Welcome to tyranny.

If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. But you can't tell me what to do.

Life is a risk. Freedom means you get to choose.
Your RWNJ "media" sources are gonna kill you or your loved ones.

Why would you listen to someone who would tell you to take a risk like that?

Again, winning platform for you all in November. I recommend this so highly.

FEAR! QUARANTINE! ENDLESS VIRUS!

I can see a reasonable "stay home" period, especially in cities where subway rides can mean an explosion in cases.
However, as long as masks are worn, and hand sanitizer used, that should safely allow people to work.
Governors need to know that most people live week to week and no work means no money.
You are ignoring the fact that millions and millions are collecting unemployment, that small businesses have been given money they won't have to pay back as long as they use the money to continue to pay their workers, that stimulus checks have already been delivered all over the country and that major banks have agreed not to foreclose on unpaid mortgages. The people are hurting, sure. Unemployment is not as much as a paycheck and the small businesses paying their staff have cut the hours they are covering.

Yes, for the economy's sake, we need to get things going. But it is not because everyone is penniless and starving.
You are right to a certain extent. People are not at this minute starving but if we continue with the lockdown that will change in very short order. Banks can not continue to forgive, rental owners can not continue to forgive, the government can not continue to place Trillions on its credit card. There has to be a point when no matter what we have to open.
People take a chance just from living, heart attack etc. you take a chance from getting in a car, from getting in a plane. People need to decide for themselves when the risk of loosing everything they have is worth the risk of going back to work.
Some even see the suspension of the bill of rights and the constitution as grounds for ending the lockdown.

People are in different positions in life. Yes, you take a chance by getting in a car, but if you drive a car totally drunk, your chances of getting in an accident rise considerably.

As for myself, while I understand the economic ramifications, I don't think the last couple of weeks will kill us. What will kill me is getting this virus, so my interest is seeing it wiped out ASAP. With my medical conditions, I'm that guy who's totally drunk getting behind the wheel of a car.
You do realize that even before this dempanic nonsense life was a crapshoot. At any given moment dozens of diseases are swirling around you. There are several different strains of influenza, TB, even diseases thought eradicated still have vestiges. If you were to look at your skin under a microscope you would see an overcrowded war zone.

The greatest danger doesn't come from this virus. The greatest danger comes from sanitizing yourself so much that the eternal war for your health and well being gets out of balance.

This virus is not much different than the flu. The major difference however is how fast it can spread.

I understand both sides of the argument. But I don't go outside unless I have to for food, beverage or medication. It's not fun as we all currently know. I don't know anybody here personally, but I'm willing to bet most of the "open up the economy" people are at low risk for death. You catch it, no big deal. You stay home for a few weeks and carry on with life.

Okay, so we do just that, we open up the economy. What's likely to happen? That flattened curve will no longer be flat, It will resume going upwards. But hey, at least people are back at work or continuing their life, right?

That's true, but it makes people like me have to live this isolated lifestyle for months and perhaps well over another year. Is that okay with you?
So lets turn that around just a little. Is it alright to take other people's house and car and savings away just so you aren't inconvenienced?
Is it ok to increase our national debt just so you aren't inconvenienced?

You do realize that you are bringing my point home in a way I never could?

The refusal by some to understand how viruses like this spread is hard for thinking people to understand.
Willful ignorance in rampant among Trump cultists. It explains his election.
And you are exactly what the framers of the Constitution warned us about.
You shouldn't speak on subjects you know nothing about.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

The Bill of Rights is not the legal code which determines this matter. Is it?

It’s always fascinating to take a peek into your twisted minds.
“Please Father Government, please deprive me of rights...PLEASE!”
Except that nobody said that.

Your "leaders" are willing to sacrifice you on the alter of their re-election campaign. They will do or say anything to that end, and your lives along with your families lives and anyone else who gets in their way are forfeit.

And you're all apparently to dumb to see it.

All this hyperbole over THIS virus. This one.

These posts are not going to age well, horseman

The refusal by some to understand how viruses like this spread is hard for thinking people to understand.

Obviously you either never read or don't understand the Bill Of Rights. No where in there does it say that .gov can shut down your business, close the churches, and force you to stay home.

Your "leaders" are willing to sacrifice you on the alter of their re-election campaign. They will do or say anything to that end, and your lives along with your families lives and anyone else who gets in their way are forfeit.

What does a re-election campaign have to do with ignorant fools embracing / allowing / encouraging a loss of rights?
And that is why they continue to use you, to the point of endangering yours and your loved ones lives.
So I take it you have now embraced the deficit whole heartily.
You are now saying the opposite of what you were yelling was one of your many criticisms of Trump.
Lol, the republicans have brainwashed you to believe their government is more important than your life.

I don't know why I'm laughing, it's really not funny.
And you have not only been brainwashed to believe that the democrats care about you but that you can blame republicans for everything that they do. I would say that is sad but it is more tragic then sad.
So answer the question little one. Are you now embarrassing a higher deficit and now willing to give Trump a pass on his deficit?

I can see a reasonable "stay home" period, especially in cities where subway rides can mean an explosion in cases.
However, as long as masks are worn, and hand sanitizer used, that should safely allow people to work.
Governors need to know that most people live week to week and no work means no money.
You are ignoring the fact that millions and millions are collecting unemployment, that small businesses have been given money they won't have to pay back as long as they use the money to continue to pay their workers, that stimulus checks have already been delivered all over the country and that major banks have agreed not to foreclose on unpaid mortgages. The people are hurting, sure. Unemployment is not as much as a paycheck and the small businesses paying their staff have cut the hours they are covering.

