What are you doing here?

However, the hatred and dehumanization behind the use of the 'n' word was historically meant to place black people in a position of inferiority.
If it is such an awful word designated to be historically inferior towards blacks...then blacks would not use it on each other, would they? This giving a pass to it depending on who says it is getting old.
The term when used by blacks is not the same. They have taken away the pain of it by making it their own and saying "My N." It comes out with a vibe of love and kinship, not hatred. Whites do not use it in the same way because they do not feel that love.
Oh bullshit!!!!! This is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard. LOVE? omg.

I think I'm done with the excuses and deflections and twistings.

/thread

Now...if you can or will....explain to me why blacks bust ass to kill other blacks? Gang against gang. Drive bys. Murder done by blacks against other blacks is rampant. Tell me why, in your opinion. And, what you yourself think of it.
I believe that segregation, lack of quality education, jobs and resources have led many people to desperation. Selling drugs is sometimes the only way young men can see to make money. Drugs and violence go together. And also I believe that since young black men have been told for so long that they are of no value, they feel they can take another life because it has no value and they see it as their own survival.
Excuses, Delores. And my question was aimed at ascl, but I doubt if he does anything different than you just did.
I'm still waiting on you to acknowledge your deflection and the point that whites started the name calling first. :laugh:

:biggrin: Have we sunk that far that anyone that actually READS A LOT and writes her own unique material is "plagiarizing" when they discuss? USED to be -- people quoting actual THINKERS was cool.

I appreciate it when folks discuss other people's ideas. Sometimes they are better than what springs from MOST message board dwellers. :funnyface: I'm very interested in folks spending a lot of time trying to remove the concept of race totally by declaration. EVEN IF --- it's contrary to their own legal best interests and culture/herittage. That's why I'm here in thread. Maybe trying to stop them before they damage themselves.

:eusa_angel:

She doesn't just borrow ideas and phrases, she copy/pastes them and tries to pass them off as her own.
No. I do not.

What about blm types that call whites honky, cracker and cave chimps?
It goes two ways, Delores.
I have seen some of that also and I don't like name calling by anybody. However, the hatred and dehumanization behind the use of the 'n' word was historically meant to place black people in a position of inferiority. Some other name calling is just name calling in retaliation.

I see another response that says I'm one-sided. Perhaps I am. If you had a child who was being constantly berated and picked on, would you not come to his defense? If you had a spouse who was being mistreated and called derogatory names, would you not defend them?

As a white person who has lived 24-7 with a black man and has seen and felt his pain, I cannot remain silent. As a white person who has lived in inner city black neighborhoods and seen and felt their pain, I cannot remain silent. As an individual who believes in liberty and justice for ALL, I cannot remain silent.
You write as if everyone in the inner city black neighborhoods are completely innocent. Blacks call each other the N word, but that seems to be excused. I don't like that word to be said to anybody. There are poor whites. I was berated as a child for being poor. I don't hold grudges, it just was the way it was. I got over it, I don't forget it, but it doesn't define me.

Now...if you can or will....explain to me why blacks bust ass to kill other blacks? Gang against gang. Drive bys. Murder done by blacks against other blacks is rampant. Tell me why, in your opinion. And, what you yourself think of it.
I believe that segregation, lack of quality education, jobs and resources have led many people to desperation. Selling drugs is sometimes the only way young men can see to make money. Drugs and violence go together. And also I believe that since young black men have been told for so long that they are of no value, they feel they can take another life because it has no value and they see it as their own survival.
It is a shame that you make excuses for people who can get off their asses and make something of themselves. Is it their appearance or behavior holding them back? Probably more than any other reason.

I have seen some of that also and I don't like name calling by anybody. However, the hatred and dehumanization behind the use of the 'n' word was historically meant to place black people in a position of inferiority. Some other name calling is just name calling in retaliation.

I see another response that says I'm one-sided. Perhaps I am. If you had a child who was being constantly berated and picked on, would you not come to his defense? If you had a spouse who was being mistreated and called derogatory names, would you not defend them?

As a white person who has lived 24-7 with a black man and has seen and felt his pain, I cannot remain silent. As a white person who has lived in inner city black neighborhoods and seen and felt their pain, I cannot remain silent. As an individual who believes in liberty and justice for ALL, I cannot remain silent.
You write as if everyone in the inner city black neighborhoods are completely innocent. Blacks call each other the N word, but that seems to be excused. I don't like that word to be said to anybody. There are poor whites. I was berated as a child for being poor. I don't hold grudges, it just was the way it was. I got over it, I don't forget it, but it doesn't define me.
No Blacks dont call each other the N word. Youre confused like most white people are. If a Black person is telling you that you are wrong you should learn to ask what is it that you are getting wrong instead of insisting you know what you are speaking about. It would be like me trying to tell a woman how menstrual cramps feel.

