🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What ARENT we doing for vets!?

This is a big mantra this election. That we "are Not doing enough for vets!" How so ?

If anything We do TOO MUCH for vets . the VA should be for vets who were lifers and /or injured as a result of thier service .

Instead, so much vet money goes to ex soildiers who really don't need the help.

My brother was in the marines in the late 80s. Did his stint, got out , has a good job and bennies like health insurance . Does he need any vet bennies ? Whether it be subsidized loans or va health care. It's not like he was drafted , he joined on his own.

I hope we can have a discussion on this and not be attacked by the PC police .

I will bet your brother doesn't use any VA benefits. I served and I get practically nothing.
If you did not serve 20 years or more, you have not earned many benefits. You do get VA health care. You also get a one time VA backed home loan.

And that's about it.

I've used it once, 25 years ago, to determine my level of disability.

Now that the wife is retiring, may have to use it
I've seen a lot of disability fraud by vets. A lot.

Not saying you are one of them. ;)

But the massive waste, fraud, and abuse of the veteran disability program really pisses me off.

This is a big mantra this election. That we "are Not doing enough for vets!" How so ?

If anything We do TOO MUCH for vets . the VA should be for vets who were lifers and /or injured as a result of thier service .

My brother was in the marines in the late 80s. Did his stint, got out , has a good job and bennies like health insurance . Does he need any vet bennies ? Whether it be subsidized loans or va health care. It's not like he was drafted , he joined on his own.

WOW! The libtard mindset.....is just disgusting.

Sorry if I'm not being PC enough for you .

The point is to use vet money for those who really need it .

I know this guy who's a state trooper . Formally Military . He makes really good money . Does he need a subsidized loan to redo his kitchen ? Really? Is that the true purpose of the program ?

But the massive waste, fraud, and abuse of the veteran disability program really pisses me off.

Only get 10%, for low lumbar strain.

Not interested in pushing it higher

Oh, one other benefit of being a vet is you can get USAA insurance.

That's HUGE. They are much cheaper than everyone else.

I used to use GEICO back when it was the Government Employeee Insurance COmpany. That's where the name comes from. Probably not a lot of people know that.

When it was just for government employees and vets, it was awesome. Now it is open to everyone and not so great any more.

I know this guy who's a state trooper . Formally Military . He makes really good money . Does he need a subsidized loan to redo his kitchen ? Really? Is that the true purpose of the program ?

Does he need a subsidized loan to redo his kitchen ?

It's a loan, he has to pay it back.

or dont' you understand that?

Only get 10%, for low lumbar strain.

Not interested in pushing it higher
Good for you. Most people push for 30 percent disability because a lot of other benefits kick in at that level. That's one of the worst abuses which occur.

Shouldn't their be some means testing too? Like wh regular disability ?

You could literrally be making 6 figures , and your life long disability check is the same as some other similar vet who lives only off his disability check .

Yes, that is the true purpose of the program, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is a small benefit which was earned through his service and sacrifice.

Subsidized . Don't u understand that ?

Shouldn't their be some means testing too? Like wh regular disability ?

Perhaps. I have never given any thought to that idea.

It's a lower interest rate loan than he would normally get. That's big savings.

If you've endangered yourself for others or this country then I've got no problems with these types of packages. Military, cops, firefighters, emts etc.

For me it's a risk-return thing. They took the risk, they should garner that return.

Yes, that is the true purpose of the program, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is a small benefit which was earned through his service and sacrifice.

He didn't sacrifice . He wasn't drafted . He chose to go in. He wasn't injured or disabled .
Joining was really the best thing he did !

He didn't sacrifice .

OMFG you can't be serious

He didn't sacrifice .

Looks like timmy did it again

th

I am farrrrrrrrrr less offended by vet programs than I am needless pork projects that gets shoved into bills by politicians when nobodys looking.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH !

He didn't sacrifice . He wasn't drafted . He chose to go in. He wasn't injured or disabled .
You have no idea what kind of sacrifices he made.

Unless he was an Air Force pussy. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Ahem. Excuse me. Sorry about that.

Anyway, even though I was painfully aware of some of the sacrifices I made during my 20+ years, the full impact of all the sacrifices I had made did not hit home until I retired and started trying to live as a civilian.

Then I spent a long time being really pissed off.

He didn't sacrifice .

I am . Don't me such a military complex stooge .

Conservatives want to send troops into harms way and create more disabled - injured vets . Then complain about the VA and have no real ideas on how to improve things .

YOU put up with a DI for 6 weeks of basic. Sacrifice begins the second you step off the bus.

~snort

Forum List

Back