Welcome to tyranny.

And you are exactly what the framers of the Constitution warned us about.
You shouldn't speak on subjects you know nothing about.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

The Bill of Rights is not the legal code which determines this matter. Is it?
This might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted...and that's sayin' somethin'.

The Bill Of Rights takes precedence over the legal code.
You should read that to yourself, pause, and then apologize to the board for abject idiocy.
Is this stupid post day for liberals?

If a law violates the Constitution...of which the Bill of Rights is a part...that law is Unconstitutional and void. Is this not a fact?

Chie

I'm still waiting for someone to show us where judicial review exists in Article III.
You probably already know that it was actually determined by the Supreme Court in 1803, Marbury v. Madison. If no one had the power to strike down unconstitutional laws and executive orders, the Constitution wouldn't mean squat, would it?

I can see a reasonable "stay home" period, especially in cities where subway rides can mean an explosion in cases.
However, as long as masks are worn, and hand sanitizer used, that should safely allow people to work.
Governors need to know that most people live week to week and no work means no money.
What hand sanitizer?

Try Everclear 151, 190 or Rubbing alcohol add some fragrance and it is a great and effective hand sanitizer, it drys your hands out but it works well. Might need hand cream to help the skin out a bit.
What is Everclear?

I can see a reasonable "stay home" period, especially in cities where subway rides can mean an explosion in cases.
However, as long as masks are worn, and hand sanitizer used, that should safely allow people to work.
Governors need to know that most people live week to week and no work means no money.
What hand sanitizer?

Try Everclear 151, 190 or Rubbing alcohol add some fragrance and it is a great and effective hand sanitizer, it drys your hands out but it works well. Might need hand cream to help the skin out a bit.
What is Everclear?
A friend of mine makes her own hand sanitizer out of aloe vera gel, hand cream and Everclear. It's moonshine. Everclear is just the commercial name. If you ever run out of rubbing alcohol use Everclear.

What hand sanitizer?

What is Everclear?
Everclear 190 proof grain alcohol is the staple ingredient in any Jungle Juice recipe.

You are ignoring the fact that millions and millions are collecting unemployment, that small businesses have been given money they won't have to pay back as long as they use the money to continue to pay their workers, that stimulus checks have already been delivered all over the country and that major banks have agreed not to foreclose on unpaid mortgages. The people are hurting, sure. Unemployment is not as much as a paycheck and the small businesses paying their staff have cut the hours they are covering.

Yes, for the economy's sake, we need to get things going. But it is not because everyone is penniless and starving.

Have you seen the food lines? Its like the Great Depression "soup lines" but in cars.
An unemployment check doesn't buy much.
We need to start working as soon as possible.

Actually unemployment is paying pretty well, so well I'm afraid a lot of people are not going to want to return to work.

If you made an average wage in my state, you'll get in the area of 400 bucks a week. The feds are contributing another 600 bucks a week on top of that. When you consider taxation you're not going to pay (SS,FICA, Medicare) that's about what somebody makes working for 60K a year.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

This might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted...and that's sayin' somethin'.

Yeah? All laws which you must adhere to are in the BOR?

Wanna go with that stupid comment?

You are ignoring the fact that millions and millions are collecting unemployment, that small businesses have been given money they won't have to pay back as long as they use the money to continue to pay their workers, that stimulus checks have already been delivered all over the country and that major banks have agreed not to foreclose on unpaid mortgages. The people are hurting, sure. Unemployment is not as much as a paycheck and the small businesses paying their staff have cut the hours they are covering.

Yes, for the economy's sake, we need to get things going. But it is not because everyone is penniless and starving.

Have you seen the food lines? Its like the Great Depression "soup lines" but in cars.
An unemployment check doesn't buy much.
We need to start working as soon as possible.

Actually unemployment is paying pretty well, so well I'm afraid a lot of people are not going to want to return to work.

If you made an average wage in my state, you'll get in the area of 400 bucks a week. The feds are contributing another 600 bucks a week on top of that. When you consider taxation you're not going to pay (SS,FICA, Medicare) that's about what somebody makes working for 60K a year.

