What are you doing here?

What about blm types that call whites honky, cracker and cave chimps?
It goes two ways, Delores.
I have seen some of that also and I don't like name calling by anybody. However, the hatred and dehumanization behind the use of the 'n' word was historically meant to place black people in a position of inferiority. Some other name calling is just name calling in retaliation.

I see another response that says I'm one-sided. Perhaps I am. If you had a child who was being constantly berated and picked on, would you not come to his defense? If you had a spouse who was being mistreated and called derogatory names, would you not defend them?

As a white person who has lived 24-7 with a black man and has seen and felt his pain, I cannot remain silent. As a white person who has lived in inner city black neighborhoods and seen and felt their pain, I cannot remain silent. As an individual who believes in liberty and justice for ALL, I cannot remain silent.

You sure as hell can't stay silent. You've proven that point to death. Apparently, you also can't see how self-serving and condescending your ridiculous attitude is.

I honestly wonder what some people are doing here. Are you using this place to declare your hatred for black people and post every possible negative thing you can locate on the internet to somehow "prove" your position that they are morally and intellectually inferior to you? Do you hope, by doing so, that others will be convinced of your point of view and jump onto your badly broken bandwagon? Anyone with love and compassion in their hearts for others will not suddenly become haters because of what you choose to post.

Oh,but maybe you do all of this not to convince others, but to feed your egos, to feed your need to feel superior, or to feed your exaggerated sense of your own importance as masters of the universe. Sorry, God's already got that position taken.
Who are you even referring to?
The posters who are the storm front type and those who call black people apes and savages.
... And they are?

My mom lived in Mississippi post slavery and she told me it was horrible for Black people. My grandpa had to move them out after he killed some cracka that disrespected my grandmother. My grandmother told me the stories her mom and father told her about slavery and the same thing is pretty much echoed on my fathers side of the family so I have a pretty good understanding of what it was like. Now if that isnt enough you can hear from actual slaves if you listen to their interviews in the Library of Congress.

Voices from the Days of Slavery, Audio Interviews (American Memory from the Library of Congress)
I can totally understand blacks distrusting whites/police/etc
but when a criminal is shot for attacking/threatening and/or resists/etc--they really hurt their cause when they complain/protest about that ...really ridiculous
Depends on who is saying the person is a criminal and it really depends on your perception of attacking/threatening. Whites think that Blacks should roll over and let someone violate them when they have done nothing wrong. Whites also tend to believe the police can try, convict, and penalize a person where they would be outraged if they were constantly subjected day after day to the same treatment. Another factor is the white experience with cops. Whites live with their cops. Good ole Bobby is your neighbor but when Bobby is working in the Black neighborhoods he turns into a violent racist sociopath. You guys dont have to deal with that Bobby.
I saw one cop on video that did not shoot anyone, did not assault or physically abuse anyone, etc--but I think--in the least-- he should've been kicked off the force...he was verbally abusing some people in a car--that were doing nothing wrong
..so, it's not like everyone is for abusive cops
sure, there are cops out there who will be human and really abuse their power....
there are some that want to be ''heroes'' by using their pistol
..but if the evidence doesn't show manslaughter/murder, it's not manslaughter/murder
I can agree with that. The problem is whites tend to do all sorts of mental gymnastic trying to prove either the Black person was in the wrong or the cops were in the right. Reminds me of how they beat the shit out of King and it was caught on video. I was astounded they got off by the lawyer saying they werent really hitting him.

Whites love to make a profile on Black people. They be like "He smoked weed in the 8th grade. Obviously he was a deranged lunatic"
I smoked weed in the 8th grade LOL. I guess I was a lunatic too. Rodney King wasn't the only victim. Remember when black people pulled Reginald Denny from his truck and beat him? Denny was innocent.
None of those Black people were cops though. Apples to apples.

I have seen some of that also and I don't like name calling by anybody. However, the hatred and dehumanization behind the use of the 'n' word was historically meant to place black people in a position of inferiority. Some other name calling is just name calling in retaliation.

I see another response that says I'm one-sided. Perhaps I am. If you had a child who was being constantly berated and picked on, would you not come to his defense? If you had a spouse who was being mistreated and called derogatory names, would you not defend them?

As a white person who has lived 24-7 with a black man and has seen and felt his pain, I cannot remain silent. As a white person who has lived in inner city black neighborhoods and seen and felt their pain, I cannot remain silent. As an individual who believes in liberty and justice for ALL, I cannot remain silent.

You sure as hell can't stay silent. You've proven that point to death. Apparently, you also can't see how self-serving and condescending your ridiculous attitude is.
How can she be condescending? Shes white herself. Shes just speaking truth from what she has experienced and from seeing what her loved ones have experienced.

LOL, Jane Elliot sounds like a racist against Whites, trying to belittle anyone with Blue eyes.
Jane Elliott's method of educating, which she has used for many years, is to create an opportunity for people to experience, just once, what it is like to be hated and mistreated because of something you have no control over - like eye or skin color.The hope is that such understanding will bring about empathy for others who have been singled out for discrimination.

Yeah, that "method" is also known as "abuse." Way to go.

