Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

HereWeGoAgain......use avocado in the sandwich.... omigod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I adore that combination!!!!!!

Damn you!!
That actually sounds really good and I've had a few to many to drive to the store at this point!
I'll be making the trip to Sprouts first thing in the morning for the leftovers.

Do it ....don't forget! It's worthwhile! :2up:

.......Oh yes it was worth it!! Found some small hass avocados that were perfectly ripe!!

Did you love it???? tell me!~! :biggrin:

Very nice compliment to the smoked turkey!!
Actually I'm glad I waited for the cold turkey sammiches to apply the avocados. I think it goes better.

Lovely! glad you liked it! :D

HereWeGoAgain......use avocado in the sandwich.... omigod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I adore that combination!!!!!!

Damn you!!
That actually sounds really good and I've had a few to many to drive to the store at this point!
I'll be making the trip to Sprouts first thing in the morning for the leftovers.

I hear the avocado harvests were crap this year, and the prices are up. Nevertheless, I will be making guacamole for the potluck at work on Friday.

The large hass were still a little green but the small ones were perfectly ripe.

I was at work, so I had a pizza delivered, steak, mushroom and peppers, deep dish, and it was really awesome. I'll be eating some of that for lunch tomorrow too.
What is your favorite pizza delivery place?

Well, the one I usually order from is just a little local place and not a chain. I do like Papa Johns as far as chains go though. Piezoni's isn't so bad either, but I think Piezoni's is a New England chain pizza place.

Tucson has a local chain called Magpie's, with a Chicken Primavera pizza that's to die for. One of the few things I'm going to miss about that place when this move is complete.
I know Pat Giammarco the owner of the Marco's Pizza chain and performed a lot of the concrete work at Marco's headquarters here in Toledo and several of his stores throughout the country. Since we are friends I get a 50% discount. :smile:

But recently a small pizzeria called Mike's opened up a short way from where I live. I love the light buttery crunchy crust they make and have become a traitor. Sorry, Pat.

However these days I usually make my pizza at home from scratch.

Last night I had a mixed greens salad with balsamic vinegarette, pulled pork, baked potato and corn on the cob, with carrot cake for dessert. Everything was homemade, right down to the salad dressing.

Tonight I'm making beef stew, and I'll have mixed greens with honey mustard dressing (also homemade), and fresh strawberries for dessert.

The carrot cake was billed as "healthy cake" in the cookbook. It was made with whole wheat flour, and honey - no sugar. I have misgivings about "healthy" cakes or cookies and I had never made this recipe before, but this cake was so good that everyone at the dinner I made it for had two pieces. I will definitely make it again.

I was at work, so I had a pizza delivered, steak, mushroom and peppers, deep dish, and it was really awesome. I'll be eating some of that for lunch tomorrow too.
What is your favorite pizza delivery place?

Well, the one I usually order from is just a little local place and not a chain. I do like Papa Johns as far as chains go though. Piezoni's isn't so bad either, but I think Piezoni's is a New England chain pizza place.

Tucson has a local chain called Magpie's, with a Chicken Primavera pizza that's to die for. One of the few things I'm going to miss about that place when this move is complete.

Moving? I don't envy you. Lol. I hate moving.

I don't envy me either, but my mom is 80 and in bad health, and I really want to spend as much time with her as possible while it's still possible. Also, the job and housing opportunities are so much better, it's unbelievable.

So far, the only major downside has been leaving my husband and sons in Tucson until our lease there runs out, and until I was able to find a steady job and get settled up here. Fortunately, that part is almost over. I have settled into a wonderful job, and as soon as I get my first paycheck next week, I will put down the deposit on a beautiful apartment.

Meanwhile (back to the topic), we're having a Mexican potluck at work today, and I brought homemade guacamole and pico de gallo. Another lady brought posole, which is warming in the crock pot in the breakroom right now, and smells amazing.

Damn you!!

.......Oh yes it was worth it!! Found some small hass avocados that were perfectly ripe!!

You obviously weren't shopping where I was. The avocado selection around here is abysmal right now.

Damn you!!

You obviously weren't shopping where I was. The avocado selection around here is abysmal right now.

Finding ripe ones can be a challenge but we usually have no problem finding the ones that need to sit a few days.
Which of course sucks since half the time I dont know what I'm cooking days in advance.

Damn you!!

Finding ripe ones can be a challenge but we usually have no problem finding the ones that need to sit a few days.
Which of course sucks since half the time I dont know what I'm cooking days in advance.

I really think if I want avocados, I'm going to have to abandon the regular supermarkets and visit a Whole Foods or Sprouts, or possibly a farmers' market.

Damn you!!

I really think if I want avocados, I'm going to have to abandon the regular supermarkets and visit a Whole Foods or Sprouts, or possibly a farmers' market.

Sprouts usually has some nice veggies.

Thursday: Tilapia and shrimp Sautéed in a creamy Thai peanut sauce over Brown Rice, Sautéed baby spinach

Friday: Chicken Tetrazzini over Gluten Free brown rice noodles, and Broccoli

Saturday: Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with home made garden tomato gravy , Garden salad with home grown tomatoes and sweet peppers.

Copious amounts of wine and whole wheat rolls always

• Spicy American-style spaghetti with mushroom-flavored TVP sauce.
  • Haricot vert, St. Andre, and roasted red onion salad
  • Barolo
  • Homemade blueberry sorbet with a light Cointreau drizzle

Homemade sushi with lightly smoked rare filet, monterey jack cheese, green onion, sesame seed, seaweed wrap and teriyaki glaze.

I had some Asian beef stuff and curley fries for lunch at work. I'll be good till tomorrow. :)

Baked potato with sour cream, pulled pork and peas. Fresh greens with balsamic vinegarette and the last of the fresh strawberries with a light sprinkling of organic raw sugar

Since I'm in Tucson for the weekend to see my guys, I insisted on going to a place with really great liver and onions. My entire family hates the stuff; they don't even want to smell it cooking, so I can only get it in restaurants.

From scratch butter chicken. A whole lot of work and well worth the trouble. This is my first time cooking this dish and it won't be the last. The recipe was courtesy a former co-worker who kept promising me she would bring me some "if there was any left over". In 5 years she never brought me any butter chicken so I figured the recipe must be very good and it is.

Since I left Toronto, the one thing I've really missed is the ethnic cuisine. The only ethnic food available here in white peoples' country is Italian. There was a really crappy Chinese restaurant but it closed. You can't even buy ethnic spices at the grocery store.

Two weeks ago I made a trip to St. Lawrence Market in Toronto specifically to buy ingredients to make some of my favourite ethnic dishes. There is now Pastitsio (fancy Greek macaroni and cheese) in my freezer, along with lamb curry, and soon to be joined by the butter chicken.

Must find nan bread for next time!

Forum List

Back