What are you doing here?

We are just going to have to chalk it down to whites will never understand what its like to be black, and blacks will never understand what its like to be white...in ANY scenario. Poor or middle class is poor or middle class. The only ones NOT in this equation are those who were born into wealth of any kind..their parents before them and their parents before them. Those who struggled to get where they are have their own obstacles they faced...and neither side will ever understand it unless they lived it. And...none of us lived during slavery days so.....
My mom lived in Mississippi post slavery and she told me it was horrible for Black people. My grandpa had to move them out after he killed some cracka that disrespected my grandmother. My grandmother told me the stories her mom and father told her about slavery and the same thing is pretty much echoed on my fathers side of the family so I have a pretty good understanding of what it was like. Now if that isnt enough you can hear from actual slaves if you listen to their interviews in the Library of Congress.

Voices from the Days of Slavery, Audio Interviews (American Memory from the Library of Congress)
I can totally understand blacks distrusting whites/police/etc
but when a criminal is shot for attacking/threatening and/or resists/etc--they really hurt their cause when they complain/protest about that ...really ridiculous

I honestly wonder what some people are doing here. Are you using this place to declare your hatred for black people and post every possible negative thing you can locate on the internet to somehow "prove" your position that they are morally and intellectually inferior to you? Do you hope, by doing so, that others will be convinced of your point of view and jump onto your badly broken bandwagon? Anyone with love and compassion in their hearts for others will not suddenly become haters because of what you choose to post.

Oh,but maybe you do all of this not to convince others, but to feed your egos, to feed your need to feel superior, or to feed your exaggerated sense of your own importance as masters of the universe. Sorry, God's already got that position taken.
Who are you even referring to?
The posters who are the storm front type and those who call black people apes and savages.

What about blm types that call whites honky, cracker and cave chimps?
It goes two ways, Delores.

Thanks for these. In cast people don't actually take the time to read them: this one came from Dear Scared White People:
"Listen. I get your fear. We live in a time where a bi-racial man is the President of the United States and was elected twice for the job. Black/hip-hop culture is now the dominant culture of choice for American youth. Gay culture is now bigger and more influential than ever. And I can’t forget the strong surge of Latino culture that’s grown in the past two decades. Yup, Black, brown, and gay folks are up in this b**ch now.

But, my anxious white friend, this doesn’t mean that you no longer have a place in this country. What this pop culture shift means is that everyone has seat at the new American table. Just because my sensibilities are finally being acknowledged, doesn’t mean that yours are being ignored. No person of color is actively looking to erase white culture (for lack of a better description) from this country’s historical continuum. I can pump up Bobby Brown, and you can blast Bon Jovi at the same party.

Since we’re having a discussion now, I’ll drop a little knowledge on you. Smart people embrace change. They don’t run from it. Those that resist change end up getting left behind. And, I’m assuming, you don’t want to get left behind."

THAT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE PUTTING WHITE PEOPLE DOWN TO ME. And the rest of the ones I read are simply black people voicing their opinions about what goes on in everyday life. For years in this country black people weren't allowed to have a say. Now that they have a platform, we need not get upset that they are so eloquently saying what's on their minds.

We are just going to have to chalk it down to whites will never understand what its like to be black, and blacks will never understand what its like to be white...in ANY scenario. Poor or middle class is poor or middle class. The only ones NOT in this equation are those who were born into wealth of any kind..their parents before them and their parents before them. Those who struggled to get where they are have their own obstacles they faced...and neither side will ever understand it unless they lived it. And...none of us lived during slavery days so.....
My mom lived in Mississippi post slavery and she told me it was horrible for Black people. My grandpa had to move them out after he killed some cracka that disrespected my grandmother. My grandmother told me the stories her mom and father told her about slavery and the same thing is pretty much echoed on my fathers side of the family so I have a pretty good understanding of what it was like. Now if that isnt enough you can hear from actual slaves if you listen to their interviews in the Library of Congress.

Voices from the Days of Slavery, Audio Interviews (American Memory from the Library of Congress)
but when a criminal is shot for attacking/threatening and/or resists/etc--they really hurt their cause when they complain/protest about that ...really ridiculous
Depends on who is saying the person is a criminal and it really depends on your perception of attacking/threatening. Whites think that Blacks should roll over and let someone violate them when they have done nothing wrong. Whites also tend to believe the police can try, convict, and penalize a person where they would be outraged if they were constantly subjected day after day to the same treatment. Another factor is the white experience with cops. Whites live with their cops. Good ole Bobby is your neighbor but when Bobby is working in the Black neighborhoods he turns into a violent racist sociopath. You guys dont have to deal with that Bobby.

