CDZ What do American Muslims want?

With regards to the topic of the thread, you're the one throwing women to the sharia sharks, not me. I'm trying to convince you not to throw them overboard, they don't deserve that.

You are the one who wants to deny Muslim women their First Amendment rights.

I am the one who believes all women should be protected by both criminal and civil law, regardless of their religion.
We've already established that Freedom of Religion is a fake statement, and that there is no such thing..

No- we have already established that is what you believe.

Meanwhile, everyone's freedom of religion is protected equally by the Constitution- even Muslims, much to your dismay.
If their freedom of religion actually existed, Muslims would implement full sharia. So the constitution protects no religion, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. So even if I wanted to agree with you, the facts are against you, so I can't.

Once again you confuse your opinion with facts.

Meanwhile, everyone's freedom of religion is protected equally by the Constitution- even Muslims, much to your dismay
Everyone only has partial religious protection. You lose again.

Sharia Law would undermine our Constitution, period.

If our government were replaced by a caliphate, yes. Not going to happen.
How do you protect the rights of muslim woman who do not appear in a U.S. Court for a divorce, but instead are divorced "in the privacy of their home" (as was stated in this thread).

If they are divorced in their home- they are not legally divorced in the United States.
And how would they even know that, especially if they weren't married by law in the first place, and only through sharia?

If anyone is married in a religious marriage, and never married in a civil marriage, it isn't a legal marriage in the United States.

And if they are divorced from their religious marriage then it is as irrelevant as getting 'divorced' from your roommate.
Which just exposes your ignorance of Muslims. How do you think Muslims have several wives in the US? They just don't register them with the infidels' government. Now you know.

How do you protect the rights of muslim woman who do not appear in a U.S. Court for a divorce, but instead are divorced "in the privacy of their home" (as was stated in this thread).

If they are divorced in their home- they are not legally divorced in the United States.
And how would they even know that, especially if they weren't married by law in the first place, and only through sharia?
This happens in the UK. About 30% of Muslim women are married under sharia law but not UK law. If they want a divorce because they are abused, for example, the sharia court usually refuses, and threats to take their children from them and being ostracised by their community render them trapped in marriages where they are often treated like chattel. They have no recourse to the law of the land in the matter of divorce, and they are often too frightened to avail themselves of anything other than sharia law in other family matters such as custody of their children. Their human rights are violated thus. It's a real tragedy. People either support universal human rights or they don't. Sharia law most certainly doesn't. How can it when a woman is worth so much less than a man? I hope the US does not
Start down the slippery slope, if it hasn't already.

They have the same recourse to law as any other woman whose non-married male partner attempts to take their children away.
Shows how little you know of their community. Sheesh, inform yourself.

You are the one who wants to deny Muslim women their First Amendment rights.

I am the one who believes all women should be protected by both criminal and civil law, regardless of their religion.
We've already established that Freedom of Religion is a fake statement, and that there is no such thing..

Meanwhile, everyone's freedom of religion is protected equally by the Constitution- even Muslims, much to your dismay.
If their freedom of religion actually existed, Muslims would implement full sharia. So the constitution protects no religion, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. So even if I wanted to agree with you, the facts are against you, so I can't.

Meanwhile, everyone's freedom of religion is protected equally by the Constitution- even Muslims, much to your dismay

We all have the Protections of the First Amendment- and we all win because of that.

If anyone is married in a religious marriage, and never married in a civil marriage, it isn't a legal marriage in the United States.

And if they are divorced from their religious marriage then it is as irrelevant as getting 'divorced' from your roommate.
Which just exposes your ignorance of Muslims. How do you think Muslims have several wives in the US? They just don't register them with the infidels' government. Now you know.

Once again

And if they are divorced from their religious marriage then it is as irrelevant as getting 'divorced' from your roommate

We all have the Protections of the First Amendment- and we all win because of that.
As long as you stay within the boundaries that we set for you, you can believe anything you want. :D

Once again

And if they are divorced from their religious marriage then it is as irrelevant as getting 'divorced' from your roommate
Your ignorance of Muslims is duly noted. Good luck.

Once again

Your ignorance of Muslims is duly noted. Good luck.

