🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What ARENT we doing for vets!?

WOW! The libtard mindset.....is just disgusting.

Sorry if I'm not being PC enough for you .

The point is to use vet money for those who really need it .

I know this guy who's a state trooper . Formally Military . He makes really good money . Does he need a subsidized loan to redo his kitchen ? Really? Is that the true purpose of the program ?
Yes, that is the true purpose of the program, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is a small benefit which was earned through his service and sacrifice.

He didn't sacrifice .

OMFG you can't be serious

I am . Don't me such a military complex stooge .

Conservatives want to send troops into harms way and create more disabled - injured vets . Then complain about the VA and have no real ideas on how to improve things .

I'm defending people that serve this nation with honor and pride, your comment they don't sacrifice reveals how ill informed you are

WOW! The libtard mindset.....is just disgusting.

I know this guy who's a state trooper . Formally Military . He makes really good money . Does he need a subsidized loan to redo his kitchen ? Really? Is that the true purpose of the program ?
Yes, that is the true purpose of the program, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is a small benefit which was earned through his service and sacrifice.

He didn't sacrifice .

Conservatives want to send troops into harms way and create more disabled - injured vets . Then complain about the VA and have no real ideas on how to improve things .
Nobody said life was supposed to be fair. Some vets really get screwed, and some guys end up with really good educations and cushy jobs ... and don't even get separated from their familes as much as others. If you said vets were no more sacrificing than someone who teaches in an inner city really trying to make a difference, I'd agree. But some teachers can take a 20, get a masters while working, and out, and go into industry with a PhD.

But if medical care was promised when a person enlists, it should be available.

He didn't sacrifice .

Nobody said life was supposed to be fair. Some vets really get screwed, and some guys end up with really good educations and cushy jobs ... and don't even get separated from their familes as much as others. If you said vets were no more sacrificing than someone who teaches in an inner city really trying to make a difference, I'd agree. But some teachers can take a 20, get a masters while working, and out, and go into industry with a PhD.

I agree a deal is a deal. But going forward, use the VA resources on disabled and or lifers would relieve pressure on the VA and they can focus on doing a good job.

This is a big mantra this election. That we "are Not doing enough for vets!" How so ?

If anything We do TOO MUCH for vets . the VA should be for vets who were lifers and /or injured as a result of thier service .

Instead, so much vet money goes to ex soildiers who really don't need the help.

My brother was in the marines in the late 80s. Did his stint, got out , has a good job and bennies like health insurance . Does he need any vet bennies ? Whether it be subsidized loans or va health care. It's not like he was drafted , he joined on his own.

I hope we can have a discussion on this and not be attacked by the PC police .

If you've endangered yourself for others or this country then I've got no problems with these types of packages. Military, cops, firefighters, emts etc.

For me it's a risk-return thing. They took the risk, they should garner that return.
I agree

He didn't sacrifice .

I agree a deal is a deal. But going forward, use the VA resources on disabled and or lifers would relieve pressure on the VA and they can focus on doing a good job.
I think that's a good point. IF a HEALTHY vet and his/her family can be "given" a top tier Obamacare plan with no out of pocket/deductible, then maybe a lot can be saved on the VA. IF some guy comes back without a limb or PTSD or something, then he/she should get stuff not available to ordinary people. And, like I said along the way, the job the VAs doing in reaching out to homeless vets is good, and it's been about 40 years overdue.

This is a big mantra this election. That we "are Not doing enough for vets!" How so ?

If anything We do TOO MUCH for vets . the VA should be for vets who were lifers and /or injured as a result of thier service .

My brother was in the marines in the late 80s. Did his stint, got out , has a good job and bennies like health insurance . Does he need any vet bennies ? Whether it be subsidized loans or va health care. It's not like he was drafted , he joined on his own.

One complaint I have heard is that Vets have to wait incredibly long amounts of time for treatment....
And they have to travel hundreds of miles to a center for treatment....

Ok...That's two things that come to mind.

If u live far from a major city you probably are far from a va hospital .

Is the VA medical setup outdated ? Why not just "obamacare " these guys so they can use local doctors ?

Why not just "obamacare " these guys so they can use local doctors ?

Look up Tricare.

It was around long before Obama

Tricare for Life is only for RETIRED service members and their families.

One complaint I have heard is that Vets have to wait incredibly long amounts of time for treatment....

Is the VA medical setup outdated ? Why not just "obamacare " these guys so they can use local doctors ?

Look up Tricare.

Say you retire and start working somewhere else, say you become a teacher . You can still just use tricare even if you have health insurance available as a teacher ?

Look up Tricare.

Which is why I"ll be looking into it

I don't use the VA. I'm more fortunate than most though, my company furnishes my insurance. I did go to college under the G.I. Bill though. I probably would not have gone to college without it.

Look up Tricare.

Say you retire and start working somewhere else, say you become a teacher . You can still just use tricare even if you have health insurance available as a teacher ?

Tricare for Life is available to retirees whether they're double-dippers or no. If you go to work for a company that offers health insurance, that becomes your primary insurance. You may, however, continue to seek care at a military hospital without paying for it.

So, if you don't live near an active military facility, you end up having to use only what your civilian insurance provides.

It's not what you're doing...it's what you are fucking up while you're trying to do it. It's run by the gummint, remember.

It's not what you're doing...it's what you are fucking up while you're trying to do it. It's run by the gummint, remember.

Well now that we have sort of universal care, the VA model is becoming obsolete .

Well now that we have sort of universal care, the VA model is becoming obsolete .

What part of veterans are entitled to free care are you unable to grasp?

Arent you one of those always bitching about big gov and the deficiet?

Well the money saved on the VA , which apparently isn't working , can be moved to get them obamacare instead.

Universally disinterested. Just hope you stay healthy.

Well the money saved on the VA , which apparently isn't working , can be moved to get them obamacare instead.
Obamacare isn't working either...duh.

Obamacare isn't working either...duh.

YOu shouldn't have posted that.

Now he needs to make another appointment with his anal yst

sorry, had to fix the typo

It's not working properly or how it was designed. But the number of uninsured folks continues to drop.
Vets make just enough with retirement not to qualify for subsidies. Why would they want to use Obamacare?

Forum List

Back