What are the characteristics of an armed person???

Well yes. You should know that. Have you had any training at all? It was the first thing I learned. If you are armed and approached by police officer, you immediately inform the officer that you are carrying a weapon. You are required to inform the officer what kind and where on your person it is concealed. Same thing if you are stopped with a weapon in your car.

All praises to the NRA.

if I was merely walking down the street and the cops stopped me for walking down the street, could they check my purse? How about frisk me??

PS: I don't carry a gun.
Yep. All they need is reasonable suspicion. Maybe you resembled a suspect.

If I resembled a suspect, and I went for my ID in my purse could they shoot me, suspecting I carried a gun in it because it had a bulge?
I suggest you do what they tell you to do and nothing else.

They suspect he went for his gun, so if I'd go in my purse for my ID, I'd get shot??

Are you being willfully stupid?

Oddly, there is such a thing as characteristics of an armed person.

U.S. Secret Service Training Guide: Characteristics of the Armed Individual | Public Intelligence

Recognizing armed persons is part of training. It must work because the person was certainly armed.

So they say he was armed, I'd be armed as well in that neighborhood. So anyone armed or suspicious of being armed can be approached by police???
Well yes. You should know that. Have you had any training at all? It was the first thing I learned. If you are armed and approached by police officer, you immediately inform the officer that you are carrying a weapon. You are required to inform the officer what kind and where on your person it is concealed. Same thing if you are stopped with a weapon in your car.

All praises to the NRA.

if I was merely walking down the street and the cops stopped me for walking down the street, could they check my purse? How about frisk me??

If you are a law abiding citizen you immediately inform them that you carry and have a CCL and keep your hands away from your waste band.

You misquoted me. That was someone else. :)

You're still a bootlicker no matter what way we spin it. How do they taste?

Oh bullshit!!
If you're legally carrying a gun why wouldnt you inform the cop to avoid getting yourself shot?

You know, what he doesn't get is the cop is doing a job, and the cop doesn't know who you are or what your intent is.... so as a law abiding citizen, it pays to be respectful and courteous to the officer.....

U.S. Secret Service Training Guide: Characteristics of the Armed Individual | Public Intelligence

Recognizing armed persons is part of training. It must work because the person was certainly armed.

So they say he was armed, I'd be armed as well in that neighborhood. So anyone armed or suspicious of being armed can be approached by police???

All praises to the NRA.

If you are a law abiding citizen you immediately inform them that you carry and have a CCL and keep your hands away from your waste band.

What the hell? Why didn't those racist cops shoot him?

All praises to the NRA.

If I resembled a suspect, and I went for my ID in my purse could they shoot me, suspecting I carried a gun in it because it had a bulge?

They suspect he went for his gun, so if I'd go in my purse for my ID, I'd get shot??

If you do so without being told to do so, after being told not to move, they will plug you whether you have a gun or not!

Are you being willfully stupid?

Nope. She is that way 24/7/365.

All praises to the NRA.

Hey guys! The term is waist bad, not waste band. A waste band is what liberals wear around their heads.

About three or four posters are repeatedly misusing the word.

The incident began when patrol officers on foot saw a man exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

"He looked like he may have something on him," Guglielmi said. "They go to question him and at that point a confrontation ensues and he is shot."

The man, who was armed, was taken to an area hospital where he died, Guglielmi said.

Officials: Chaotic scene erupts with angry crowd after fatal police shooting in South Shore
-------------------------------------------------------

do they mean armed after they put a gun on him, or armed while walking down the street? Do investigate everyone who is exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

To get back to one part of your original post......

You have several types of armed person....

1) the legally armed
a. experienced
b. novice

2) the illegally armed
a. the law abiding citizen carrying without a necessary permit ( in some states)
b. the criminal who cannot buy, own or carry a gun.

I think those are good starting points...

Cop's who walk the beat for years usually developed a kind of 6th sense when it comes spotting potential criminal behavior and taking them off our streets. ..... :thup:
You're right. And one reason for the exceptional acuity of police in visually detecting a concealed firearm is the experience afforded by their constant perception of off-duty police officers, all of whom carry concealed firearms. Certain characteristics common to concealed firearms eventually develop as a pre-conscious awareness.

All praises to the NRA.

