Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Bought a new Calphalone waffle iron,so of course it was breakfast for dinner.
Naturally I had to make homemade batter. After searching high and low for a compelling recipe I stumbled upon this one....Extra Crispy Waffles Recipe | 5 Secrets for Crispy Waffles

Fantastic waffle!!! They came out of the iron crispy but I threw them into the oven at 350 rather then the 200 recommended for about five minutes and they came out nice and crunchy on the outside.

I highly recommend the Calphalone waffle iron and the recipe.

Was fasting for Lent today. My sole meal of the day consisted of fish sticks with a slice of bread. Water to drink.

Ouch! But you do what you have to do...:eusa_pray:

Respect.
I really don't mind. I've fasted on Fridays for Lent my entire adult life. This year I also gave up beer, not just Fridays, but everyday throughout the Lent period.

As for the fasting, I only have two Fridays left. The last Friday of Lent will be this Friday, but I also fast on Good Friday, especially on Good Friday.

Was fasting for Lent today. My sole meal of the day consisted of fish sticks with a slice of bread. Water to drink.

Ouch! But you do what you have to do...:eusa_pray:

Respect.
I really don't mind. I've fasted on Fridays for Lent my entire adult life. This year I also gave up beer, not just Fridays, but everyday throughout the Lent period.

As for the fasting, I only have two Fridays left. The last Friday of Lent will be this Friday, but I also fast on Good Friday, especially on Good Friday.

When I ponder my lack of religious convictions....? The idea of fasting makes it it easier to put off till later. Yeah I can be weak that way.
But putting off good food for religious purposes is tough!!!

Bought a new Calphalone waffle iron,so of course it was breakfast for dinner.
Naturally I had to make homemade batter. After searching high and low for a compelling recipe I stumbled upon this one....Extra Crispy Waffles Recipe | 5 Secrets for Crispy Waffles

Fantastic waffle!!! They came out of the iron crispy but I threw them into the oven at 350 rather then the 200 recommended for about five minutes and they came out nice and crunchy on the outside.

I highly recommend the Calphalone waffle iron and the recipe.

Oh yeah...one of the main reasons I bought a new waffle iron was to try out a recipe I saw on a fire department cook show where the guy used sweet cornbread batter in the waffle iron....think of the possibilities.

Yeah, Filipino noodles are good. I like pancit with pork, shrimp and mixed vegetables. We don't live in LA, so we don't have too many Filipino restaurants where we live. There is a good one though that we go to sometimes, and usually on weekends they have lechon (roast pork). There's no sauce on it, but it's my favorite Filipino dish, especially the skin, as it's very crispy. Steamed rice is included with every dish. Some of the meaty dishes with pork or beef and sometimes even mixed with liver, have rich sauces that add good flavor to the rice.

Yeah, Filipino noodles are good. I like pancit with pork, shrimp and mixed vegetables. We don't live in LA, so we don't have too many Filipino restaurants where we live. There is a good one though that we go to sometimes, and usually on weekends they have lechon (roast pork). There's no sauce on it, but it's my favorite Filipino dish, especially the skin, as it's very crispy. Steamed rice is included with every dish. Some of the meaty dishes with pork or beef and sometimes even mixed with liver, have rich sauces that add good flavor to the rice.

Yup Phillipino food is good and very under rated, they have one Phillipino place here in Richmond but I usually make the pancit myself, I get the noodles from the Asian store and boil a whole chicken with ginger and peel it and add it with the noodles and veggies.

This is what I am talking about [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION]

DSC02407.JPG

Forum List

Back