What Americans Were.....sigh....

Liberals at the federal level are not for the common person.

There aren't many liberals at the federal level. Let's see if you can name any of them.

That's my point......

If I say Harry Ried...you say he's not a liberal.....but he looks and smells like one.

If you call GWB a conservative, I ROTFLMAO.

They are nothing but stooges.

And you bastards want to allow them to control our health care system.

I think they religiously believe in trickle down. That if you keep throwing money at the wealthy.....eventually something will trickle down

Some of us never got a paycheck from poor people..

Even that gubmint check you get, most of it comes from those "rich" that you hate.

{The 10% of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70% of federal income taxes, according to the Congressional Budget Office.}

Fact check: The wealthy already pay more tax

Without the rich, who is going to be paying your bills?

Even though most are not allowed in the country club, they are satisfied that they are at least allowed to park cars

I think there are a number of reasons why those who aren't on the top of the heap would vote for the interests of those who are. Perhaps they've been convinced they have a realistic chance to get there, and want to maximize the pay-off. Perhaps they have self-esteem problems and are subordinating their own interests to those of their "betters." Perhaps -- and I think this is really common -- they get diverted into being angry at some made-up target, like a foreign enemy, or a minority group at home, or "the gub'mint."

All that's just theory, of course, but it's an interesting question, to be sure.

I think they religiously believe in trickle down. That if you keep throwing money at the wealthy.....eventually something will trickle down

Oh, how I enjoy watching the death throws of the libs as they see Obamacare get ready to hit the rocks and sink.

All the old invective....

All the worn out names.....

All the accusations......

I can't wait for the party.

Another accomplished conservative:

"As one of the most influential black men of his time, Washington was not without his critics. Many charged that his conservative approach undermined the quest for racial equality. "In all things purely social we can be as separate as the fingers," he proposed to a biracial audience in his 1895 Atlanta Compromise address, "yet one as the hand in all things essential to mutual progress."

Booker T. Washington Biography from Boycottliberalism.com

Conservatives do love their kings don't they?

Kings, aristocrats, slave-owners, capitalists, and those at the top of the heap generally. Yes. That's what conservatism is all about in a nutshell.

And this is what makes you such a hypocrite (or drug smoker).

You don't get to parse the qualifications of a "true liberal" all the while calling most anything you don't like conservative.

Conservatives don't care about their kings (like Obama). They care who is mayor (or should).

Please stop making me laugh.

Liberals at the federal level are not for the common person.

There aren't many liberals at the federal level. Let's see if you can name any of them.

That's my point......

If I say Harry Ried...you say he's not a liberal.....but he looks and smells like one.

Well, no, actually he doesn't. I can name three off the top of my head, although one of them will be leaving Congress at the end of this year. The three are Nancy Pelosi, Dennis Kucinich, and Bernie Sanders. I'm sure there are a few more, but most Democrats are not liberals, and as best I can tell at this point no Republicans are liberals. Most politicians of both parties are too beholden to corporate interests to be liberals.

Another conservative who accomplished a bit:

"As President, he built the Republican Party into a strong national organization. Further, he rallied most of the northern Democrats to the Union cause. On January 1, 1863, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy.
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Lincoln never let the world forget that the Civil War involved an even larger issue. This he stated most movingly in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg: "that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Lincoln won re-election in 1864, as Union military triumphs heralded an end to the war. In his planning for peace, the President was flexible and generous, encouraging Southerners to lay down their arms and join speedily in reunion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The spirit that guided him was clearly that of his Second Inaugural Address, now inscribed on one wall of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D. C.: "With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds.... " [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Abraham Lincoln Biography from Boycottliberalism.com[/FONT]

Another conservative who accomplished a bit:

"As President, he built the Republican Party into a strong national organization. Further, he rallied most of the northern Democrats to the Union cause. On January 1, 1863, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy.
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Lincoln never let the world forget that the Civil War involved an even larger issue. This he stated most movingly in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg: "that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Lincoln won re-election in 1864, as Union military triumphs heralded an end to the war. In his planning for peace, the President was flexible and generous, encouraging Southerners to lay down their arms and join speedily in reunion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The spirit that guided him was clearly that of his Second Inaugural Address, now inscribed on one wall of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D. C.: "With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds.... " [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Abraham Lincoln Biography from Boycottliberalism.com[/FONT]

Lincoln was a Republican but far from a conservative

He was a conservative. He declared war on the South because he believed secession was ILLEGAL, and to protect the status quo of the Union.

That's about as conservative as you can get.

"
Abraham Lincoln’s firm and unyielding opposition to slavery grew out of his dedication to the principles of our Founding Fathers, principles which have been under assault by the Left for decades. The Left seeks to reinterpret Lincoln as the father of the centralized administrative state that was actually created by early Progressives such as Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Croly, and John Dewey (among others).
Those who actually study Lincoln’s thoughts and speeches know that, in his words, he “never had a feeling politically that did not spring from the sentiments embodied in the Declaration of Independence.” He loved and admired “the sentiments of those old-time men,” our Founding Fathers. He was dedicated to their principles – equal rights under the law, economic liberty, and a fidelity to the Constitution, our fundamental law."

