What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

The militia types that were there, were not the cause of the violence.

What sparked violence?

"Sparked"? Violence was not "Sparked". People are not natural events or big piles of tinder that get set on fire.

Some people saw a young man by himself and a pack decided to attack him. Their actions are on them.

In a sane world, their cell phone records would have been gone over with a fine tooth comb.

The militia types that were there, were not the cause of the violence.

The militia types were in DC on January 6 to support trumps request to stop the STEAL.

What sparked the violence in DC on January 6?

My understanding is that some people had plans ahead of time to use the demonstration as cover to start a violent confrontation.

SO, nothing "Sparked" it. Some people chose to DO it.

Over a thousand posts in this thread and you cut EVERYTHING from a single post and ask me to expands on it?
When you repeat the same baseless and detailed lie over and over again 1000 times it’s still no detail and I still a pack of lies.

You called this bullshit

“It’s not a card. It’s a determination from the messages of hate that you keep expressing.”

There are no posts that I know of addressing that. Explaining that. So why is it bullshit? Why did you dodge it?

No dodge. I accurately described the way that you and almost all libs use the Race Card.

You use it as a personal attack. Your definition of it seems to really mean, "asshole who won't kowtow so let's dogpile him", based on how you use it.

Because your use of it, never seems to actually line up with real racism.

Also, you are an asshole for calling me so many names when I have been happy to discuss this issue civilly and on the issues.

My understanding is that some people had plans ahead of time to use the demonstration as cover to start a violent confrontation.

So do you have any evidence that any of the leaders of the BLM organization had plans ahead of time at any of their demonstrations to use the demonstration as cover to start violence?

So do you have any evidence that any of the leaders of the BLM organization had plans ahead of time at any of their demonstrations to use the demonstration as cover to start violence?

No.

And apparently you don't have any evidence on who got it rolling.

The fact that you believe that our getting a turn is abnormal and something to be fought against, is you shit canning our democracy.
You are nuts. I have not said you getting a turn is abnormal. We had an election in 2016 and you got your turn in a normal way. ....
no, we didn't. Your side declared a "RESIST" and abused power and lied to federal judges and rioted and censored and lied to the American people on a massive scale and arrested people for self defense, ect ect ect.

You side sabotaged our turn. ANd now you won and you want YOUR turn, under the old rules were we play nice.
Tell me, seriously, this is not a rhetorical qustion.
Why should we play by the old rules when you don't?

Because if you don’t, if you try to overthrow this Republic and our centuries-old institutions to establish a cult leader like Trump in power illegally, your asses will end up in jail. Or else you will succeed and destroy everything that has made this country great.

And let’s get one thing straight: “your side” has been playing your little “wacist” games ... for ages. Who the fuck is “your” side anyway? Trump fanatics? Republicans but not “RINOs”? Workers? White ethnics? Apologists for the Confederacy? This “your side” and “our side” dichotomy — which YOU push as much as any “TDS liberal” — is getting VERY tiresome.

If you are talking about elites or economics, CAPITALISTS have been playing these globalized profit-seeking games for generations, with enthusiastic Republican support. Since the start of “the American Century” and certainly after WWII, most white American workers (and virtually all Democratic & Republican leaders) supported U.S. global corporate and military expansion. The resulting U.S. “empire” for a long time benefited the U.S. worker — at least white workers — but kept them in a childish ideological and emotional state enthralled to “the American Dream.”

That “Dream” was always also something of a nightmare for many. Now the “new normal” of the world capitalist economy means for many more ordinary working people the special economic privileges of being a U.S. citizen can no longer be maintained. But our people and elites — including fakers like Trump with his fake religion and “patriotism” and “military strengthening” and dream of going backwards to MAGA — refuse to abandon their illusions in “U.S. exceptionalism” and (to use the official lingo) “full spectrum global dominance.”

One of the great and really exceptional things about our society is its democratic and multi-ethnic immigrant culture, its long-established Republican institutions — and these are what “we” who love this country are trying to maintain through these dark days.