No Blacks dont call each other the N word. Youre confused like most white people are. If a Black person is telling you that you are wrong you should learn to ask what is it that you are getting wrong instead of insisting you know what you are speaking about. It would be like me trying to tell a woman how menstrual cramps feel.
Strange that blacks would pick a word that sounds degrading to call each other.

Strange that whites cant tell the difference between the two words. I dont even put it in the same category. It sounds more like negus to me than ******.

Strange that whites cant tell the difference between the two words. I dont even put it in the same category. It sounds more like negus to me than ******.
you know the word sound really similar

However, the hatred and dehumanization behind the use of the 'n' word was historically meant to place black people in a position of inferiority.
If it is such an awful word designated to be historically inferior towards blacks...then blacks would not use it on each other, would they? This giving a pass to it depending on who says it is getting old.
This is another white perception issue. Blacks call each other nigga not ******. And please dont tell me that it means the same thing or that its the same word.
I grew up in a black neighbor hood..after about 6th grade, I only had black friends....dressed black..talked black...listened to black music..called my own brothers the N-word...mostly blacks on our baseball team with a black coach ...when I went to a white HSschool, the others thought my brothers and I were ''different''....I never listened to the white radio stations
I listened to LTD, Commodores, --all the 70s black bands ....

the hood 's last white family moved out and a black family moved in...they kept giving us trouble/shit--racism? until I beat the crap out of one of them for giving us trouble--then our families became friends
we had blacks try and fight us sometimes...some even jumped my brother
I never became angry at blacks for this stuff....I never cared about race--white or black...
I wouldn't care about it now--but when these criminals --a lot career criminals---do what they do, get shot--and the black community does their crap--this ruins the community ..they are saying ''why are you shooting a criminal who is a threat''??
duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe to white people. They sound nothing alike to me. I have heard whites use the word and it sounds nothing like nigga. One thing I always ask whites when they are frustrated about this is why would you want to call someone a racial slur just because two people that know each other do it? I wouldnt walk up to two women and call one a bitch just because they were calling each other bitches.

Maybe to white people. They sound nothing alike to me. I have heard whites use the word and it sounds nothing like nigga. One thing I always ask whites when they are frustrated about this is why would you want to call someone a racial slur just because two people that know each other do it? I wouldnt walk up to two women and call one a bitch just because they were calling each other bitches.
I agree with that, but still don't know why someone would want to call another person a name that clearly sounds degrading. I don't use either word, so it isn't an issue for me. I just try to make sense out of shit.

I lived in Louisiana for over 23 years when my daughter was born and raised. She was berated on the school bus by a big black girl. I finally had to contact the school about it, they did nothing so we had to drive her to school every day and not let her ride the bus. She was small for her age and very kind and loved everyone. I don't hold anyone responsible for this other than the person who did this, and her parents for allowing it. My daughter is 41 today, she still loves everyone and is still a very kind soul.

I agree with that, but still don't know why someone would want to call another person a name that clearly sounds degrading. I don't use either word, so it isn't an issue for me. I just try to make sense out of shit.
It clearly sounds degrading.....to you. There are some Blacks who advocate not using nigga. Their rationale? It gives whites a reason to use the N word since they have a difficult time figuring out the difference. I personally dont subscribe to that theory as i will be damned if I let some white persons ignorance dictate what word I use when addressing my friends. Now this is what the word sounds like.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-26-at-12.27.16-AM.png

We are just going to have to chalk it down to whites will never understand what its like to be black, and blacks will never understand what its like to be white...in ANY scenario. Poor or middle class is poor or middle class. The only ones NOT in this equation are those who were born into wealth of any kind..their parents before them and their parents before them. Those who struggled to get where they are have their own obstacles they faced...and neither side will ever understand it unless they lived it. And...none of us lived during slavery days so.....
My mom lived in Mississippi post slavery and she told me it was horrible for Black people. My grandpa had to move them out after he killed some cracka that disrespected my grandmother. My grandmother told me the stories her mom and father told her about slavery and the same thing is pretty much echoed on my fathers side of the family so I have a pretty good understanding of what it was like. Now if that isnt enough you can hear from actual slaves if you listen to their interviews in the Library of Congress.

