Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Hey Nox, I have a great recipe for pulled pork, another for carnitas..

Good stuff!

carnitas-cast-iron-skillet.jpg

It has never occurred to me to cube boston butt prior to cooking! Good call!

Good stuff!

Whats that pulled pork recipe my good sir?

The picture is of Carnitas - cooked in lard.. Heart attack waiting, but insanely delicious.

My favorite pulled pork starts with a shoulder roast, dry rubbed with ground Picayune and Chipotle, cumin, basal. Wrap it in tin foil with onions and limes, and throw it in the smoker at 200 for 8 hours. Drop the smoker to 170, take the roast out of the tin foil, and let it simmer overnight.

Pull it out the next morning, let it rest for a couple of hours, then shred it with a fork. It comes out awesome.

Good stuff!

The picture is of Carnitas - cooked in lard.. Heart attack waiting, but insanely delicious.

My favorite pulled pork starts with a shoulder roast, dry rubbed with ground Picayune and Chipotle, cumin, basal. Wrap it in tin foil with onions and limes, and throw it in the smoker at 200 for 8 hours. Drop the smoker to 170, take the roast out of the tin foil, and let it simmer overnight.

Pull it out the next morning, let it rest for a couple of hours, then shred it with a fork. It comes out awesome.

I want the carnitas recipe....I cook everything I love in lard.

And I use it in pie crust too.

Cooking bacon in lard actually makes it less fatty! But who cares, it's yummy!

I had this Italian-seasoned chicken sausage in my freezer. No idea how it got there, but I know my family found it too bland the one time I made it, so it's been just taking up space. Tonight, I cut it in chunks, browned it with some bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and made it into a cacciatore sauce to serve over pasta.

I ended up having a big mac instead of a corndog.

I'm a bad person!!!!!! Stupid processed food! It's too freaking easy and cooking is too hard and I'm too tired.

I ended up having a big mac instead of a corndog.

I'm a bad person!!!!!! Stupid processed food! It's too freaking easy and cooking is too hard and I'm too tired.

One of the reasons I like to cook things that make lots of leftovers: the days when I'm too tired to do anything but microwave.

I need to bake a HUGE batch of my sinfully-addictive Snickerdoodles in the next day or two. My soon-to-be-ex's next-door neighbor (the retired mechanic) was kind enough to take a look at my car today and determine that my power steering was acting up because of a loose hose connection. He tightened it on the spot, and I'm still driving to and from work. Definitely a cookie-reward moment. And Thing #1 and Thing #2 have both been pestering me for cookies, as has one of my co-workers who recently found out she's pregnant.

Good stuff!

I love pulled pork, I don't have a smoker though just a crockpot.

I love pulled pork, I don't have a smoker though just a crockpot.

Our Most Popular Slow Cooker Recipes - Slow Cooker - Recipe.com

Forum List

Back