I just wanted to jump in, since this was my thread originally, and you, Correll, have been turning it into something very different than it was intended to be. I am not at all interested in debating with you. This thread asked “What are you thinking about as you hear the Senate arguments.” Those arguments have long since been presented. I thought I’d offer “what I’ve been thinking about” as I read your many (to me depressing and even “deplorable”) comments.

Last edited:
The fact that you believe that our getting a turn is abnormal and something to be fought against, is you shit canning our democracy.
You are nuts. I have not said you getting a turn is abnormal. We had an election in 2016 and you got your turn in a normal way. ....
no, we didn't. Your side declared a "RESIST" and abused power and lied to federal judges and rioted and censored and lied to the American people on a massive scale and arrested people for self defense, ect ect ect.

You side sabotaged our turn. ANd now you won and you want YOUR turn, under the old rules were we play nice.
Tell me, seriously, this is not a rhetorical qustion.

Because if you don’t, if you try to overthrow this Republic and our centuries-old institutions to establish a cult leader like Trump in power illegally, your asses will end up in jail. Or else you will succeed and destroy everything that has made this country great.

And let’s get one thing straight: “your side” has been playing your little “wacist” games ... for ages. Who the fuck is “your” side anyway? Trump fanatics? Republicans but not “RINOs”? Workers? White ethnics? Apologists for the Confederacy? This “your side” and “our side” dichotomy — which YOU push as much as any “TDS liberal” — is getting VERY tiresome.

If you are talking about elites or economics, CAPITALISTS have been playing these globalized profit-seeking games for generations, with enthusiastic Republican support. Since the start of “the American Century” and certainly after WWII, most white American workers (and virtually all Democratic & Republican leaders) supported U.S. global corporate and military expansion. The resulting U.S. “empire” for a long time benefited the U.S. worker — at least white workers — but kept them in a childish ideological and emotional state enthralled to “the American Dream.”

That “Dream” was always also something of a nightmare for many. Now the “new normal” of the world capitalist economy means for many more ordinary working people the special economic privileges of being a U.S. citizen can no longer be maintained. But our people and elites — including fakers like Trump with his fake religion and “patriotism” and “military strengthening” and dream of going backwards to MAGA — refuse to abandon their illusions in “U.S. exceptionalism” and (to use the official lingo) “full spectrum global dominance.”

One of the great and really exceptional things about our society is its democratic and multi-ethnic immigrant culture, its long-established Republican institutions — and these are what “we” who love this country are trying to maintain through these dark days.

I just wanted to jump in, since this was my thread originally, and you, Correll, have been turning it into something very different than it was intended to be. I am not at all interested in debating with you. This thread asked “What are you thinking about as you hear the Senate arguments.” Those arguments have long since been presented. I thought I’d offer “what I’ve been thinking about” as I read your many (to me depressing and even “deplorable”) comments.

1. Got it. You

You do not get to sabotage our turn and then pretend like we are the bad guys for playing by your new rules.

Well, you can. But only if you want a civil war.

And let’s get one thing straight: “your side” has been playing your little “wacist” games ... for ages. Who the fuck is “your” side anyway?

Save it. You don't get to demonize US for 5 fucking years and then whine because we notice that you are against us.

That “Dream” was always also something of a nightmare for many.

Save your anti-American claptrap. This great nation has always been the best place to be just about anyone, from rich powerful men to poor black farmers. Sure, other places had their success stories, but none had the great masses of people that got to work and keep most of that they created and live in relative safety and peace.

....the spark that ignited the DC riot -
"Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us," Trump said, "and if he doesn't, it's a sad day for our country."

Pence didn’t come through. 26698940

And apparently you don't have any evidence on who got it rolling.

KENOSHA IS EASY. The cops shot a black man in the back and spontaneous violence broke out that night.