I can totally understand blacks distrusting whites/police/etc
but when a criminal is shot for attacking/threatening and/or resists/etc--they really hurt their cause when they complain/protest about that ...really ridiculous
Depends on who is saying the person is a criminal and it really depends on your perception of attacking/threatening. Whites think that Blacks should roll over and let someone violate them when they have done nothing wrong. Whites also tend to believe the police can try, convict, and penalize a person where they would be outraged if they were constantly subjected day after day to the same treatment. Another factor is the white experience with cops. Whites live with their cops. Good ole Bobby is your neighbor but when Bobby is working in the Black neighborhoods he turns into a violent racist sociopath. You guys dont have to deal with that Bobby.
I saw one cop on video that did not shoot anyone, did not assault or physically abuse anyone, etc--but I think--in the least-- he should've been kicked off the force...he was verbally abusing some people in a car--that were doing nothing wrong
sure, there are cops out there who will be human and really abuse their power....
..but if the evidence doesn't show manslaughter/murder, it's not manslaughter/murder
I can agree with that. The problem is whites tend to do all sorts of mental gymnastic trying to prove either the Black person was in the wrong or the cops were in the right. Reminds me of how they beat the shit out of King and it was caught on video. I was astounded they got off by the lawyer saying they werent really hitting him.

Whites love to make a profile on Black people. They be like "He smoked weed in the 8th grade. Obviously he was a deranged lunatic"
I smoked weed in the 8th grade LOL. I guess I was a lunatic too. Rodney King wasn't the only victim. Remember when black people pulled Reginald Denny from his truck and beat him? Denny was innocent.
The cops who beat King had a hard time controlling him because he was high on PCP. I do still believe they definitely used brutal force, which was probably not necessary. I still say, had he complied with the cops he may not have been beaten, but this is not an excuse for the beatings.

LOL, Jane Elliot sounds like a racist against Whites, trying to belittle anyone with Blue eyes.
Jane Elliott's method of educating, which she has used for many years, is to create an opportunity for people to experience, just once, what it is like to be hated and mistreated because of something you have no control over - like eye or skin color.The hope is that such understanding will bring about empathy for others who have been singled out for discrimination.

What category would you say racism falls under physiologically?

The cops who beat King had a hard time controlling him because he was high on PCP. I do still believe they definitely used brutal force, which was probably not necessary. I still say, had he complied with the cops he may not have been beaten, but this is not an excuse for the beatings.
They didnt appear to be trying to control him. They were just beating the shit out of him. What was the plan? Beat him until he was unconscious so he wouldnt curl up?

Like I've told others - you are free not to read anything I post.

They didnt appear to be trying to control him. They were just beating the shit out of him. What was the plan? Beat him until he was unconscious so he wouldnt curl up?
Those cops should have been held accountable. No reason to beat someone unless they are attacking you. Clearly there were enough cops there to get the situation under control.

Like I've told others - you are free not to read anything I post.

You are also free to get over yourself.

Those cops should have been held accountable. No reason to beat someone unless they are attacking you. Clearly there were enough cops there to get the situation under control.
Have a good night. Time to play Bingo Blitz lol. I like our discussions.

There are white and black people who are racist against each other. FACT.
I wonder what would happen if we all just gave up our 'racial id's' - just like Morgan Freeman suggests?
Is anyone going to call him an Uncle Tom?
I wouldnt call him a uncle tom. Is he toeing the line? Yep.
I love being Black. Thats what I am. You cant understand me as a person if you pretend you dont see what my race is.

Not

Not by everyone. There are always people who criticize what they don't approve of. And even if it is minor, temporary abuse, those who experience it begin to understand what it's been like for others who have been abused for years and years, not just for one afternoon session.

Not

Not by everyone. There are always people who criticize what they don't approve of. And even if it is minor, temporary abuse, those who experience it begin to understand what it's been like for others who have been abused for years and years, not just for one afternoon session.
So you want to stop people from criticising stuff they disapprove of?

I love being Black. Thats what I am. You cant understand me as a person if you pretend you dont see what my race is.

I don't love being any particular skin color. It does not make me who I am. And to understand you is to see what your race is?? Really? I can't understand you or appreciate you or dislike you because of who you are and not what color you are? I don't see your skin. I see YOU, in what little I can see from written words. You are putting blocks up with that mindset and I find it quite sad. But, you are not alone in this thinking. That is why racism will never die. On either side.

I don't love being any particular skin color. It does not make me who I am. And to understand you is to see what your race is?? Really? I can't understand you or appreciate you or dislike you because of who you are and not what color you are? I don't see your skin. I see YOU, in what little I can see from written words. You are putting blocks up with that mindset and I find it quite sad. But, you are not alone in this thinking. That is why racism will never die. On either side.
Correct. You cant possibly understand or know me if you cant see that I am Black. My lifes experiences are the way that they are because I am Black. My philosophy on life is Afrocentric like my ancestors. If you refuse to or pretend not to see that then there is absolutely no way you can know me because there is no common starting point. You can only know me on a superficial level. Think of it in this way. If I saw you as just a female animal instead of human female how vast would the difference be between what I only allowed myself to see and what you actually are?

Not

So you want to stop people from criticising stuff they disapprove of?
I have to ask. Where do you see her saying she wants anyone to stop criticizing things they disapprove of?

Forum List

Back