Voices from the Days of Slavery, Audio Interviews (American Memory from the Library of Congress)
I can totally understand blacks distrusting whites/police/etc
but when a criminal is shot for attacking/threatening and/or resists/etc--they really hurt their cause when they complain/protest about that ...really ridiculous
Depends on who is saying the person is a criminal and it really depends on your perception of attacking/threatening. Whites think that Blacks should roll over and let someone violate them when they have done nothing wrong. Whites also tend to believe the police can try, convict, and penalize a person where they would be outraged if they were constantly subjected day after day to the same treatment. Another factor is the white experience with cops. Whites live with their cops. Good ole Bobby is your neighbor but when Bobby is working in the Black neighborhoods he turns into a violent racist sociopath. You guys dont have to deal with that Bobby.
I saw one cop on video that did not shoot anyone, did not assault or physically abuse anyone, etc--but I think--in the least-- he should've been kicked off the force...he was verbally abusing some people in a car--that were doing nothing wrong
..so, it's not like everyone is for abusive cops
sure, there are cops out there who will be human and really abuse their power....
there are some that want to be ''heroes'' by using their pistol
..but if the evidence doesn't show manslaughter/murder, it's not manslaughter/murder

LOL, Jane Elliot sounds like a racist against Whites, trying to belittle anyone with Blue eyes.
Jane Elliott's method of educating, which she has used for many years, is to create an opportunity for people to experience, just once, what it is like to be hated and mistreated because of something you have no control over - like eye or skin color.The hope is that such understanding will bring about empathy for others who have been singled out for discrimination.

We are just going to have to chalk it down to whites will never understand what its like to be black, and blacks will never understand what its like to be white...in ANY scenario. Poor or middle class is poor or middle class. The only ones NOT in this equation are those who were born into wealth of any kind..their parents before them and their parents before them. Those who struggled to get where they are have their own obstacles they faced...and neither side will ever understand it unless they lived it. And...none of us lived during slavery days so.....
My mom lived in Mississippi post slavery and she told me it was horrible for Black people. My grandpa had to move them out after he killed some cracka that disrespected my grandmother. My grandmother told me the stories her mom and father told her about slavery and the same thing is pretty much echoed on my fathers side of the family so I have a pretty good understanding of what it was like. Now if that isnt enough you can hear from actual slaves if you listen to their interviews in the Library of Congress.

Voices from the Days of Slavery, Audio Interviews (American Memory from the Library of Congress)
but when a criminal is shot for attacking/threatening and/or resists/etc--they really hurt their cause when they complain/protest about that ...really ridiculous
Depends on who is saying the person is a criminal and it really depends on your perception of attacking/threatening. Whites think that Blacks should roll over and let someone violate them when they have done nothing wrong. Whites also tend to believe the police can try, convict, and penalize a person where they would be outraged if they were constantly subjected day after day to the same treatment. Another factor is the white experience with cops. Whites live with their cops. Good ole Bobby is your neighbor but when Bobby is working in the Black neighborhoods he turns into a violent racist sociopath. You guys dont have to deal with that Bobby.
I saw one cop on video that did not shoot anyone, did not assault or physically abuse anyone, etc--but I think--in the least-- he should've been kicked off the force...he was verbally abusing some people in a car--that were doing nothing wrong
sure, there are cops out there who will be human and really abuse their power....
..but if the evidence doesn't show manslaughter/murder, it's not manslaughter/murder
I can agree with that. The problem is whites tend to do all sorts of mental gymnastic trying to prove either the Black person was in the wrong or the cops were in the right. Reminds me of how they beat the shit out of King and it was caught on video. I was astounded they got off by the lawyer saying they werent really hitting him.

Whites love to make a profile on Black people. They be like "He smoked weed in the 8th grade. Obviously he was a deranged lunatic"

LOL, Jane Elliot sounds like a racist against Whites, trying to belittle anyone with Blue eyes.
Jane Elliott's method of educating, which she has used for many years, is to create an opportunity for people to experience, just once, what it is like to be hated and mistreated because of something you have no control over - like eye or skin color.The hope is that such understanding will bring about empathy for others who have been singled out for discrimination.
Yeah her findings are amazing. I was surprised it took such a small amount of time for the symptoms to show.

I can agree with that. The problem is whites tend to do all sorts of mental gymnastic trying to prove either the Black person was in the wrong or the cops were in the right. Reminds me of how they beat the shit out of King and it was caught on video. I was astounded they got off by the lawyer saying they werent really hitting him.

Whites love to make a profile on Black people. They be like "He smoked weed in the 8th grade. Obviously he was a deranged lunatic"
I smoked weed in the 8th grade LOL. I guess I was a lunatic too. Rodney King wasn't the only victim. Remember when black people pulled Reginald Denny from his truck and beat him? Denny was innocent.

Forum List

Back