What are people thinking as they hear the Senate arguments?

You are ginning up hysteria and panic in order do justify dismissing and marginalizing people that you don't like

I am ginning up hysteria and TrumpQ was not?

Trump was upset about losing and riled up a crowd for a day.

You people have been tearing this nation apart for years.
Sounds like you're saying Democrats are tearing up this nation. Can you explain what you mean by that?

Sure. The Democrats are tearing the nation apart, by setting large groups of citizens at odds with each other, though Identity Politics.

Normal and reasonable policy differences, instead become, in the minds of liberals at least, existential threats.

AND, as they respond increasingly bitterly and hatefully to ever minor disagreement, those they viciously smear and marginalize become increasing angry in return.

I'm actually surprised it took this long, before there was an escalation from the Right to all the violence and hate coming from the left over the last 5 years.

nd you think Trump wanted them to go do that peacefully. You’re stupid. There was no way that 20,000 people standing outside the capital peacefully demonstrating we’re going to “stop the steal”

Sure it could. If enough attention was brought to bear, if the nation as a whole put tons of pressure on Congress, they might have stopped teh count to address some of the concerns of the President and his supporters.

It was a possibility.

Thus, your assumption that his words are "proof" of inciting violence are thus shown to be just that. An assumption.

AND you are judging him as though your assumptions are fact.

You realize, don't you - that by justifying that, you are putting an end to 250 years of a peaceful transfer of power?
What I don't understand is that even had Trump won Georgia, he still would have had insufficient votes to win, since Biden would have still had too many electoral votes.

Yes, we've heard this argument before, that it doesn't matter to investigate cheating, if the cheating cannot be shown to have been widespread enough to swing the election.

I think that is a morally and ethically and pragmatically indefensible position.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex,

Bill Clinton was impeached for the crimes of perjury and obstruction of justice. That you pretend that is ridiculous, is you revealing you are not a serious or honest person.
Why was he testifying under oath?

Because of an accusation of sexual harassment.
Monica Lewinsky didn't accuse him of sexual harassment.

Correct. She did not.
They were the only 2 principles. No one else was in the Oval with them.

Ummm, are you seriously this ignorant?

Then go read a book, don't post about shit you don't know shit about.
Are you claiming there were more than two people in the Oval?

Nope. Not what I am claiming at all.

My God. So, I take it you are too young to remember the actual events.

Whoever taught you about this, lied to you, so that you would be a good little, uninformed peasant.

Who was it?

The peaceful transfer of power tradition ended when you people refused to respect Trump's 2016 victory. Your request that we follow the rules, while you don't, is rejected.
Obama attended Trump's inauguration, and his supporters did NOT storm the Capitol, so what rules did Democrats break in 2016?
Op-Graphic.jpg

Voter suppression helped decide presidential election - The Pitt News

FOr example, Trump called Pence a coward. Ok fine. But then you assume that he was directing it to specific people, with a specific intent, without any support.

The TrumpQ mob has breached the Capitol for over an hour when TrumpQ updates the mob that Pence is a coward.

View attachment 455650

Immediately the tweet was read by a rioter with a bullhorn to the rest of the mob. So they decided they needed to find the white evangelical Christian ‘coward’ and hang him.

Now the mob had to stop the steal for sure because Pence abandoned his post and ran to the enemy.

Trump tweets something, and you pretend that it specific communication to the mob.

That is you lying.

THe rest of your post, are assumptions based on pretending that your lie, is a fact.

That is your entire world view, completely assed assumptions, based on made up lies treated as facts.

WHen you demonstrate that you know you have to lie, to make your case, you are admitting that you know your position is false.

FOr example, Trump called Pence a coward. Ok fine. But then you assume that he was directing it to specific people, with a specific intent, without any support.

The TrumpQ mob has breached the Capitol for over an hour when TrumpQ updates the mob that Pence is a coward.

View attachment 455650

Immediately the tweet was read by a rioter with a bullhorn to the rest of the mob. So they decided they needed to find the white evangelical Christian ‘coward’ and hang him.

Now the mob had to stop the steal for sure because Pence abandoned his post and ran to the enemy.

Trump tweets something, and you pretend that it specific communication to the mob.

That is you lying.

THe rest of your post, are assumptions based on pretending that your lie, is a fact.

That is your entire world view, completely assed assumptions, based on made up lies treated as facts.

WHen you demonstrate that you know you have to lie, to make your case, you are admitting that you know your position is false.

This about sums up the current Dimm mental make-up. It's both shallow and ugly.

it says in the constitution that impeachment is to be considered as an action to remove a sitting president AND prevent them from further office. The second clause is dependant on the first.

It doesn't say OR prevent a person from further office.

This is all a fraudulent dog and pony show, as impeachment was never meant to be an action taken against a private citizen
cool. he was impeached while in office. next question.

. I don't think that the election was fair,

You whiny little fascist sore loser. Talk about frickin unfair? Do you want to give up your electoral college system? Do you want to be fair to all those Black people that live in big cities who don’t get the vote representation that some farmer in Wyoming gets. Wyoming has two senators. California and New York have two senators. That’s the system - live with a crybaby.

Try to turn yourself into an an American Citizen again. Citizenship in Trumpworld aint worth a damn anymore since you guys tried to overthrow the real American Government.

Do you want to make the popular vote count for something?

You talk real tough online. You ever talk like that to anyone in real life? Without a mob backing you up?

I bet not. FUCKING COWARD.

I did not say he accepted it. I said he was upset about it.

How is TrumpQ upset about losing the election if he has not accepted the fact that he lost?

Have you accepted the fact that TrumpQ lost?