Your ignorance in every post is duly noted. I don't expect you will ever get past that.

If their freedom of religion actually existed, Muslims would implement full sharia.

Evidence?
I posted a poll earlier on in the thread. 60% of young Muslims are more loyal to sharia than the constitution.

So a think tank polled 600 Muslims and 60% stated they were more loyal to Sharia than to the Constitution. You wouldn't happen to have access to the poll itself so we could see the wording of the questions asked of those 600 Muslims?

The points I'd like to look at are:
What do Muslims in AMERICA want?
Are they any different than other religious groups in America?
What does this say about Muslim immigration in America vs other countries?

With all due respect, Coyote, this thread cracks me up. Not because it's funny, because truly I haven't been reading the posts in it (I've instead been reading the works cited below) but because there are nearly 600 posts that attempt to address three questions, all of which there is ample objective, neutral information in existence and widely available.

Moreover, I'm hard pressed to think those similarities and differences can rationally be used to say anything at all other that the similarities and differences exist. Indeed, absent exploring Muslim immigration to other countries, which is outside the scope of your two prior questions, I don't see how to answer the third question.

If there's anything to be said, it's that Muslims like every other immigrant see the promise and potential that America as a nation offers, and that more than anything else impacts their desire to immigrate to the U.S. I cannot imagine it being it anything but that for the animosity between Muslims in the U.S. and the right wing in the U.S. is no secret. Immigrants know about long before they get to the U.S., yet they still come and want to come.​
  • "What do the things that Muslims in America want, combined with the differences between Muslims in America and other religious groups in America, say about Muslim immigration to [?] America versus Muslim immigration to other countries?

I see the same impediments as those noted above in trying to answer this interpretation of your question.
For the sake of attempting to keep with the theme with which I began this post -- there is ample excellent content on the WWW to answer the OP questions that it's bizarre that there would be ~600 posts addressing the matter -- I'll offer this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Sharia Law allows men to rape their wives and sell their daughters at any age they wish. It is Allah's will. I guess we must allow this?

So you claim. You also claim the First Amendment "destroys the Constitution." At this point, both opinions hold equal validity - i.e., you're entitled to them, but that doesn't make them accurate.
I never made that claim about the 1st Amendment, that is your ill conceived interpretation, you entitled to be wrong. And as easily as your are wrong about what you read in my posts you are also wrong about Sharia Law, which allows the Rape of wives by their husbands.

Regardless of what you state, Muslim men in the USA are and have raped their wives. It is documented in our courts.
The Real Impact of Sharia Law in America
The defendant’s Imam testified that a wife must comply with her husband’s sexual demands and he refused to answer whether, under Islamic law, a husband must stop his sexual advances on his wife if she says “no.”

The trial judge found that most of the criminal acts were indeed proved, but nonetheless denied the permanent retraining order. This judge held that the defendant could not be held responsible for the violent sexual assaults of his wife because he did not have the specific intent to sexually assault his wife, and because his actions were “consistent with his [religious] practices.” In other words, the judge refused to issue the permanent restraining order because under Sharia law, this Muslim husband had a “right” to rape his wife.

Elektra: Sharia Law is the thread topic, .

Thread topic:
"What do American Muslims want"

Epic Elektra fail.

Again.
Again, American Muslims want sharia law, and syrusly has argued they have a right to sharia law.

What evidence do you have that they want sharia Law?
You Coyote, you have stated Muslims are practicing Sharia Law, so I will use your testimony as the evidence, and I can add court cases which I already posted links to in your thread.

This is one from my previous post, I can dig up the other, which has many court cases where muslims are trying to use Sharia Law as a defense.

But, it was Coyote that repeatedly stated Muslims practice Sharia Law, now Coyote requests evidence from me that this is what I want?

The Real Impact of Sharia Law in America
The defendant’s Imam testified that a wife must comply with her husband’s sexual demands and he refused to answer whether, under Islamic law, a husband must stop his sexual advances on his wife if she says “no.”

The trial judge found that most of the criminal acts were indeed proved, but nonetheless denied the permanent retraining order. This judge held that the defendant could not be held responsible for the violent sexual assaults of his wife because he did not have the specific intent to sexually assault his wife, and because his actions were “consistent with his [religious] practices.” In other words, the judge refused to issue the permanent restraining order because under Sharia law, this Muslim husband had a “right” to rape his wife.