The DJTQ riot in DC was sparked by Trump’s two months of lying that he won the election. Those lies led to the last chance to stop the election from being stolen from Trump who still insists that he won.

....It looked on the day of the riot for the the first time in four years, Mike Pence found his balls and put his country’s democracy before Donald Trump’s personal interests.

here’s the facts:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Defying President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday that he does not have the power to discard electoral votes that will make Democrat Joe Biden the next president on Jan. 20.​
Pence said in a statement issued minutes before he was to begin presiding over a joint session of Congress to count those votes that it was "my considered judgement that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not."​
In the days before the joint session, Trump has pressured his vice president to toss electors from battleground states that voted for Biden to overturn the will of voters in a desperate and futile bid to undo President-elect Joe Biden's victory in the November election.​
"If Mike Pence does the right thing we win the election," Trump told thousands of supporters who rallied Wednesday on the Ellipse, just south of the White House, an hour before the count in Congress was to begin.​

"All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people," Trump said, repeating a falsehood he has been promoting leading up to the congressional session.

Trump repeatedly pressured Pence to act during his more than 75-minute speech to supporters. "Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us," Trump said, "and if he doesn't, it's a sad day for our country."

Shortly before the 1 p.m. start of the joint session and even as Trump continued his verbal haranguing, Pence made clear in a three-page letter that he would follow the Constitution, not the commander in chief. While Trump was speaking, Pence's motorcade carried him through a heavily-secured Washington toward the Capitol, where thousands of Trump supporters were marching.

Last edited:
You side sabotaged our turn.

Barack and Joe left Donnie and Mike a real nice economy. 75% of ISIS was obliterated and surrounded by coalition forces and trapped in Mosul. Barack did all he could to make the transition as smooth as possible. All Trump had to do was golf and count his money. But no.

The Michael Flynn Scandal Just Got A Lot Worse BY ANDREW KENT March 27, 2017 2:28 PM

The Wall Street Journal recently reported stunning new information about retired U.S Army Gen. Michael Flynn, who was briefly the National Security Adviser to President Donald Trump before being fired for lying about his troubling contacts with the Russian ambassador to Washington. Because of those communications and other contacts with the Putin government, Flynn is already at the center of the storm of the Russia-Trump investigations being conducted by Congress and the FBI. But now it is not just Russia ties that are dogging Flynn and, by extension, his former boss, the President. Flynn’s work for the government of Turkey is now also a serious issue.

It has been known for months that Flynn did some consulting work for a Turkish company with links to the Turkish government, while also serving as one of the most important members of Trump’s campaign team. But the nature and extent of this work was not publicly known. But now, according to The Journal, we learn that Flynn’s work involved a meeting on September 19, 2016 with senior Turkish government officials to discuss how to remove a Turkish dissident from the United States without going through judicial or other legal processes—actions that could violate U.S. criminal laws and that certainly raise anew serious questions about Flynn’s judgment and ethics.

You don't get to demonize US for 5 fucking years

If you didn’t want to be demonized you should not have put a demon in the White House who will eternally lie that he won a second term in a landslide when he lost by seven million votes.

To stoke a riot.

What was the opportunity in Kenosha to stoke a riot Sunday night on August 23 2020?

Something must have happened in Kenosha that day? It must be hard to stoke a riot because a dog chased a squirrel up a tree if something.

Nothing? Some Republicans just decided for kicks to storm the Capitol and hang the Good Christian Republican VP Mike Pence for no reason - maybe take some selfie’s to share on Facebook with some friends.

I have a friend who was there who says they were encouraged by several people to "get violent" by others.

Oh, No l!! Not the “others”.

I would unfriend any idiot stupid enough to turn to violence for any reason except self defense.

...the spark that ignited the DC riot -
"Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us," Trump said, "and if he doesn't, it's a sad day for our country."

Funny, didn't the feds charge several people with conspiring BEFORE that even occurred? So, if those charges are not bullshit, then the plans were already made.

NO "spark" needed.

Forum List

Back