What Do You Believe Is the Main Reason People Own a Gun

Exactly. Crime is as old as prostitution, probably older.

Those shootings and murders, I bet the people somehow knew each other and everyone else was never in any real danger
According to the Bible murder is an older profession than prostitution.

Do most people who own fire extinguishers have fear of fire?

ae180a92-a2d8-4b88-911f-11e805de0960_text.gif

Nope.

try a search engine:

In American law prostitution was widely allowed (especially in the West) until the early part of the 20 th century. This is not to suggest that prostitution was an accepted profession, but it was legal.

In answer to the original question, if not for hunting, for a sense of security.

Good article:

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Do you own a fire extinguisher?

Why are you living in such fear of fire?

During the #CornoaHoax2020, did you wear masks? Did you let them inject you with dangerous experimental drugs? Did you stay six feet away from other people wherever possible?

Now there are some real examples of foolishly living in gratuitous fear.

Did you read the article/report?

The fear part is high for most gun owners. I did not purchase a handgun out of fear or for protection in myself in my home or neighborhood. My safety concerns had to do with traveling in an expensive vehicle, in rural areas with valuable belongings and knowing that LE was a long way away from responding if able to connect via cell towers

So YOUR fear is OK, but other's fear is not, is that what you are saying?

Do you own a fire extinguisher?

Why are you living in such fear of fire?

During the #CornoaHoax2020, did you wear masks? Did you let them inject you with dangerous experimental drugs? Did you stay six feet away from other people wherever possible?

Now there are some real examples of foolishly living in gratuitous fear.
For over a year of constant traveling and camping, I kept a fire extinguisher next to me as I slept. It was go to defense if an animal two-legged or four-legged tried coming in my windows. I also had it because on the road, fires are a real hazard.

Keeping a fire extinguisher handy in a kitchen is a safety precaution, not a hysterical fear based response to irrational fears based on anecdotal stories rather than statistics. You're not even comparing Apples and Oranges, you're attempting to compare Apples and Rocks.

Certain types of fire extinguisher will prevent a home being burned down and worse. A stove fire needs to be put out and few things will do it as safely and well as a fire extinguisher.

Most crimes do not need a gun to prevent the crime from happening. House alarm systems. Avoid dangerous places and people. These things can help prevent a crime happening to a scaredy cat nut job

So YOUR fear is OK, but other's fear is not, is that what you are saying?
Fears are not equal. Some fears are obviously irrational.

and I never claimed owning a gun for safety was an irrational act

See?

If anything and anyone was baited here, it was the trollish nature of the knee jerk losers and the people who believe guns are the answers to crimes. If guns were the answer to crime...
try and think

Nope.

try a search engine:

In American law prostitution was widely allowed (especially in the West) until the early part of the 20 th century. This is not to suggest that prostitution was an accepted profession, but it was legal.
In the rural counties it's legal:

• Churchill County.
  • Elko County.
  • Esmeralda County.
  • Humbolt County.
  • Lander County.
  • Lyon County.
  • Mineral County.
  • Nye County.

:th_Back_2_Topic_2: now, what is so threatening about this post? :th_Back_2_Topic_2: Why all the personal attacks? :th_Back_2_Topic_2: Why all the immediate hostility and Paranoia? :th_Back_2_Topic_2:

:disbelief:could it be a simple discussion on gun ownership triggers 2nd Amendment snowflakes? :disbelief:

For Most U.S. Gun Owners, Protection Is the Main Reason They Own a Gun​

Pew has looked into this:

Gun owners in the United States continue to cite protection far more than other factors, including hunting and sport shooting, as a major reason they own a gun.

And while a sizable majority of gun owners (71%) say they enjoy having a gun, an even larger share (81%) say they feel safer owning a gun.

I wonder how many people are honest enough to admit it's because they are full of fear, and then will admit they watch/listen/read/gather news from sources that feed fear?

Forum List

Back