Last edited:

With all due respect, Coyote, this thread cracks me up. Not because it's funny, because truly I haven't been reading the posts in it (I've instead been reading the works cited below) but because there are nearly 600 posts that attempt to address three questions, all of which there is ample objective, neutral information in existence and widely available.

Moreover, I'm hard pressed to think those similarities and differences can rationally be used to say anything at all other that the similarities and differences exist. Indeed, absent exploring Muslim immigration to other countries, which is outside the scope of your two prior questions, I don't see how to answer the third question.

If there's anything to be said, it's that Muslims like every other immigrant see the promise and potential that America as a nation offers, and that more than anything else impacts their desire to immigrate to the U.S. I cannot imagine it being it anything but that for the animosity between Muslims in the U.S. and the right wing in the U.S. is no secret. Immigrants know about long before they get to the U.S., yet they still come and want to come.​
  • "What do the things that Muslims in America want, combined with the differences between Muslims in America and other religious groups in America, say about Muslim immigration to [?] America versus Muslim immigration to other countries?

I see the same impediments as those noted above in trying to answer this interpretation of your question.
For the sake of attempting to keep with the theme with which I began this post -- there is ample excellent content on the WWW to answer the OP questions that it's bizarre that there would be ~600 posts addressing the matter -- I'll offer this:
"51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to U.S."

51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to U.S.

And don't forget to add all the liars to the 51%, and all the people too afraid to say it to a census person... And the question "would you mind if the US was sharia?" wasn't asked, which would have added a whole bunch of Islamists.

And as Sharia Law creeps further into America, the Constitution will sit in the back of the bus.

House Democrats Just Moved to Implement SHARIA LAW in America...

House Democrats Just Moved to Implement SHARIA LAW in America…
by Top Right News on December 31, 2015 in Uncategorize

by Gina Cassini | Top Right News

Unbelievable…even for the twisted liberals that control the Democrat party.

As Americans celebrated the Holidays with their loved ones… House Democrats, as their last action of the year,moved to to implement America’s first Sharia Law.

The message they sent is unmistakable…if Democrats and Hillary Clinton control Washington, D.C., our rights will be stripped from us, and Islam given special status above all.

House Democrats Do the Unthinkable (Photo Credit: Right Wing News)

From Mad World News via RWN:

Democrats quietly sponsored House Resolution 569, a resolution that asks lawmakers to condemn “violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.” The resolution specifically mentions Muslims, no other religious groups, and will serve as a test by which further criminalizing of “Islamophobia” may be introduced.

Democrats have shamelessly lumped together “hate speech” with “violence” in an effort to compare criticism of Islam to physically harming Muslims. H. Res. 569 threatens to restrict our right to even report facts that tarnish Islam’s reputation, a law that all Sharia-governed countries already have in place.

According to Congress.gov, the resolution reads:

“Now, therefore, be it resolved, that the House of Representatives denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim; urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes”

Muslims are slaughtering innocent people more than any other religious groups combined, all while refusing as a whole to condemn this barbaric Islamic terrorism, yet we are working to ensure these silent, consenting “moderates” have special protection — protection that they have never allowed religious minorities in their own countries.

In another passage, Democrats laughably purport that Muslims have contributed to the fabric of American society, but we’re assuming they don’t mean terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, countless frivolous CAIR lawsuits, whitewashed Islamic education in public schools, or whining about pork products and a lack of taxpayer-funded prayer rooms.

“Whereas this Muslim community is recognized as having made innumerable contributions to the cultural and economic fabric and well-being of United States society”
Still, the bill is purposefully vague in that it mentions prosecuting the perpetrators of “hate speech,” yet gives no definition for what it considers hate speech. Of course, we who have spoken out about the intolerant fundamentals of Islam understand that this means uttering anything critical of Islam or its followers, regardless of facts or relevance to the Quran

Recent article that I saw today.

The local Education Department explained in a statement Wednesday that the school's exemption was lifted because “the public interest with respect to equality between men and women and the integration of foreigners significantly outweighs the freedom of religion.” It added that a teacher has the right to demand a handshake.

