What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

have no faith in an "election day" that is really several weeks.

There are good reasons that we never did it that way before.
Do you doubt Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 and 2020? The most recent election was the first time in living memory a POTUS has been selected while a global pandemic was raging. January 6 will be Trump's legacy long after he dies in prison regardless of how cowardly Senate Republicans vote on conviction

Do you doubt Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 and 2020? The most recent election was the first time in living memory a POTUS has been selected while a global pandemic was raging. January 6 will be Trump's legacy long after he dies in prison regardless of how cowardly Senate Republicans vote on conviction

It was also the first election where the American people had been falsely convinced that the US President thought nazis were "very fine people".

It was also the first election where city mayors ordered the police to stand down so violent mobs could loot and kill.

But, you don't explicitly make the connection. You imply it, and then judge Trump as though your implication was fact.

BUT, by doing it that way, if I call you out on any specific point, you can accuse me of putting words in your mouth.

I have never known you to make a counter argument directly based on facts, substance context and applied reasoning. You canā€™t counter argue on a specific point because you have no points but your typical verbal squirming

The January 6, 2021 assault on the US Capitol to stop the certification of an election that I voted in, that would reject my choice in favor of yours, never happens if Trump didnā€™t push the mob to ā€œstop the stealā€

Do you want proof of TrumpQā€™s intent. January 6 was the the last day that Trump had to ā€˜stop the stealā€™

So when he told the mob at the rally that morning and for the past two months that they had to fight to save their country and they had to stop the steal and that is what the mob went to do.

And you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. Youā€™re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating weā€™re going to ā€œstop the stealā€

You lied earlier when you said that Trump was upset that he lost the election. You know youā€™re wrong because this Insurrectionist mob would never have gotten so worked up if hehe conceded the election when everybody else in America except Trump voters knew for a fact that he had lost.

You see it is the lie. Itā€™s the lie that we had to ā€œstop the stealā€ to save American. And you know damn well that exact ā€˜inciting a riot lieā€™ comes from the mouth and the foul rotten fascist mind of your Donald J Trump.

If Trump didnā€™t spread that lie for over two months there was no riot at the capital. Thatā€™s why we know Trump is responsible and should be impeached and convicted.

Last edited:
nd you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. Youā€™re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating weā€™re going to ā€œstop the stealā€

Sure it could. If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

It was a possibility.

Thus, your assumption that his words are "proof" of inciting violence are thus shown to be just that. An assumption.

AND you are judging him as though your assumptions are fact.

t was also the first election where the American people had been falsely convinced that the US President thought nazis were "very fine people".
Why would that surprise you when Trump proudly proclaims his admiration for autocrats in Russia, India, Brazil, and the Philippines? The very first time Trumps name appeared in the NYT it was as a defendant in a racial discrimination law suit. He incited a mob on January 6 and then proclaimed his love for the "patriots" who composed the mob.

t was also the first election where the American people had been falsely convinced that the US President thought nazis were "very fine people".
Why would that surprise you when Trump proudly proclaims his admiration for autocrats in Russia, India, Brazil, and the Philippines? The very first time Trumps name appeared in the NYT it was as a defendant in a racial discrimination law suit. He incited a mob on January 6 and then proclaimed his love for the "patriots" who composed the mob.

Because EVERYTHING about Trump argues against him being sympathetic to ws AND he clearly stated that he was NOT say that ws were very fine people.

You people lied to the American people, to steal the election though fraud.

Sure it could.

No it could not. More of your stupid logic and pathetic reasoning.

You were responding to this;
So when he told the mob at the rally that morning and for the past two months that they had to fight to save their country and they had to stop the steal and that is what the mob went to do.

And you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. Youā€™re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating weā€™re going to ā€œstop the stealā€

If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

Trump told the mob to go to the capitol around noon to one on that day. Certification which is a ceremonial duty.
. It was scheduled just a few hours later.

The election of Joe is already set on stone. There is no time for Congress to review TrumpQā€™s election concerns. That was over. Itā€™s done. There is no way that they could stop this ceremonial activity by standing outside holding up signs.

The mob had to get in to stop the steal.

This just proves you are the idiot that I have always suspected you are.

Last edited:
Schoen's argument boils down to "You should be indicting and convicting him in criminal court". He's not making any arguments about innocence.
I agree. This impeachment trial is a waste of time. The DOJ should be charging Trump with inciting an insurrection, sedition, and treason. Let him face a jury not comprised of gutless Trumpublican fucktards.

As long as you keep killing yourselves.

We people elected Joe Biden to be president. Thatā€™s it, you whining wimp crybaby loser. Thatā€™s all you need to know.

Trump lost the election, lost 60 court challenges, lost the Supreme Court, Lost Bill BARR, lost an insurrection against the Legislative Branch, and lost 20 million who had just voted for him.

And you got your nose up his ass for what?

Last edited:
Sure it could.

No it could not. More of your stupid logic and pathetic reasoning.

You were responding to this;

If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

Trump told the mob to go to the capitol around noon to one on that day. Certification which is a ceremonial duty.
. It was scheduled just a few hours later.

The election of Joe is already set on stone. There is no time for Congress to review TrumpQā€™s election concerns. That was over. Itā€™s done. There is no way that they could stop this ceremonial activity by standing outside holding up signs.

The mob had to get in to stop the steal.

This just proves you are the idiot that I have always suspected you are.

Nope. YOu are just an asshole who can't admit he was wrong.

My point stands. There was a way it could have worked, non-violently.

So, go fuck yourself.

We people elected Joe Biden to be president. Thatā€™s it, you whining wimp crybaby loser. Thatā€™s all you need to know.

Trump lost the election, lost 60 court challenges, lost the Supreme Court, Lost Bill BARR, lost an insurrection against the Legislative Branch, and lost 20 million who had just voted for him.

And you got your nose up his ass for what?

The American People were lied to, by people like you, for 5 years.

You want to say something like that to my face, or the face of any Republicans, faggot?

4xjxtp.jpg

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then Iā€™ll listen to yours...

The ā€œHouse Managersā€ just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution wonā€™t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and ā€œempire,ā€ political marketing and ā€œAmerica Firstā€ demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesnā€™t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a ā€œshow trial.ā€ Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a ā€œshow trialā€ ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are ā€œshowingā€ that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

Itā€™s our Republic ... if we can keep it.
Itā€™s our Democracy...if we donā€™t allow conservatives to steal it.

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then Iā€™ll listen to yours...

The ā€œHouse Managersā€ just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution wonā€™t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and ā€œempire,ā€ political marketing and ā€œAmerica Firstā€ demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesnā€™t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a ā€œshow trial.ā€ Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a ā€œshow trialā€ ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are ā€œshowingā€ that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

Kind of defeats the purpose of democracy there, stupid.

Hardly, conservatives donā€™t like Democracy over being a republic where the minority can rule.

Hardly, conservatives donā€™t like Democracy over being a republic where the minority can rule.

You are the one talking like the "minority" will have no voice at all. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back