's right to bear arms would be left up to the states, to allow or restrict as they deemed fit.

The Supreme Court's Impact on the Second Amendment
This is bad law, long since overturned by Scalia's write-up of Heller v. DC.

Your knowledge is bad.

You did not read on nor read carefully. You quoted superseded law, such as Dred Scott.

The precedent set in 1875 and stood for over a hundred years. It was overturned 2008. This is indisputable fact. The new precedent has only been in effect for 10 years. Hardly a long time.

again - you jump around.

ouch. you got me!!!

you got google, son. google it.

again - you jump around.

ouch. you got me!!!

I’ll consider your claim false till you back it up.

Define that please. What makes something a "weapon of war"? What makes a gun a "military grade" weapon?
The type that can quickly kill 50 people in a night club. Semi auto rifles with high capacity magazines have shown they kill many really quickly.

So, in your mind, it's the combination of the rifle with a high capacity magazine. Okay. So then I am sure you will agree that it would be adequate to prohibit high capacity magazines, yes?

Define that please. What makes something a "weapon of war"? What makes a gun a "military grade" weapon?
The type that can quickly kill 50 people in a night club. Semi auto rifles with high capacity magazines have shown they kill many really quickly.

So, in your mind, it's the combination of the rifle with a high capacity magazine. Okay. So then I am sure you will agree that it would be adequate to prohibit high capacity magazines, yes?
I think it’s the best option.

Note: Dred Scott was GOOD law until the Constitution was amended after the U.S. Civil War.

Cruikshank is superseded by Heller. BlindBoo you must already know this.

And yes, Scalia skates carefully over States' Rights to regulate public carry whether open or concealed. But he affirms that everyone has a right to own a handgun within their homes.

Yeah I think I've heard of them. One was never a good law. One said that slaves were nothing more that owned farm animals, and the other affirmed certain rights, like the First Amendment and the Second Amendment did not apply to the States......One helped start a war and lasted less than two decades and the other lasted for over a century.

again - you jump around.

ouch. you got me!!!

you'd consider it false even if i did so what's the point?

you're the one going apeshit batty over there making stupid claim after stupid claim.

Okay, great. Thank you for agreeing that AR-15s should not be banned, we'll simply dispense with 100 round magazines.

ouch. you got me!!!

you'd consider it false even if i did so what's the point?

you're the one going apeshit batty over there making stupid claim after stupid claim.
It is clear you can’t.

Okay, great. Thank you for agreeing that AR-15s should not be banned, we'll simply dispense with 100 round magazines.
Anything over 10 seems like a good start.

Yeah that fucking liberal puke Nixon imposed the 55 mph speed limit. Liberal Bastard. Speedometers that only went to 85. "No officer I wasn't doing 110, it was only 85!"
I thought it was Reagan. He was wrong a lot. I'm sure Nixon was wrong at times. Other than Watergate and his mistake of appointing that "it's alive" constitutional rapist, Warren Burger, I never hear about any other Nixon mistakes.

Haha. I even remember the average gas price being about 30 cents a gallon too. I think it started ending under Raygun and finally killed for good by Clintoon.

Welcome Abroad! (Not a typo)

19448.jpg

You said high capacity. Thirty rounds is standard for an AR-15.

You said high capacity. Thirty rounds is standard for an AR-15.
And that’s a problem. Mass killing weapon, see Orlando shooting. The gun manufacturers should be sued.

Forum List

Back