Hey guys! The term is waist bad, not waste band. A waste band is what liberals wear around their heads.

About three or four posters are repeatedly misusing the word.

Thanks.
I wasn't sure but went with it anyway...thats what I get for being a slacker.

You know, what he doesn't get is the cop is doing a job, and the cop doesn't know who you are or what your intent is.... so as a law abiding citizen, it pays to be respectful and courteous to the officer.....

What I don't get? Let me ask you this and maybe you can learn me. What business does a cop have detaining a law abiding citizen in the f'irst place? What part of doing his job pertains to pissing all over a law abiding citizen's 4th amendment?

And what about compelling a law abiding citizen to speak? Do you understand the wonderful wisdom of the 1st amendment? And what of the 5th? And the 10th? Do you want to splain to me what I'm not understanding here about the specific powers delegated to these minions in our Constitution?

Show us that conservative wisdom of yours. I like to learn. Tell us what you know about the power your man from the government has to compel a law abiding citizen to speak. Hows that his job description? How's pissing on a law abiding coitizens 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 10th amendment part of your man's job description?

Last edited:

What I don't get? Let me ask you this and maybe you can learn me. What business does a cop have detaining a law abiding citizen in the f'irst place? What part of doing his job pertains to pissing all over a law abiding citizen's 4th amendment?

And what about compelling a law abiding citizen to speak? Do you understand the wonderful wisdom of the 1st amendment? And what of the 5th? And the 10th? Do you want to splain to me what I'm not understanding here about the specific powers delegated to these minions in our Constitution?

Show us that conservative wisdom of yours. I like to learn. Tell us what you know about the power your man from the government has to compel a law abiding citizen to speak.hows tha this job description?

You make sure you instruct those cops is just how much you know. Right up until the BLAMMO! After which we will all laugh at you. But you won't know because you will be dead.

...the MSM/BLM/blacks have been wrong so many times, that NO ONE cares if a black man gets shot
...they[ BLM /MSM] have created BLDM Black Lives Don't Matter by all their lies and bullshit
wolf wolf wolf wolf wolf --finally people just don't care
...we DON'T CARE anymore

You make sure you instruct those cops is just how much you know. Right up until the BLAMMO! After which we will all laugh at you. But you won't know because you will be dead.

Shut up. I'm talking Mr. 2nd amendment guy. Not you. Get back in your hole.

He's gonna teach us what he knows about the role of government and the powers delegated to it versus those which are not. He's gonna show us that conservative wisdom of his.

That's how people get shot. But they can feel superior as they lay leaking in the street.

A man just got publicly executed by men sent from the government with guns and for no other reason than they didn't like the way that he looked. He did nothing to anyone. He was minding his own business. And they executed him on the spot. In America.
sure---sure......
it doesn't matter anymore--we don't care

All praises to the NRA.
Not all states require you to notify a LEO you encounter that you're armed, but I've found that it's generally considered a courtesy to do so. Then there are others who would never reveal their armed status.

These days I suspect our law enforcment officers have instant access to that information. I recently read that the Maryland State Patrol uses licence plate scanners that allows them to tell if the registered owner has a concealed carry permit. The one thing I wasn't clear on though is if they are restricted to Maryland only or if encompasses other states as well.
seems so
...I just renewed my license plates online...I did not have to scan/produce/etc my inspections/insurance/etc or anything...I guess they already had that info
...the damn inet already has all kinds of my information
...so if you legally have a weapon, it should be in Maryland's system??
but what about ''grandfathered'' weapons?

The incident began when patrol officers on foot saw a man exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

"He looked like he may have something on him," Guglielmi said. "They go to question him and at that point a confrontation ensues and he is shot."

The man, who was armed, was taken to an area hospital where he died, Guglielmi said.

Officials: Chaotic scene erupts with angry crowd after fatal police shooting in South Shore
-------------------------------------------------------

do they mean armed after they put a gun on him, or armed while walking down the street? Do investigate everyone who is exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

I'd say one that has a firearm in their immediate possession. Like me right now.

I have a gun that shoots big bullets in my pocket.

Have you been approached by the police.
I was stopped/stalked by police for -------------------------------------------------walking to work!
and another time for -----------------------------------------------biking home from work
another time a cop stopped me for --------------------------biking to work

Forum List

Back