Thanks for these. In cast people don't actually take the time to read them: this one came from Dear Scared White People:
"Listen. I get your fear. We live in a time where a bi-racial man is the President of the United States and was elected twice for the job. Black/hip-hop culture is now the dominant culture of choice for American youth. Gay culture is now bigger and more influential than ever. And I can’t forget the strong surge of Latino culture that’s grown in the past two decades. Yup, Black, brown, and gay folks are up in this b**ch now.

But, my anxious white friend, this doesn’t mean that you no longer have a place in this country. What this pop culture shift means is that everyone has seat at the new American table. Just because my sensibilities are finally being acknowledged, doesn’t mean that yours are being ignored. No person of color is actively looking to erase white culture (for lack of a better description) from this country’s historical continuum. I can pump up Bobby Brown, and you can blast Bon Jovi at the same party.

Since we’re having a discussion now, I’ll drop a little knowledge on you. Smart people embrace change. They don’t run from it. Those that resist change end up getting left behind. And, I’m assuming, you don’t want to get left behind."

THAT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE PUTTING WHITE PEOPLE DOWN TO ME. And the rest of the ones I read are simply black people voicing their opinions about what goes on in everyday life. For years in this country black people weren't allowed to have a say. Now that they have a platform, we need not get upset that they are so eloquently saying what's on their minds.
Is some or part or all of this your own words in response...or someone else's?

tl;dr
dont care.jpg

Why do you think they are calling whites honky, cracker, and cave chimps? They are just giving what they get.
And vice versa. Which makes my previous attempt of a point that has been ignored. In short...BOTH sides are not exempt in doing/saying/feeling/expressing the wrong things towards one another.

Depends on who is saying the person is a criminal and it really depends on your perception of attacking/threatening. Whites think that Blacks should roll over and let someone violate them when they have done nothing wrong. Whites also tend to believe the police can try, convict, and penalize a person where they would be outraged if they were constantly subjected day after day to the same treatment. Another factor is the white experience with cops. Whites live with their cops. Good ole Bobby is your neighbor but when Bobby is working in the Black neighborhoods he turns into a violent racist sociopath. You guys dont have to deal with that Bobby.
But...what about black cops involved in shootings or investigations of black crime?

Why do you think they are calling whites honky, cracker, and cave chimps? They are just giving what they get.
And vice versa. Which makes my previous attempt of a point that has been ignored. In short...BOTH sides are not exempt in doing/saying/feeling/expressing the wrong things towards one another.
From what I can recall whites started the name calling or are you forgetting your countrys racist history?.

From what I can recall whites started the name calling or are you forgetting your countrys racist history?.
How can I forget when its reminded 24/7?
Did you forget your own racist history against your own? Yours caught and sold. Whites bought. Which is worse or are both awful?

Everyone has had a platform to speak their minds for quite some time. I don't mind someone speaking their mind, the problem is you are only concerned with what black people have on their minds. If white people voice how they feel about anything, nobody but whites give a shit or whites are told who cares.

But...what about black cops involved in shootings or investigations of black crime?
Have you ever seen Boys in the Hood? Black cops typically are trying their hardest to play uncle tom for the white cops. A lot of times they hate the very fact that they themselves are Black and lash out at Black people worse than white cops.

Everyone has had a platform to speak their minds for quite some time. I don't mind someone speaking their mind, the problem is you are only concerned with what black people have on their minds. If white people voice how they feel about anything, nobody but whites give a shit or whites are told who cares.
That may have something to do with the fact that whites talk way too much and never listen. Or that they listen and deny whats going on as if they themselves were Black and lived it.

Have you ever seen Boys in the Hood? Black cops typically are trying their hardest to play uncle tom for the white cops. A lot of times they hate the very fact that they themselves are Black and lash out at Black people worse than white cops.
Or, perhaps they are just doing their job? Not all blacks are innocent, the same goes for all races.

How can I forget when its reminded 24/7?
Did you forget your own racist history against your own? Yours caught and sold. Whites bought. Which is worse or are both awful?
Youre doing the white person deflection thing again. What does two brothers calling each other names have to do with a stranger calling you a name?

Forum List

Back