What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

You people lied to the American people, to steal the election though fraud.

We people elected Joe Biden to be president. That’s it, you whining wimp crybaby loser. That’s all you need to know.

Trump lost the election, lost 60 court challenges, lost the Supreme Court, Lost Bill BARR, lost an insurrection against the Legislative Branch, and lost 20 million who had just voted for him.

And you got your nose up his ass for what?

The American People were lied to, by people like you, for 5 years.

You want to say something like that to my face, or the face of any Republicans, faggot?
Bullshit asshole

Take your internet bullshit and shove it little boi.

I'm not the one starting fighting words, from the safety of my mom's basement.

So fuck you.
LMAO

are you also an internet billionaire...

Ripe

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It’s our Republic ... if we can keep it.
It’s our Democracy...if we don’t allow conservatives to steal it.

Kind of defeats the purpose of democracy there, stupid.
Hardly, conservatives don’t like Democracy over being a republic where the minority can rule.

You are the one talking like the "minority" will have no voice at all. Dumbass.
81.2 million votes say different

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

What specific calls for violence did Trump make? He never said "go out there and break into the capital building and take selfies with the cops". Sure he used the word "fight" somewhere in his speech, but that is a word has been used in politics, sports and many other areas, long before Trump ever said it. Name something he said that specifically called for violence. If you cant do that, what the fuck are you democrats doing this for?

This goes beyond dirty politics. What you guys are doing is wrong and its dangerous.

My point stands. There was a way it could have worked, non-violently.

You point is utter nonsense.

This is all that could happen nonviolently on January 6.

it had to happen on that day.

“The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted.”

You are a dumb ass who does not get to declare that your dumb ass point is standing
The Constitution and the Electoral Count Act of 1887 intended the Jan. 6 session to address a narrow question: Are the electoral votes received by Congress ones cast by electors the states appointed?​
Further, the 1887 act obligates Congress to consider “conclusive” a state’s own “final determination” of litigation over a state’s appointment of electors when two conditions are met. The “final determination” must occur by a certain date, Dec. 8 this year, and must be based on state laws existing before Election Day, Nov. 3. Congress instructs governors to provide verification of these two conditions in their certifications.​

So Correll tell us how 20,000 MAGA hats standing in a peaceful protest can stop the ritual taking place on January 6 inside the Capitol to verify the electoral votes received by Congress are the ones cast by electors that the states appointed and the Governor of each state has its seal duly affixed.

You are so smart, How is that ritual stopped without entering the Senate Chamber to stop it.

You say it’s possible let’s see your explanation.

Last edited:
nd you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. You’re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating we’re going to “stop the steal”

Sure it could. If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

It was a possibility.

Thus, your assumption that his words are "proof" of inciting violence are thus shown to be just that. An assumption.

AND you are judging him as though your assumptions are fact.

You realize, don't you - that by justifying that, you are putting an end to 250 years of a peaceful transfer of power?

You are ginning up hysteria and panic in order do justify dismissing and marginalizing people that you don't like

I am ginning up hysteria and TrumpQ was not?

Trump was upset about losing and riled up a crowd for a day.

You people have been tearing this nation apart for years.
Sounds like you're saying Democrats are tearing up this nation. Can you explain what you mean by that?

What specific calls for violence did Trump make? He never said "go out there and break into the capital building and take selfies with the cops". Sure he used the word "fight" somewhere in his speech, but that is a word has been used in politics, sports and many other areas, long before Trump ever said it. Name something he said that specifically called for violence. If you cant do that, what the fuck are you democrats doing this for?

This goes beyond dirty politics. What you guys are doing is wrong and its dangerous.

No, what Trump did “goes way beyond dirty politics.”

What “you guys” are doing is defending the single man who consciously motivated, brought together and launched this despicable violent attack on our Capitol and Republic. This was treason and a betrayal of our democracy and our Republican institutions.

This is a thread on “What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?” You obviously aren’t following the Senate arguments closely, or you wouldn’t have to ask your dumb questions.

But many Americans are paying attention, and the truth about this sick “cult hero” is getting through. This is not a petty criminal trial but a political trial of “high crimes and misdemeanors” committed by a madman lame-duck President who almost caused a Civil War.

Last edited:
nd you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. You’re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating we’re going to “stop the steal”

Sure it could. If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

It was a possibility.

Thus, your assumption that his words are "proof" of inciting violence are thus shown to be just that. An assumption.

You realize, don't you - that by justifying that, you are putting an end to 250 years of a peaceful transfer of power?
What I don't understand is that even had Trump won Georgia, he still would have had insufficient votes to win, since Biden would have still had too many electoral votes.

It was a possibility.

What I don't understand is that even had Trump won Georgia, he still would have had insufficient votes to win, since Biden would have still had too many electoral votes.

He's been going after more states than just Georgia.

It was a possibility.

He's been going after more states than just Georgia.
So you think he would keep on going for the presidency even after Biden took office? Sounds nutty but Trump's not realistic and neither are many of his followers.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex,

Bill Clinton was impeached for the crimes of perjury and obstruction of justice. That you pretend that is ridiculous, is you revealing you are not a serious or honest person.
Why was he testifying under oath?

