What are the US political goals in the Russia/Ukraine war?

The F if I know. Those idiots in Europe have been killing each other for 2,000 years including two world wars. Why are we being dragged into THEIR war again?

The F if I know. Those idiots in Europe have been killing each other for 2,000 years including two world wars. Why are we being dragged into THEIR war again?
Because we have a treaty/contract with them to exactly what we have been doing.

Came about because of the Non Proliferation Treaty that we signed during the Clinton administration.

Obama AND Trump BOTH ignored it with Russia's invasion and confiscation of Crimea.

But since Ukraine was about to become "Russia " and not Ukraine anymore. Biden had to do something or else our ability to make any treaties was about to go to nil.

Weaken Russia, sure. But when is it over? For how long will this war go on?

What is the political benefit to Biden to extend this war as long as possible?
How long the war goes on is pretty much up to Putin. As long as we’re not putting in actual combat troops, I don’t see the need to stop.

How long the war goes on is pretty much up to Putin. As long as we’re not putting in actual combat troops, I don’t see the need to stop.

The war was over 13 months ago. Biden and Nato fucked that pooch.

Well,
The longer this goes on and the more it costs Putin economically and politically the less likely that any other expansion plans he has had will be met with a resounding "Nyet".

This war was started because the Russians thought that Ukraine was weak militarily and weak willed over their independence from Russia. That they would welcome being part of the glorious high class USSR once again.

IOW they were self imported bigots. And they FAAFO the hard way that they themselves were anything but strong, strong willed, unified, and high class in comparison to the Ukranians. Ukranians were better than they were on EVERY front except with assets.

However it is kinda a thing right now as huge numbers of luxury vehicles and goods are being imported into Ukraine currently because of the lack of import taxes. (Not imposed during war)

It's also strange to see which American and Western brands are defying sanctions to Russia. Even though Russian malls are empty of people.

Forum List

Back