What can Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot do about crime that she already has not?

He makes no sense. He dreams of North Korea.
I don't think it's a matter of policies as so much as it is a matter of leadership.

Lightfoot has shown a long history of happily throwing the CPD under the bus, such as she did with the Adam Toledo shooting, which eventually her partner in crime, Kim Foxx, had to admit was justified.

Lightfoot also showed a willingness to appease the BLM Protesters with actions like forbidding foot chases or taking down the statues of Christopher Columbus.

And, yes, police officers have been retiring or quitting the CPD for a while.

Rahm Emmanual actually presided over a decline in violence. Between 2016 and 2019, shootings in Chicago dropped 36%. But then they shot up 32% in 2020. Is that Litefoot's fault? Nope. The Riots and Covid were contributing factors.

And how did she throw them under the bus? But throwing CPD under the bus for bad behavior, has nothing to do with crime.

Appease BLM? I don't have a problem with that. Don't see what it has to do with failing on crime. But I don't see how you link the foot pursuit to Lightfoot; David Brown(The Police) is the one who crafted it. And people were whining about her long before this was implemented, nor does it predate the advent of the crime increase. But The policy is mostly to protect the police, in my opinion. And if you listen to the scanners, it would seem that each individual police has a wide array of discretion over choosing to pursue or not. So officers are to be blamed in that regard.

Where are you getting those figures? I am paraphrasing the actual Police Chief who stated that crime was rising, and I specifically remember this because I was once an advocate of the things he(Ian McCarthy) was saying. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/03/chicago-murder-rate-is-way-up-this-year.html
But like I said, crime has always been a thing before these ostensibly woke policies, it is just more likely to affect white people. We didn't hear about it before that. The marginal increase is due to the pandemic.

People criticize her but they never give specifics. Conservatives act as if not endorsing their Conservative-Marxist, unconstitutional policing policies, or Nob slobbing Blue Lives Pigs, means that you are soft on crime. Crime in Chicago was already trending up during Rahm Emanuel; lack of police was also a problem under Rahm Emanuel; yet I've seen many people whining about this as if it is a new precedent. The white people complaining about crime weren't complaining about it when it was happening to black and brown neighborhoods. Now they care that the crime is happening more often in the white neighborhoods(funny how we have race based neighborhoods btw. CRT confirmed).

Moving one’s family as far away from leftists created crime ridden hell holes is not CRT. It’s human nature no matter the color of your skin.

Lori Lightfoot has nothing to do with that, dummy. It's called division of powers. Probably wanna understand the bare basic of our politics before you have an opinion.
Is Lightfoot a far left liberal? Are the prosecutors who don't prosecute crimes far left liberals? Who pray tell would you hold responsible for this?

He was the only pro-America President we have had in the last 20 years. Get a clue.

Well, he was pro-WHITE American...

Maybe pro the less than half of the country that voted for him.

But as they say,t he proof is in the pudding.

a million dead from Covid, which started on his watch
65 million jobs lost
165,000 businesses shuttered
Riots in the streets.

Trump did more damage to America than all our enemies in history combined... and you are still thanking him for it.

People criticize her but they never give specifics. Conservatives act as if not endorsing their Conservative-Marxist, unconstitutional policing policies, or Nob slobbing Blue Lives Pigs, means that you are soft on crime. Crime in Chicago was already trending up during Rahm Emanuel; lack of police was also a problem under Rahm Emanuel; yet I've seen many people whining about this as if it is a new precedent. The white people complaining about crime weren't complaining about it when it was happening to black and brown neighborhoods. Now they care that the crime is happening more often in the white neighborhoods(funny how we have race based neighborhoods btw. CRT confirmed).
Everyone complained. Do not lie. Additionally, she doesn't have the power that is needed to make the necessary changes.

And how did she throw them under the bus? But throwing CPD under the bus for bad behavior, has nothing to do with crime.

Appease BLM? I don't have a problem with that. Don't see what it has to do with failing on crime. But I don't see how you link the foot pursuit to Lightfoot; David Brown(The Police) is the one who crafted it. And people were whining about her long before this was implemented, nor does it predate the advent of the crime increase. But The policy is mostly to protect the police, in my opinion. And if you listen to the scanners, it would seem that each individual police has a wide array of discretion over choosing to pursue or not. So officers are to be blamed in that regard.

Where are you getting those figures? I am paraphrasing the actual Police Chief who stated that crime was rising, and I specifically remember this because I was once an advocate of the things he(Ian McCarthy) was saying. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/03/chicago-murder-rate-is-way-up-this-year.html
But like I said, crime has always been a thing before these ostensibly woke policies, it is just more likely to affect white people. We didn't hear about it before that. The marginal increase is due to the pandemic.

A 32% increase in the shooting rate between 2019 and 2020 is not "marginal".

I think Lightfoot is a good person, but she's not cut out for the job.

A 32% increase in the shooting rate between 2019 and 2020 is not "marginal".

I think Lightfoot is a good person, but she's not cut out for the job.
Is Lightfoot a far left liberal? Are the prosecutors who don't prosecute crimes far left liberals? Who pray tell would you hold responsible for this?
Not Lightfoot. She doesn't have the power to prosecute.

Not Lightfoot. She doesn't have the power to prosecute.
Lightfoot is part of the problem, Thomas. You've got a liberal Mayor who's policies don't allow Police to do their jobs to keep the streets safe. Then you've got liberal prosecutors who's policies don't keep violent offenders off of the streets.

Claiming that Lightfoot doesn't have "power" is simply an excuse. She does. She misuses the power that she has.

So, blacks are comitting a lot of crime is ultimately the point you just made.

When you remove the faux racism, take out the opinion based comments about police and whitey then the only actual facts left behind is that blacks are criminals.

Thank you for justifying the evidence in Chicago black crime is the problem.

Lightfoot is part of the problem, Thomas. You've got a liberal Mayor who's policies don't allow Police to do their jobs to keep the streets safe. Then you've got liberal prosecutors who's policies don't keep violent offenders off of the streets.

Claiming that Lightfoot doesn't have "power" is simply an excuse. She does. She misuses the power that she has.
Ok, What policies are those and include citations. You haven't proved anything besides reasserting my point of contention .

Just admit you like the way Chicago is being run. In fact, you LOVE it, don't you?

I refuse to embrace racism, unconstitutionality, and abridgement of freedoms. I would think you as a conservative would understand that. I remember Trump said that "he would be leaving in a stretcher back in the good old days". That sort of Marxism was quite common, and I think that's why you have zero trust of the police in the inner cities. No, it is the Police that needs to repent and get on board with Constitutional policing, or they will continue to be rightfully rejected by many.

But all those things you mentioned, the mayor has no control over. It's the DA. I don't agree with these DAs, but I do understand the people and why they voted for them. It again goes back to Marxism and racism. Without that being addressed, those people will continue to vote in these people.
If Americans Don't Hang 'Em High, We Will Be Laid Low.

Subhuman criminals are outside the protection of the Constitution; that's why they're called "outlaws." In a terminal America where rights are granted to both killers of our troops and invaders, it's no wonder that the Globalist Quislings go out of their way to protect and abet crimes against Americans. Criminal rights are a weapon of treason; so are civil rights for races of proven criminality.

Last edited:
Put Obama in charge of Chicago. That will fix everything.

Forum List

Back