Yes, for the economy's sake, we need to get things going. But it is not because everyone is penniless and starving.
You are right to a certain extent. People are not at this minute starving but if we continue with the lockdown that will change in very short order. Banks can not continue to forgive, rental owners can not continue to forgive, the government can not continue to place Trillions on its credit card. There has to be a point when no matter what we have to open.
People take a chance just from living, heart attack etc. you take a chance from getting in a car, from getting in a plane. People need to decide for themselves when the risk of loosing everything they have is worth the risk of going back to work.
Some even see the suspension of the bill of rights and the constitution as grounds for ending the lockdown.

People are in different positions in life. Yes, you take a chance by getting in a car, but if you drive a car totally drunk, your chances of getting in an accident rise considerably.

As for myself, while I understand the economic ramifications, I don't think the last couple of weeks will kill us. What will kill me is getting this virus, so my interest is seeing it wiped out ASAP. With my medical conditions, I'm that guy who's totally drunk getting behind the wheel of a car.
You do realize that even before this dempanic nonsense life was a crapshoot. At any given moment dozens of diseases are swirling around you. There are several different strains of influenza, TB, even diseases thought eradicated still have vestiges. If you were to look at your skin under a microscope you would see an overcrowded war zone.

The greatest danger doesn't come from this virus. The greatest danger comes from sanitizing yourself so much that the eternal war for your health and well being gets out of balance.

This virus is not much different than the flu. The major difference however is how fast it can spread.

I understand both sides of the argument. But I don't go outside unless I have to for food, beverage or medication. It's not fun as we all currently know. I don't know anybody here personally, but I'm willing to bet most of the "open up the economy" people are at low risk for death. You catch it, no big deal. You stay home for a few weeks and carry on with life.

Okay, so we do just that, we open up the economy. What's likely to happen? That flattened curve will no longer be flat, It will resume going upwards. But hey, at least people are back at work or continuing their life, right?

That's true, but it makes people like me have to live this isolated lifestyle for months and perhaps well over another year. Is that okay with you?
So lets turn that around just a little. Is it alright to take other people's house and car and savings away just so you aren't inconvenienced?

I think there can be a happy middle ground to this. I say keep it this way until there are easily enough N-95 masks for everybody. If the mask you wear isn't an N-95, it isn't providing adequate protection. It's only helping stop the spread of the virus if you have it.

Keep going, you're doing great.

Naw, what's not going to age well are all Trump's quotes downplaying the virus.

1587222546891.png

Who is turning out to be more correct about this virus? Was the modeling correct, or are we finding out, like in CA, that a lot more people than we thought actually have been exposed and this is driving down the mortality rate?

oh. Right. That's your party, that's you, panicking and telling the rest of us we are terrible people for being RIGHTLY skeptical about Governmental Fiat.

Go with that straight through to November. Do it.

You're wrong. Just as society has the right to impose restrictions on behavior that imperils the public's health..............like smoking in public places or driving 100 mph................we have the right to impose rules for behavior during a pandemic.

People like you need to be fined and or thrown in jail. You're a menace to society.
Red army?

What does a re-election campaign have to do with ignorant fools embracing / allowing / encouraging a loss of rights?
And that is why they continue to use you, to the point of endangering yours and your loved ones lives.
You are now saying the opposite of what you were yelling was one of your many criticisms of Trump.
Lol, the republicans have brainwashed you to believe their government is more important than your life.

And you have not only been brainwashed to believe that the democrats care about you but that you can blame republicans for everything that they do. I would say that is sad but it is more tragic then sad.
So answer the question little one. Are you now embarrassing a higher deficit and now willing to give Trump a pass on his deficit?
I'm afraid you're confused. Your post is half garbled nonsense and half republican regurgitation.

Take a deep breath and try again

Who is turning out to be more correct about this virus? Was the modeling correct, or are we finding out, like in CA, that a lot more people than we thought actually have been exposed and this is driving down the mortality rate?

oh. Right. That's your party, that's you, panicking and telling the rest of us we are terrible people for being RIGHTLY skeptical about Governmental Fiat.

I appreciate your assistance.

I think there can be a happy middle ground to this. I say keep it this way until there are easily enough N-95 masks for everybody. If the mask you wear isn't an N-95, it isn't providing adequate protection. It's only helping stop the spread of the virus if you have it.
Once again do you consider your needs above many others?

--In which Horseman now gaslights us all as if everything is not political to his people

Sure, honey. You know you're really on target when they start gaslighting

Come gather 'round people, wherever you roam
And admit that the gub’mit around you have grown
And accept it that soon or be picked to the bone
If your country to you is worth saving
Then you better start thinkin' or you’ll just be their clone
For the times they are a-changin'

Come writers and critics, who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide, its’ all the same sh*t again
And don’t speak too soon
For the media’s skewed spin
And there’s no tellin' who that it’s blamin'
For the loser is us if you let them win
For the times they are a changin’

You Senators Congressmen don’t heed our call
You give the crumbs while your lobbyists take all
While the middle class battle is ragin'
Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
Don’t stand on old times as if
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get outta' the new one if you can’t lend your hand

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast
The slow one now will later be fast
As the present now will later be past
The order is rapidly fading

And the first one now will later be last

~S~ w/apologies to Mr Dylan

I'm sure Mr. Robert Allen Zimmerman (German: "Zimmermann" = English: "carpenter") will not accept this text.

I appreciate your assistance.

None of the tactics work on me. You know I'm right, you're AFRAID I'm right, and you know your people are too stupid to turn around once the course is set.

Sucks to be you, Horseman.

--In which Horseman now gaslights us all as if everything is not political to his people

Sure, honey. You know you're really on target when they start gaslighting
Thank you for all your help.

I'm afraid you're confused. Your post is half garbled nonsense and half republican regurgitation.

Take a deep breath and try again
So you just can't bring yourself to take a stance on the deficit. Manly because you either way it would show you for the idiot you are.

Forum List

Back