What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

. I don't think that the election was fair,

You whiny little fascist sore loser. Talk about frickin unfair? Do you want to give up your electoral college system? Do you want to be fair to all those Black people that live in big cities who don’t get the vote representation that some farmer in Wyoming gets. Wyoming has two senators. California and New York have two senators. That’s the system - live with a crybaby.

Try to turn yourself into an an American Citizen again. Citizenship in Trumpworld aint worth a damn anymore since you guys tried to overthrow the real American Government.

Do you want to make the popular vote count for something?

Last edited:
I did not say he accepted it. I said he was upset about it.

How is TrumpQ upset about losing the election if he has not accepted the fact that he lost?

Have you accepted the fact that TrumpQ lost?

I certainly understand that Biden has taken power. I don't think that the election was fair, nor do I know what the level of cheating was.

I have no faith in an election "day" that is actually like a month or more.

So you don't like the average citizen to vote in the same manner that Trump voted.

Someone just made a good point we are not afraid that Trump will run again. We were afraid that he will run again and lose. We all know he’s not a very good loser.He is an un-American loser

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It’s our Republic ... if we can keep it.

We lost the Republic on 7/5/16 when Hillary walked and the 'Rule of Law' officially died!

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

We lost the Republic on 7/5/16 when Hillary walked and the 'Rule of Law' officially died!

Only Republicans......Scooter Libby, Dinesh D'souza....go to prison.

All these ridiculous partisan explanations of how we supposedly “lost the Republic” on a — name your choice — specific date, just like the “personality politics” of Trumpsters in general, can not disguise the fact that something historically unprecedented, violent and anti-Constitutional happened on Jan. 6th.

I have long argued that several of our past Presidents (of both parties) should have been impeached and prosecuted for crimes committed in office. They and their henchman have generally escaped and usually remain feted “senior statesmen” of our Republic.

That was because the legal and institutional processes of Congress, the Court system, the two-party system, the corruption of both parties by big money and corporations — these have frustrated action that I and many others would like to see.

But none of this means we no longer even have a Republic, a representative democracy, or the basic freedoms that they allow. What Trump wanted to do by disregarding the confirmed results of the election he lost would have caused a civil war, a military coup, or led directly to imposed martial law. Our Republican system and representative democracy, not to mention our court system and “rule of law,” might never have recovered.

In a perfect world, Trump especially, but also many other corporate and political figures (of both parties) would join the Scooter Libby’s & Dinesh D'souzas, and at least get a passing acquaintance with prison.

But all this must be done legally, and not as the result of mob action. One day there may well be a genuine coup, a bonapartist or authoritarian dictatorship like Trump seemed determined to impose. If such succeeds it will be too late for effective normal parliamentary and political action. Only then the kind of violent extra-parliamentary action that occurred in D.C. on Jan. 6th may be justifiable.

All these ridiculous partisan explanations of how we supposedly “lost the Republic” on a — name your choice — specific date, just like the “personality politics” of Trumpsters in general, can not disguise the fact that something historically unprecedented, violent and anti-Constitutional happened on Jan. 6th.

I have long argued that several of our past Presidents (of both parties) should have been impeached and prosecuted for crimes committed in office. They and their henchman have generally escaped and usually remain feted “senior statesmen” of our Republic.

That was because the legal and institutional processes of Congress, the Court system, the two-party system, the corruption of both parties by big money and corporations — these have frustrated action that I and many others would like to see.

But none of this means we no longer even have a Republic, a representative democracy, or the basic freedoms that they allow. What Trump wanted to do by disregarding the confirmed results of the election he lost would have caused a civil war, a military coup, or led directly to imposed martial law. Our Republican system and representative democracy, not to mention our court system and “rule of law,” might never have recovered.

In a perfect world, Trump especially, but also many other corporate and political figures (of both parties) would join the Scooter Libby’s & Dinesh D'souzas, and at least get a passing acquaintance with prison.

But all this must be done legally, and not as the result of mob action. One day there may well be a genuine coup, a bonapartist or authoritarian dictatorship like Trump seemed determined to impose. If such succeeds it will be too late for effective normal parliamentary and political action. Only then the kind of violent extra-parliamentary action that occurred in D.C. on Jan. 6th may be justifiable.
My observation is that politicians will continue to break the law as long as politicians set the framework by which they are held to account. That isnt an American thing, its pretty standard.

Who wants to watch a melodrama when they already know what the end of the show will be???

Who wants to watch a melodrama when they already know what the end of the show will be???

Whatta tear jerker. Has Ruskin or any other Dimm managers cried yet today? :206:

That politicians are bilking tax payers for doing nothing of importance and need to be fired.
You are thinking about those 33 different Benghazi investigations that you didn't complain about....

So you should just have several seats now

~~~~~~
********​
********​
********​

That politicians are bilking tax payers for doing nothing of importance and need to be fired.
You are thinking about those 33 different Benghazi investigations that you didn't complain about....

So you should just have several seats now

~~~~~~
********​
********​
********​

We didn't need confirmation of this. It was obvious as 2+2 equalling 4 to anyone who had even a semblance of analysis at the time.

I would be ashamed to watch a minute of this Soviet Show Trial, and I haven't and won't.

How low our nation has fallen, and so suddenly. I know I am the one who says things happen very fast or not at all because people stop it, but ---- it's just very sad to see America so destroyed in so many ways.

I'm wondering how many of the 74 million voters who supported Trump are still with him? Fifty million is a number I've heard mentioned a few times. Perhaps Trump will divide the Republican Party into a pair of warring faction by November 2022?
Well, I'm still with him. Very possibly we'll divide into two parties by 2022, but you'd think they'd know better than to suicide politically like that.

Just listened to Lindsey Graham on Sean Hannity, Lindsey Graham has NO credibility. This dude has got to be the biggest Trump Humpin flip flopper in Washington DC. No wonder his state wants to censure him and weak ass Tim Scott.
Naaaaaaaaaah, never happen. I love Lindsey ---- Lindsey Graham for president!

It looks like a show trial because it is a show trial. The Congress has no authority to bar a private citizen from running for office. This is most unconstitutional. What's worse, is Plan B is to use the 14th Amendment, which would be even more unconstitutional.

Well, I'm still with him. Very possibly we'll divide into two parties by 2022, but you'd think they'd know better than to suicide politically like that.
I wonder if the split will happen automatically during 2022 primaries? Republicans have an uphill fight in the Senate that year, so I don't think they can afford a major division within their ranks without Democrats taking advantage.
2022-Senate-Races_600.png

Senate 2022: An Early Look – Sabato's Crystal Ball

nd you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. You’re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating we’re going to “stop the steal”

Sure it could. If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

It was a possibility.

Thus, your assumption that his words are "proof" of inciting violence are thus shown to be just that. An assumption.

AND you are judging him as though your assumptions are fact.

You realize, don't you - that by justifying that, you are putting an end to 250 years of a peaceful transfer of power?

1. I'm not justify anything. I'm disagreeing that Trump incited violence.

2. The peaceful transfer of power tradition ended when you people refused to respect Trump's 2016 victory. Your request that we follow the rules, while you don't, is rejected.

I wonder if the split will happen automatically during 2022 primaries? Republicans have an uphill fight in the Senate that year, so I don't think they can afford a major division within their ranks without Democrats taking advantage.
2022-Senate-Races_600.png

Senate 2022: An Early Look – Sabato's Crystal Ball
There have been threats to primary this person or that. I think you are right, if there is a move to make a split (but I really doubt it because the prize is so big if someone can take Trump's whole following) it could start then.

Forum List

Back