🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Were I one of the Koch brothers.....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Here's something that we could all agree on (maybe)....

But were I one of the Koch brothers, billionaires beyond almost anyone's comprehension of their wealth, I would agree to pump the almost $1 BILLION into finding a cure for cancer....instead on buying themselves a president who was willing to to their bidding.

After all, these brothers are reaching their expiration date and one of them has fought cancer. Were I one of them, I'd rather my legacy be one of the philanthropist who helped to defeat the scourge of cancer, rather than to be known as one who could buy himself a stint in the oval office.

But were I one of the Koch brothers, billionaires beyond almost anyone's comprehension of their wealth, I would agree to pump the almost $1 BILLION into finding a cure for cancer....instead on buying themselves a president who was willing to to their bidding.

After all, these brothers are reaching their expiration date and one of them has fought cancer. Were I one of them, I'd rather my legacy be one of the philanthropist who helped to defeat the scourge of cancer, rather than to be known as one who could buy himself a stint in the oval office.

What if you were billionaire beyond comprehension George Soros, owner of the democratic party?

Change your shit filled drawers before bitching that someone else farted.

Yup and you would be as broke as you are today....

A fool and his money is soon parted...

Here is the interesting part that the right wing tea baggers,( yes you bedowhiner), they are all up in arms of the so-called liberal colleges. What will this tell us about who controls schools. Its a backdoor ( take it easy bedowhiner, not that back door), to control education and academic freedom.
Makes college education affordable and not left to the billionaires and how they influence studies.
Home Oct 2014

Home Oct 2014

Billionaire industrialists David and Charles Koch may rank among the nation’s biggest bankrollers of conservative causes and Republican campaign vehicles. But Koch proselytizing of government deregulation and pro-business civics is increasingly targeted not just at creatures of Capitol Hill, or couch sitters in swing states, but at the hearts and minds of American college students, as well.

In all, two of the six private charitable foundations the Koch brothers control and personally fund combined in 2012 to infuse colleges and universities with more than $12.7 million, according to a Center for Public Integrity analysis of Internal Revenue Service tax filings.

The vast majority of this cash was spread among 163 U.S. colleges and universities — many with reputations for liberal faculty and left-leaning patrons — throughout 41 states and the District of Columbia. It came on top of tens of millions of dollars more Koch foundations have given colleges and universities during the past decade, tax filings show.

The Koch foundations together have also spent millions more to fund dozens of academic scholarships and internships, numerous think tanks and education-focused organizations, such as the Philadelphia-based Jack Miller Center. The latter is a nonprofit that used $250,000 in Koch money to help bankroll academic programs that “reinvigorate the teaching of America’s founding principles and history” at 45 institutes of higher education, from Harvard University to American University to the University of California, Los Angeles.

In 2012, the Koch foundations sent six- or seven-figure donations to 12 colleges and universities, including big-name schools such as George Mason University in Virginia, Southern Methodist University in Texas, West Virginia University, Florida State University, Utah State University, Kansas State University and the University of Arizona.

apparently unlimited disposable income confuses you.

the Koch Bros. spend a lot of $$ as PBS sponsors so why not something like cancer research?

the Koch Bros. spend a lot of $$ as PBS sponsors so why not something like cancer research?

We are talking about the OP here who thinks it's wrong to put money in a campaign that votes your interest.

We are talking about the OP here who thinks it's wrong to put money in a campaign that votes your interest.

no he didn't ... he said rather than ... you're still a confused RW'r.

They Koch brothers are already big philanthropists. Here's a thought, you go make a billion $$ and then do whatever you want with it.

Uhm, ever heard of a Google search? Man you lefties are dumb.

David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research

The right wing working class once again rushing to the defense of the billionaire class. You guys would probably buy tickets to stand in line and polish the shoes of the coke brothers. The right wingers don't seem to mind that these two turds were convicted of stealing oil off of government property over a period of twenty years, and avoided jail by just paying a fine.

"What tends to go unmentioned: the owners of Koch Industries, one of the world's biggest conglomerates, have kicked in an estimated $1.5 billion or so to an array of causes and institutions most liberals love: public television, medical research, higher education, environmental stewardship, criminal justice reform and the arts. Stung by a 2010 New Yorker article that framed them as villains, the brothers are assertively putting out the good word about their good works.

Beyond the Boogeyman

The right wing working class once again rushing to the defense of the billionaire class. You guys would probably buy tickets to stand in line and polish the shoes of the coke brothers. The right wingers don't seem to mind that these two turds were convicted of stealing oil off of government property over a period of twenty years, and avoided jail by just paying a fine.
The Koch brothers have given billions to charities so the OP is once again pontificating about nothing.

They are harmless, they are too old and decrepit to be anyone's boogieman...

Grow up or just go hide

Moron......I KNOW that David has donated....He had prostate cancer.

My point was and is that his donations to cancer research PALE in comparison to the amount of money that he and his brother are donating for the futile effort to get a right winger in the oval office...I believe they've "pledged" almost $1 BILLION......

My point was and is that his donations to cancer research PALE in comparison to the amount of money that he and his brother are donating for the futile effort to get a right winger in the oval office...I believe they've "pledged" almost $1 BILLION......
Na, harmless they are...

"What tends to go unmentioned: the owners of Koch Industries, one of the world's biggest conglomerates, have kicked in an estimated $1.5 billion or so to an array of causes and institutions most liberals love: public television, medical research, higher education, environmental stewardship, criminal justice reform and the arts. Stung by a 2010 New Yorker article that framed them as villains, the brothers are assertively putting out the good word about their good works.

MOST (not all) of their charity donations are to perpetuate their conservative ideology ....All I was getting at is that their legacy would be FAR more worthwhile were they to pout their billions into something that is not political.

(and before you dingbats chime in that they have given to medical causes, I am reiterating that the amounts PALE in comparison to what they're pouring in for their "shopping" for a conservative president......which does not work out, a-la, Gov. Walker).

LOL!!!!

Holy fucking Moly!!!

You can't make this up!!!

That's fucking hilarious!!!!

Meanwhile there should be a George Soros Nazi Memorabilia Warehouse

Quite while you're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind

Forum List

Back