What do you consider your virtues if any?

Love, empathy, hate, will-power, reasoning, confidence, humility, patience, impatience, creativity, efficiency, problem solving are all virtues that I value and work on. Seems like the normal human experience.

Do not think you have gained a virtue unless you have first been tried by its opposite.

St Teresa of Avila
That's very true. We are shaped by our experiences. The only choice we have in the matter is the choice of our response. Good coming from bad is the logical outcome. Of course we aren't always logical so sometimes the lesson gets repeated. In this manner we gain wisdom and become more virtuous. It is the natural, logical progression. Unfortunately not everyone is logical.

Do not think you have gained a virtue unless you have first been tried by its opposite.

St Teresa of Avila
What do you consider your virtues if any?
does it matter the title of the thread has little relevance if not counter intuitive to the quote referenced by the o p ...

and of course there is an obvious reference Avila is making whether identified or not and certainly is not christianity.

- so what is the new found st mortimer up to. knowingly or not sliding down the slippery slope of christian heresy ... earning a virtue.

The quote and the title are obviously related hence the relevance.
and of course there is an obvious reference Avila is making whether identified or not and certainly is not christianity.
no, they are not related.

that was a hint - can you figure it out christian with your limited ability as a sinner's need for a messiah most likely not. as reflected by your response.

not everyone lives in delusion that has a religious tendency just those that dwell in forgeries and fallacies. there in lies your problems.

that was a hint - can you figure it out christian with your limited ability as a sinner's need for a messiah most likely not. as reflected by your response.

not everyone lives in delusion that has a religious tendency just those that dwell in forgeries and fallacies. there in lies your problems.
It was certainly related, you're just pedantic but when we consider the source, you think that metamorphosis proves a soul. :laughing0301:

It was certainly related, you're just pedantic but when we consider the source, you think that metamorphosis proves a soul. :laughing0301:
You don't know what I think anymore than I know what you think.

You don't know what I think anymore than I know what you think, and I'm not pedantic.
You're responding to a post that was speaking to breezewood, not you...and its too early to be drunk.

You don't know what I think anymore than I know what you think, and I'm not pedantic.
You're responding to a post that was speaking to breezewood, not you...and its too early to be drunk.
My bad.

My bad.
No worries, mayte

Love, empathy, hate, will-power, reasoning, confidence, humility, patience, impatience, creativity, efficiency, problem solving are all virtues that I value and work on. Seems like the normal human experience.
It was certainly related, you're just pedantic but when we consider the source, you think that metamorphosis proves a soul.
metamorphosis proves the metaphysical ...

they are related as a subject matter, not in regards to the quote presented being related to the title of the thread.

avila is referencing the underlying basis for a virtue's value whence truly accomplished through merit in obtaining its quality through triumph - religion of antiquity. avila indeed saintly.

no christian need apply as virtues being inimical to all three desert religions. they can only be what they read in their books, they have abandoned the religion that offers virtues in reward for their works.

It was certainly related, you're just pedantic but when we consider the source, you think that metamorphosis proves a soul.
metamorphosis proves the metaphysical ...

they are related as a subject matter, not in regards to the quote presented being related to the title of the thread.

avila is referencing the underlying basis for a virtue's value whence truly accomplished through merit in obtaining its quality through triumph - religion of antiquity. avila indeed a saint.

no christian need apply as virtues being inimical to all three desert religions. they can only be what they read in their books, they have abandoned the religion that offers virtues in reward for their works.
:itsok:

Forum List

Back