I certainly understand that Biden has taken power. I don't think that the election was fair, nor do I know what the level of cheating was.

I have no faith in an election "day" that is actually like a month or more.

So you don't like the average citizen to vote in the same manner that Trump voted.

I made my point. If you have a counter point make it.

Save your pretend questions for the tourists. Otherwise, fuck off.

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It’s our Republic ... if we can keep it.

It looks like a show trial because it is a show trial. The Congress has no authority to bar a private citizen from running for office. This is most unconstitutional. What's worse, is Plan B is to use the 14th Amendment, which would be even more unconstitutional.
The 14th Amendment? Are we going to take his citizenship away?

The peaceful transfer of power tradition ended when you people refused to respect Trump's 2016 victory. Your request that we follow the rules, while you don't, is rejected.
Obama attended Trump's inauguration, and his supporters did NOT storm the Capitol, so what rules did Democrats break in 2016?ws

1. FBI agents conspired to prevent Trump's presidency after his election.

2. Obama had Trump spied on, based on bullshit.

3. FBI agents lied to a federal judge to permission for an investigation that was NOT justified and was NOT conducted in a fair or ethical manner.

4. Congress used the results of that investigation for a political impeachment, in violation of their oaths of office.

.5 5 years of riots.

6. Mayor violating their citizens rights by ordering the police to stand down or even help the rioters looting and killing.

7. Increasing numbers of people imprisoned by unequal application of the law, a violation of their civil rights.

8. Mob attacks on federal buildings.

9 Murders.

Off the top of my head.

There have been threats to primary this person or that. I think you are right, if there is a move to make a split (but I really doubt it because the prize is so big if someone can take Trump's whole following) it could start then.
According to numbers I've seen, there are currently about 60 million Democrats and 55 million Republicans. If support for Donald Trump becomes a litmus test for Republicans in 2022 and 2024, it's hard to see how they will win national elections.

Political parties in the United States - Wikipedia

There have been threats to primary this person or that. I think you are right, if there is a move to make a split (but I really doubt it because the prize is so big if someone can take Trump's whole following) it could start then.
According to numbers I've seen, there are currently about 60 million Democrats and 55 million Republicans. If support for Donald Trump becomes a litmus test for Republicans in 2022 and 2024, it's hard to see how they will win national elections.

Political parties in the United States - Wikipedia

As the country becomes assimilated into the Third World, and less American, it becomes hard to see how the gop will win national elections.

I mean, that is the point of your side's support of massive Third World Immigration, legal and illegal.

So, your pretense that it is all about Trump, is just you rubbing salt into the wound.

Which makes sense, because you want a Civil War to help destroy America.

I just listened to the Senate Trial Presentations and have a few thoughts. Others will disagree, even violently. Listen to my thoughts, and then I’ll listen to yours...

The “House Managers” just refuted what I thought were preposterous Republican arguments that the Constitution won’t even allow for a trial of impeached ex-president Trump. I come away more than ever impressed with the Constitutional importance of what is now at stake.

This is not a ridiculous impeachment over lying about sex, or a hearing over the tragedy in Benghazi. This is about taking a stand against an out-of-control lame-duck President who tried to keep himself in office. This trial is about dealing with an attack on our whole democratic electoral system, on the Capitol itself. It is about re-asserting the power of Congress to stand against a mad President.

I personally have sometimes dreamt of seeing the impeachment and conviction of Presidents (of both parties) who lied and led us into murderous and totally unnecessary overseas military adventures. Of course these impeachments never happened. Yet now in D.C., in the heartland of our Republic and “empire,” political marketing and “America First” demagogy has succeeded ... in dividing the minds and hearts of Americans ... rather than Iraqis, Russians or Chinese.

Many of our own obsessions as a nation led to Jan. 6th, and its shadow will lie over our Republic for a long time. I think if this Senate doesn’t make an example of our most dangerous and outrageous recent demagogue we will be guaranteeing further more serious political mob action and even coup adventures in the future.

This is not a “show trial.” Well, just perhaps it will go down in history as a “show trial” ... if our people and politicians treat it as one. If few Republicans rise to the occasion and do their duty, if Donald Trump is not repudiated in the most severe Constitutional manner possible, then we are “showing” that we treat our great Republic and its institutions as crap.

It looks like a show trial because it is a show trial. The Congress has no authority to bar a private citizen from running for office. This is most unconstitutional. What's worse, is Plan B is to use the 14th Amendment, which would be even more unconstitutional.

They want to use Section 3 of the 14th Amendment:

"No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

It looks like a show trial because it is a show trial. The Congress has no authority to bar a private citizen from running for office.
Trump wasn't a private citizen when he incited insurrection on January 6th. If his actions on that day don't merit impeachment and conviction, what behaviors would?

But, he's a private citizen now. The Constitution specifically refers to a sitting president.

Since he's a private citizen and if someone thinks the evidence is strong enough, he should be brought before a grand jury.

"No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
Thank you, Bill!
There's that 2/3 problem again, though. Wonder if they can cut a backroom deal--okay, don't vote to convict, but agree to vote yes on the 14th. We'll be friends.

Thank you, Bill!
There's that 2/3 problem again, though. Wonder if they can cut a backroom deal--okay, don't vote to convict, but agree to vote yes on the 14th. We'll be friends.

It would still be unconstitutional.

Thank you, Bill!

You're needy. Aren't you?

Thank you, Bill!

It's already been decided by the senate that the trial is constitutional. Let's move on. There are much more important matters to consider.

Thank you, Bill!

It's already been decided by the senate that the trial is constitutional. Let's move on. There are much more important matters to consider.

The Senate doesn't have the authority to make that decision. Only the Judicial Branch has that power.

Forum List

Back