You are a mooch. Most people aren’t. They will return to work.

My liberty does NOT end where your fear begins.
Clever memes regurgitated by nitwits in no way changes the constitutional authority of governments to regulate behavior during national emergencies.

But don't let that stop you from stamping your feet and waving your banners. We all can use a little amusement right about now.

That's why we still have, and always will keep, guns.

Trump breaks with his own guidelines to back conservative anti-quarantine protesters

www.politico.com

Trump breaks with his own guidelines to back conservative anti-quarantine protesters
The president’s social media posts come amid growing frustration among some conservative groups over state mitigation measures.
www.politico.com
www.politico.com

If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. But you can't tell me what to do.

Life is a risk. Freedom means you get to choose.
Your RWNJ "media" sources are gonna kill you or your loved ones.

Why would you listen to someone who would tell you to take a risk like that?

Everclear 190 proof grain alcohol is the staple ingredient in any Jungle Juice recipe.
Oh THAT!
On summer Saturday nights, a neighbor of mine used to fill her punch bowl with all the leftover juice, Koolaid and pop in the fridge, then add "moonshine" from down south as she called it. Pretty good. We drank it, anyway.

You're wrong. Just as society has the right to impose restrictions on behavior that imperils the public's health..............like smoking in public places or driving 100 mph................we have the right to impose rules for behavior during a pandemic.

People like you need to be fined and or thrown in jail. You're a menace to society.
Driving a car on State-Owned roads is not a right. Terrible analogy.

You do NOT have the right to "impose rules for behavior" that directly infringe on individual liberty just because you're scared, jackass.

You might want to read
You're wrong. Just as society has the right to impose restrictions on behavior that imperils the public's health..............like smoking in public places or driving 100 mph................we have the right to impose rules for behavior during a pandemic.

People like you need to be fined and or thrown in jail. You're a menace to society.
Driving a car on State-Owned roads is not a right. Terrible analogy.

You do NOT have the right to "impose rules for behavior" that directly infringe on individual liberty just because you're scared, jackass.

You might want to read
Let me introduce you to my friends, Smith...

& Wesson.

You are right to a certain extent. People are not at this minute starving but if we continue with the lockdown that will change in very short order. Banks can not continue to forgive, rental owners can not continue to forgive, the government can not continue to place Trillions on its credit card. There has to be a point when no matter what we have to open.
People take a chance just from living, heart attack etc. you take a chance from getting in a car, from getting in a plane. People need to decide for themselves when the risk of loosing everything they have is worth the risk of going back to work.
Some even see the suspension of the bill of rights and the constitution as grounds for ending the lockdown.

People are in different positions in life. Yes, you take a chance by getting in a car, but if you drive a car totally drunk, your chances of getting in an accident rise considerably.

As for myself, while I understand the economic ramifications, I don't think the last couple of weeks will kill us. What will kill me is getting this virus, so my interest is seeing it wiped out ASAP. With my medical conditions, I'm that guy who's totally drunk getting behind the wheel of a car.

Yeah? All laws which you must adhere to are in the BOR?

Wanna go with that stupid comment?
They cannot violate the Constitution. A stay at home order violates the Constitution.

We obey the recommendation by choice. The government may not enact laws that violate the Bill of Rights.

I may give you shit sometimes because you are snarky and smartassed...but I really don't think you are stupid...just misguided. But THIS is fundamental. What we allow of our government cannot be dictated by fear. We CHOSE to obey...the government cannot order us into lockdown.

And what you're ultimately ignoring is the impossibility of sustaining,for very long, an economy in which too many people are not working,and too few are. Only those who are working are creating any wealth, and in the current situation, those who are producing the wealth cannot possibly produce enough to support themselves as well as all those who are not producing. Government cannot mitigate this by any pattern of taking wealth from those producing it,and giving it to those who are not.

The only economy that is sustainable is one in which nearly everyone is doing his fair share of the work, and producing his fair share of the wealth.

Forum List

Back