Lincoln

And this is what makes you such a hypocrite (or drug smoker).

You don't get to parse the qualifications of a "true liberal" all the while calling most anything you don't like conservative.

Conservatives don't care about their kings (like Obama). They care who is mayor (or should).

Please stop making me laugh.

Conservatives believe the rights of the individual are preeminent. Whether that individual is rich or poor, they are the master of their fate, fortune and mind.

Leftists believe that the group is preeminent. The individual must bow and submit to the group. Fortune and fate belong to the group, to be doled out to those the group views most worthy. The individual must subdue their mind to the views and attitudes of the group.

A king cannot exist in a conservative system. Wealthy men may ply others with cash, but they have no power above any other man. In a conservative society, they have no standing in the law above any other.

The left yearns for a ruler, they look to Obama, Castro, Pol Pot, etc. to rule them. They see the strong-man as the shepherd who guides the flock. It is the same desire that led to monarchs. The belief that rulers are better suited to dictate the details of a person's life than the person themselves.

A march to the left is always a march to dictatorship.

He was a conservative. He declared war on the South because he believed secession was ILLEGAL, and to protect the status quo of the Union.

Unless you haven't been paying attention, states rights is a decidedly conservative value

Lincoln was a Republican but far from a conservative

Oh?

Did Lincoln push for socialized medicine and government control of industry?

Oh wait, you're just lying again....

Kerry on.

Ummmm.....Lincoln did control industry, fought for a strong FEDERAL Government and against States Rights

Last edited:

No, he declared war on the Confederacy after the Confederate troops opened fire on Ft Sumpter.

You're going to tell me that you're willing to trade what we have now with what they had then?

Well, first I'm going to compliment you on the use of the phrase "...tell me..." rather than the phrase of choice of the fearful little Lefties...the "...tell us..." crowd.

Then, I'm going to point out that you are making a huge bone-head mistake in trying to make your point.
In order for your question to have any meaning you would have to claim that it is impossible to have the current state of technological advancement AND believe in the following:

1. The US Constitution being the law of the land...specifically Article I, section 8.

2. Limited government

3. Checks and balances

4. Federalism

"Upon entering office, the president must solemnly promise that, to the best of his ability, he will “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” That is required by the Constitution, which also says that “senators and representatives, and all executive and judicial officers … shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support this Constitution.”

Far too many of these leaders have taken that oath—and then done the opposite! The current president has, to the best of his ability, smeared, ignored and undermined that founding document!

...the seeds of this anti-law thinking were sown a century ago by Woodrow Wilson, who viewed the Constitution’s doctrines of limited government as obsolete. “Wilson argued that progress and evolution had brought human beings to a place and time where we didn’t have to worry about limited government,”..."
The Obama Administration vs. the American Constitution - theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

So, is that the trade you have in mind?
I never believed it was.

Yes we do need a good Federalists program and law like the Alien Sedetion act of 1798, get real or get to the loom my darling

Ummmm.....Lincoln did control industry,

Oh? Kewl! So you'll be posting 5 year industrial and manufacturing and production plans, showing the industries nationalized and the industrial boards Lincoln controlled.

Unless you're just lying through your fucking teeth...

As usual.....

fought for a strong FEDERAL Government and against States Rights

Lincoln was pretty federalist, that's in the same county as accurate - which for you is damned astounding.

Lincoln was a Nationalist Whig. In the Douglas debates he argued that States and the Federal Government were "coequal" in authority. Quite a break from the Republican position of Jefferson, but not the opponent of states rights you dishonestly portray.

You're going to tell me that you're willing to trade what we have now with what they had then?

Well, first I'm going to compliment you on the use of the phrase "...tell me..." rather than the phrase of choice of the fearful little Lefties...the "...tell us..." crowd.

Then, I'm going to point out that you are making a huge bone-head mistake in trying to make your point.
In order for your question to have any meaning you would have to claim that it is impossible to have the current state of technological advancement AND believe in the following:

1. The US Constitution being the law of the land...specifically Article I, section 8.

2. Limited government

3. Checks and balances

4. Federalism

"Upon entering office, the president must solemnly promise that, to the best of his ability, he will “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” That is required by the Constitution, which also says that “senators and representatives, and all executive and judicial officers … shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support this Constitution.”

Far too many of these leaders have taken that oath—and then done the opposite! The current president has, to the best of his ability, smeared, ignored and undermined that founding document!

...the seeds of this anti-law thinking were sown a century ago by Woodrow Wilson, who viewed the Constitution’s doctrines of limited government as obsolete. “Wilson argued that progress and evolution had brought human beings to a place and time where we didn’t have to worry about limited government,”..."
The Obama Administration vs. the American Constitution - theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

So, is that the trade you have in mind?
I never believed it was.

Yes we do need a good Federalists program and law like the Alien Sedetion act of 1798, get real or get to the loom my darling

So....you were unable to digest the meaning of the post to which you were, ostensibly, replying?

Why am I not shocked?

Forum List

Back