Because of an accusation of sexual harassment.
Monica Lewinsky didn't accuse him of sexual harassment.

Correct. She did not.
They were the only 2 principles. No one else was in the Oval with them.

Ummm, are you seriously this ignorant?

Then go read a book, don't post about shit you don't know shit about.
Are you claiming there were more than two people in the Oval?

Name something he said that specifically called for violence. If you cant do that, what the fuck are you democrats doing this for?

It has been named. TrumpQ told the assembled mob to “stop the steal” on January 6th. Peaceful protests outside the Capitol could not stop the verification and counting of the states’ electors taking place in the Senate Chamber that day. The steal would not be stopped standing outside of the Capitol / the mob had to get to the floor of the Senate to obey TrumpQ’s orders to save the country.

Since the Capitol police were not apprised of Trump’s ordered they knocked some heads but the Trump mob overwhelmed them.

Just listened to Lindsey Graham on Sean Hannity, Lindsey Graham has NO credibility. This dude has got to be the biggest Trump Humpin flip flopper in Washington DC. No wonder his state wants to censure him and weak ass Tim Scott.

The fact that this entire forum is very quiet shows that the Trumpers have zero case.
Move on moron. The quiet is because we know that the dems have no case--just like last time. We know this is an exercise in futility. It will end with a 56-44 vote to convict, at worst, which does not meet the threshold to convict. Get over it.

They definitely have a case, nothing comes of it because the spineless Trumplicans put party and fear ahead of the Constitution and the country.

FOr example, Trump called Pence a coward. Ok fine. But then you assume that he was directing it to specific people, with a specific intent, without any support.

The TrumpQ mob has breached the Capitol for over an hour when TrumpQ updates the mob that Pence is a coward.

ADBBF09C-77A2-44F4-B625-5AAF9F97CAF7.jpeg

Immediately the tweet was read by a rioter with a bullhorn to the rest of the mob. So they decided they needed to find the white evangelical Christian ‘coward’ and hang him.

Now the mob had to stop the steal for sure because Pence abandoned his post and ran to the enemy.

Last edited:
I did not say he accepted it. I said he was upset about it.

How is TrumpQ upset about losing the election if he has not accepted the fact that he lost?

Have you accepted the fact that TrumpQ lost?

I certainly understand that Biden has taken power. I don't think that the election was fair, nor do I know what the level of cheating was.

I have no faith in an election "day" that is actually like a month or more.

You people lied to the American people, to steal the election though fraud.

We people elected Joe Biden to be president. That’s it, you whining wimp crybaby loser. That’s all you need to know.

Trump lost the election, lost 60 court challenges, lost the Supreme Court, Lost Bill BARR, lost an insurrection against the Legislative Branch, and lost 20 million who had just voted for him.

And you got your nose up his ass for what?

The American People were lied to, by people like you, for 5 years.

You want to say something like that to my face, or the face of any Republicans, faggot?
Bullshit asshole

Take your internet bullshit and shove it little boi.

I'm not the one starting fighting words, from the safety of my mom's basement.

So fuck you.
LMAO

are you also an internet billionaire...

Ripe

Seriously wtf are you talking about?

My point was not something about my real life situation, but that NFooled was using fighting words online, which is, imo, the act of a coward.

Your point, did not address that.

My point stands. Nfooled is talking real tough, thus he is a coward.

It’s our Democracy...if we don’t allow conservatives to steal it.

Kind of defeats the purpose of democracy there, stupid.
Hardly, conservatives don’t like Democracy over being a republic where the minority can rule.

You are the one talking like the "minority" will have no voice at all. Dumbass.
81.2 million votes say different

My point was that you want a tyranny of the majority and your "rebuttal" is too claim that you are the majority?

Umm, are you high right now?

You are so smart, How is that ritual stopped without entering the Senate Chamber to stop it.

You say it’s possible let’s see your explanation.

I already did. I admit that it was very unlikely, but hope springs eternal.

Thus, your assumption that his words HAD to be a call for violence, are debunked.

I already did.

You are a liar. You have not explained how a peaceful Trump mob on January 6 (a date which is stipulated in the Constitution to happen on that very day) could have stopped the certification and the counting of electors by Congress members and Vice President Pence who were assembled for that purpose alone.

The only way the Trump mob could stop the Constitutional Ceremony that was going on inside the CAPITOL would have been to break into the Capitol, fight with police, get on the Senate floor, threaten Senators and Congressmen and VP Pence and force them to stop what they were doing.

And once they stopped it they would have to stay there for the rest of time to do what TrumpQ told them to do - stop the steal.

You could surely pray for some universal calamity like an astroid landing on the Capitol that day but this is for sure there is no way the Trump mob could’ve stopped it standing outside, being all upset like a bunch of dumb sore loser morons? whining because their idiot fascist president couldn’t get reelected.

Like Trump told them. They needed to fight.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back