"What did we do to make them so angry at US?"

You come off very much like a stereotypical dingbat old bitty trying to parse her "worldliness" into a deep understanding of global events. I can only go by what you write. If I am wrong, then a thousand pardons.

You come off as someone who has no mature intellectual ability at all and has to bulk up his opinions with mudslinging because they are essentially entirely vapid. Anyone who thinks that the current state of Christianity has evolved into a more sophisticated approach to life is truly without the ability to see below the surface. In fact, it is the most Christian of Americans who are the most violent and primitive, being in favor of vengence and killing to a far greater extent than those less religious. All one has to do is read the threads on this message board to see that. Your argumentative and intelletual skills speak for themselves, and they don't speak well of you. And you make it clear you hate and are intimidated by those who are better thinkers than you are.
Ok, now my take.

You are an older woman who no one takes seriously not only because of a significant lack of intellect, but of ridiculous beliefs like those above. You think you might be able to get the respect that you think you deserve in an incognito forum such as this. Still, what is apparent is an inadequacy that cannot be disguised. The old saw about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear is poignant here.

Mind you, I am not calling you a sow, just the ear.

Your take is incorrect, bottom line. You have absolutely no ability, it seems, to see yourself as others see you. The fact is, your moniker is absolutely appropriate for you, though you apparently seem to think it is facetious. In any case, I don't engage in discussion with your type. So I'm done. Exchanging insults is what people with weak minds and untrained argumentative skills do, so you just continue on.

All these reasons. Some of them are good reasons too. But none reach nearly the understanding of why they hate us so much. Listen to some of their propaganda, what they tell one another about us. That might turn a light on. Why do muslim countries put American tourists in their prisons? It's not because the tourists support Israel, or their countries are being occupied or bombed. It's because a couple kissed in public, or a woman showed too much skin. Under the Taliban rule there was no death penalty for killing another muslim, it was for listening to music, or a woman being in the company of a man not her husband or father. Americans have to find reasons that the Americans understand. The American hates Israel, so they can understand muslims hating Israel. Americans can understand how angry it would make them to have their country bombed, so that's it! It must be because we are bombing their country. We don't bomb Belgium, or Germany. We don't even bomb North Korea. Just those countries sending human bombs over here to bomb us.

We refuse to accept Allah. We are an evil people full of immorality and iniquity.

I think that's a part of it, certainly.

But what we're doing is contributing to a vicious cycle. As children, they're taught that we're The Devil. Then, we come in with our cutting edge technology, take over the place, blow the living shit out of their country and kill innocents, and prove them right.

Look at it from the point of view of a 14-year old boy who is susceptible to radicalization. Everything they've been told about us comes to fruition right in front of their eyes, at least from their (somewhat) naive perspective. That's the point.

If we were to stop putting our troops on their soil, er, sand whenever we felt like it, if we were to stop messing with their politics, if they didn't see their friends killed by our bombs, if they didn't see their sacred religion threatened by us, if didn't continually play into what they're taught because we've convinced ourselves that we somehow have a "right" to, then they would not buy in to what they're taught.

They hate us and want us dead.
Who?... Muslims.A lot of them.

Why....

Who the fuck knows at this point.

Drone strikes that kill hundreds of innocent women and children, occupying their countries and killing more innocents while engaging "insurgents" will never win us any friends. If another country were to occupy the US they'd have a huge "insurgent" problem as well.

This bs about them hating us because of our freedoms is just that......bs

In World War II the Allies - including the United States - obliterated entire German cities by carpet bombing, killing thousands of innocent civilians.

The United States dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, again killing and maiming innocent civilians.

Did the Germans and Japanese ever acted like these atavistic sixth century savages do?

But what we're doing is contributing to a vicious cycle. As children, they're taught that we're The Devil. Then, we come in with our cutting edge technology, take over the place, blow the living shit out of their country and kill innocents, and prove them right.

Look at it from the point of view of a 14-year old boy who is susceptible to radicalization. Everything they've been told about us comes to fruition right in front of their eyes, at least from their (somewhat) naive perspective. That's the point.

If we were to stop putting our troops on their soil, er, sand whenever we felt like it, if we were to stop messing with their politics, if they didn't see their friends killed by our bombs, if they didn't see their sacred religion threatened by us, if didn't continually play into what they're taught because we've convinced ourselves that we somehow have a "right" to, then they would not buy in to what they're taught.

That's how you fight terrorism!

By taking away their motivation.

In World War II the Allies - including the United States - obliterated entire German cities by carpet bombing, killing thousands of innocent civilians.

The United States dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, again killing and maiming innocent civilians.

Did the Germans and Japanese ever acted like these atavistic sixth century savages do?
Germany and Japan started WWII.

These ME country's, didn't start anything.

That's how you fight terrorism!

By taking away their motivation.

Bingo.

Plus, you further isolate the radicals who remain.

For Islamic extremists, getting the entire world into the Muslim faith is their goal......
They must have learned that from the explorers who found the New World!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjNqlhPFc4Y]Firesign Theater Temporary Humbolt County - YouTube[/ame]​

It does not have anything to do with drone strikes.
You don't have a fuckin' clue as to what you're talking about. You haven't lived in an area where predator drones are constantly flying overhead. Where you live 24/7 with the thought that at any moment, your life could be over. You could be doing something as simple as going to the store and BAM!, you get hit with a missle. 8 women were out collecting firewood and were blown to bits by a drone.

That pisses people off a lot more than a way some people worship.

Islamic terrorists hate us because their ideology mandates it.
The Koran tells them to kill all Jews and Christians because they are enemies.

Why....

Drone strikes that kill hundreds of innocent women and children, occupying their countries and killing more innocents while engaging "insurgents" will never win us any friends. If another country were to occupy the US they'd have a huge "insurgent" problem as well.

No, they were led by disgusting people, but they were highly civilized societies capable of progress even after so much adversity. Neither was saddled with a religion steeped in hatred nor a medieval civilization.

So if someone drops a bomb on your house, you're going to think its no big deal, right?

It doesn't explain the attacks on all those other countries that don't drop bombs on their houses.

Bali never bombed anyone and India did nothing to Iraq.

Oh for crying out loud why must it be something we did?
25550369.jpg

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested."

Smedley Butler vs. Prescott Bush

"Smedley Butler continued to campaign against the Military Industrial Complex until his death on 21st June 1940."

Why....

241.png

So if someone drops a bomb on your house, you're going to think its no big deal, right?

No one dropped a bomb on their home. There was no history of any family member being under attack from non muslims. They bombed the marathon because they despise our freedom and you cannot come to terms with the fact these two kids were "never moderates at all". There is no such thing as moderation in Islam. If you are a true Muslim following the Koran to the letter? You are not a moderate! Got it?

Forum List

Back