The statement said if the students refuse to shake hands again, "the sanctions called for by law will be applied."

Muslim students face $5K fine if they refuse Swiss teachers' handshakes

A handshake is more important than religion AND there's a $5,000 fine AND it may mean no citizenship.

"51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to U.S."

51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to U.S.

And don't forget to add all the liars to the 51%, and all the people too afraid to say it to a census person... And the question "would you mind if the US was sharia?" wasn't asked, which would have added a whole bunch of Islamists.

Dude....do you realize that you cited Robert Spencer's blog post that cited Paul Sperry's IBD editorial that contains not one verified and sourced data point, including the headline from Spencer's post that you pasted above? One of those articles puts a hyperlink on the word "reference" (it's the only link of note in the editorial) but upon clicking it, one does not arrive at the source of the information that was hyperlinked. Really? In reply to the content I linked, your response is to cite an editorial that cites another editorial and provides no links to hard facts?

I offer to you the following and dare to take an hour and read any one of them in their entirety. (You'll have no difficulty finding the sources listed for every fact cited and inference drawn in any one of them.)
I have about had it with the swarms of folks who write about "Sharia Law 'this' and Sharia Law 'that'" and who yet don't know a damn thing about Sharia Law other than what they've read in the popular partisan press.

Dude....do you realize that you cited Robert Spencer's blog post that cited Paul Sperry's IBD editorial that contains not one verified and sourced data point, including the headline from Spencer's post that you pasted above? One of those articles puts a hyperlink on the word "reference" (it's the only link of note in the editorial) but upon clicking it, one does not arrive at the source of the information that was hyperlinked. Really? In reply to the content I linked, your response is to cite an editorial that cites another editorial and provides no links to hard facts?

I offer to you the following and dare to take an hour and read any one of them in their entirety. (You'll have no difficulty finding the sources listed for every fact cited and inference drawn in any one of them.)
I have about had it with the swarms of folks who write about "Sharia Law 'this' and Sharia Law 'that'" and who yet don't know a damn thing about Sharia Law other than what they've read in the popular partisan press.
Sharia law is for barbarians, it's a good thing that there's no real freedom of religion in this country.

It only took me 30 seconds of reading to find that your first link states Sharia is being used, and your link is wrong about there is not an increase in the use of Sharia law. If Sharia is being used in our courts, it is because Muslims are implementing, hence want Sharia Law to rule them, instead of our Constitution.

Take a hour to read what is said in these copy/paste you have provided? If you think it only takes one hour you have not read your own copy/paste. Nor have you followed up on what is inside them.

This first link blames racism in the USA for not accepting Sharia Law? It vaguely states what a marriage is in the USA, in order to find out what the authors are making assumptions from, to understand exactly what a marriage is under Sharia, we must follow links to other studies or documents.

The study itself is basically an anti-american rant, blaming us. Sharia Law does not belong in the USA. If Muslims choose to follow Sharia, they should be deported, period. How about quoting what you believe is relevant from your links, at least that way we can see that you read them and understand them, you offered us no commentary, no quote, nothing, it is as if you have no understanding of what you posted and how it applies.

In reality, your post simply proves that Muslims wish to live under Sharia Law, not the Constitution.

So, according to your link, Muslims do want Sharia Law in U.S. courts and oppose a ban, further they state there is not an increase in the use of Sharia law, that implies Sharia Law is being used in our courts.

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1693&context=iclr
Abstract: The U.S. Muslim population, although currently only comprising one percent of all Americans, is on the rise. Muslim Americans are largely assimilated, happy with their lives, moderate with respect to divisive issues, and opposed to violence. Nonetheless, in recent years, a growing misunderstanding and fear of Muslims has led some activists to seek to ban the application of Islamic law, or Sharia, in American courts, despite the lack of evidence of an increase in the use of Sharia in U.S. courts.

The Muslims and their supporters call us racists for not accepting rule by Sharia Law.

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1693&context=iclr
Muslims have long faced fear and distrust by North Americans.68 Such fear originated with a long-held European Christian bias against Islam, and worsened in the nineteenth century as Americans became increasingly racist and xenophobic.

Forum List

Back