• Churchill County.
  • Elko County.
  • Esmeralda County.
  • Humbolt County.
  • Lander County.
  • Lyon County.
  • Mineral County.
  • Nye County.
As far as I'm concerned, It should be decriminalized. And if not, the Johns and Pimps should get prison sentences of 69 years. ;)

Fears are not equal. Some fears are obviously irrational.

and I never claimed owning a gun for safety was an irrational act

See?

If anything and anyone was baited here, it was the trollish nature of the knee jerk losers and the people who believe guns are the answers to crimes. If guns were the answer to crime...
try and think
Guns are the answer to crime if you witness a crime taking place or a crime is being committed against you or a loved one, and you are armed.

Small penis.
The gun nuts here confirms that.

And yet is those of you who are opposed to allowing human beings our basic human right to keep and bear arms, who are obsessed about projecting your own perceived sexual inadequacies on those of us who choose to exercise this right.

It was not Freud who wrote the statement commonly misattributed to him, “A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”, and I have no idea who really originated that statement, but there are plenty of examples like yourself who demonstrate that whoever did say that was exactly correct.

For Most U.S. Gun Owners, Protection Is the Main Reason They Own a Gun​

Pew has looked into this:

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Americans buy guns for a variety of reasons, driven by a combination of personal, cultural, and societal factors. Some of the main reasons are:

1. Self-defense: Many individuals purchase firearms to protect themselves, their families, and their property. The notion of self-reliance and the ability to defend oneself is deeply rooted in the American culture.

2. Second Amendment rights: The United States Constitution's Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. Some Americans exercise this right as a matter of principle, valuing their freedoms and advocating for the preservation of constitutional rights.

3. Sports and recreation: Firearms are used for various shooting sports, including target shooting, competitive shooting, and hunting. These activities offer a sense of camaraderie, skill development, and a connection to nature for many enthusiasts.

4. Collecting and historical interest: Guns hold a significant place in American history, and many individuals collect firearms for their historical value. The fascination with antique, rare, or unique firearms can drive gun purchases.

5. Cultural factors: Guns have become ingrained in certain American subcultures, such as rural communities and some conservative circles. The role of firearms in these cultures can influence gun ownership rates.

6. Economic factors: Concerns about personal safety, crime rates, and societal unrest can motivate gun purchases. During times of uncertainty or when individuals feel the need for heightened security, gun sales sometimes increase.

7. Perceived government overreach: Some individuals buy guns as a response to perceived encroachments on their individual liberties or as a safeguard against potential tyranny. This motivation often arises during times of political or social tensions.

Edit:
It should be emphasized that individuals' motivations for buying guns can vary widely, and this list should be seen as a general overview rather than an exhaustive explanation. Societal attitudes, personal experiences, and local factors also play a role in shaping Americans' decisions to purchase firearms.

Let’s see… I’ve owned guns for sport/competition shooting, recreatishooting, and self-defense/personal protection. It depends on which specific firearm you’re asking about.

I own firearms for self-defense/personal protection because police officers are too large to carry and they can’t always be where they’re needed when they’re needed. Additionally, LEOs have No Constitutional mandate to protect me, my family or my property even if they were there when needed. Put that all together and it adds up to ME being the one who must protect myself, my family, and my property from you 95% of humanity thst is nothing more than wastes of flesh and oxygen.

“So… fear” I can hear you say. No, it’s not fear. It’s a proactive tactic to protect the things I care about. Just like putting on a seatbelt in a car or wearing proper clothing and helmet on a motorcycle. You always hope you won’t need to use it, but you understand that when you need it it’s too late to try to acquire it.

"They may, in fact, be the victims of crime in the future?"

Do you fear being hit by lightning strikes? Are you prepared? Here's how the possibilities and probabilities of the odds work: I do not golf or hang around the water or open fields during lightning storms. The probabilities of me being struck by lightning are lower than the probabilities of people who engage in ways I listed

take the above and think of gun ownership base of fears of crime. The probabilities of most people being involved in a serious violent crime? About as low as it gets. You ? I guess you live in a poor shitty place, after what you posted about your family, friends, acquaintances.

i guess you live in a safe low crime mostly white middle class neighborhood populated by people you despise .

"hundreds of thousands that are prevented by people who defend themselves with a gun?' - really? I don't believe that's a verifiable fact.

I'm not even sure there are millions of violent crimes committed every year in the USA. That sound a bit Tucker Carlsonish.

and again, I am pro ownership of handguns.
more people are killed by hand guns than by rifles ... much much more .

For Most U.S. Gun Owners, Protection Is the Main Reason They Own a Gun​

Pew has looked into this:

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

None of your business, snoopy.

And of course, there’s the ridiculous, unwarranted fear of 'the government.’

“A majority of Americans (61%) say it is too easy to legally obtain a gun in this country, while 30% say the ease of legally obtaining a gun is about right; 9% say it is too hard. ibid

The absolutist kooks make up a tiny minority.

The fear part is high for most gun owners. I did not purchase a handgun out of fear or for protection in myself in my home or neighborhood. My safety concerns had to do with traveling in an expensive vehicle, in rural areas with valuable belongings and knowing that LE was a long way away from responding if able to connect via cell towers
It sounds like you're afraid of some hillbillies taking your Prius.

Forum List

Back