What Does Christianity Have To Do With The Easter Bunny

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Or Santa Clause for that matter?

Is there any salvation in them?

Where are these characters found, promoted or even referenced in Scripture?

Dude leave the Easter Bunny alone:evil: its fun for the kids, I enjoyed my easter egg hunts.:razz:

I saw the answer on a TV comercial last night. See, the chocolate Easter Bunny kisses Mr. Peanutbutter jar, and they have babies;

images

Christmas trees have nothing to do with the birth of Christ, either.

It just happens that we retain the traditions and symbols of a pre-Christian era. Christ said nothing about eschewing tradition.....his first miracle was to turn water to wine at a wedding, and he admonished us not to alienate people by refusing to break bread with them.

So we celebrate Christ's resurrection with an Easter Egg hunt after church. Who cares? I don't think Christ does.

Its the easter bunny's birthday!

Attachments

• $happy-easter-1925-cross.jpg
    $happy-easter-1925-cross.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 96

It just happens that we retain the traditions and symbols of a pre-Christian era. Christ said nothing about eschewing tradition.....his first miracle was to turn water to wine at a wedding, and he admonished us not to alienate people by refusing to break bread with them.

So we celebrate Christ's resurrection with an Easter Egg hunt after church. Who cares? I don't think Christ does.

You know nothing of your Christian'ism. The "miracle" of water to wine was nothing. The show- stopper was when he magically pulled a rabbit out of his hat. Hence, the Easter Bunny tradition.

I always thought you were more of a student of Christianity than this, Marc.

Early Christians, in order to pull more Pagans into the fold, retained a lot of their symbols, icons, and seasons.

:eusa_angel:

The evergreens of Christmas symbolized the conquering of the frozen Winter.
Rabbits and eggs being fertility symbols of Spring.

You can thank the Catholics for canonizing Saint Nicholas for his secret gift-giving
:cool:

Who said bunnies had anything to do with Christianity?

I knew some radical RW kook would say some nonsense like this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWUOpUPsCzg]Bill O'Reilly Invents The War On Easter - YouTube[/ame]

I always thought you were more of a student of Christianity than this, Marc.

Early Christians, in order to pull more Pagans into the fold, retained a lot of their symbols, icons, and seasons.

:eusa_angel:

The evergreens of Christmas symbolized the conquering of the frozen Winter.
Rabbits and eggs being fertility symbols of Spring.

You can thank the Catholics for canonizing Saint Nicholas for his secret gift-giving
:cool:
So in other words, it's Pagan....correct?

The symbols used to be Pagan.

Christians are an inclusive, love thy neighbor bunch
:eusa_shhh:

So wait a minute, let me get this straight.

According to you it STARTED out as Pagan, but somehow, over the passage of time, it's now Christian.

Is that it?

Yes, but what makes it Christian though?

Your statement doesn't seem to suggest that it's Christian, so why are some, on the RW, PRETENDING this is some establish Christian institution?

According to you it STARTED out as Pagan, but somehow, over the passage of time, it's now Christian.

Is that it?

Christians incorporated pagan rituals into religions with new interpretations. It is easier to convert people to a new religion by allowing them the traditions of the past.

Pagan symbols adopted by Christianity :eusa_whistle:

Is that it?

It isn't just the Easter eggs, bunnies and evergreens either. The virgin birth, son of God, dying and resurrecting all come from pagan beliefs too.

Is that it?

Christians incorporated pagan rituals into religions with new interpretations. It is easier to convert people to a new religion by allowing them the traditions of the past.

Pagan symbols adopted by Christianity :eusa_whistle:
Most Christians have no idea of these things. I'm aware of many.

It was Constantine that changed, or so he thought, The Sabbath from Sabbath, Saturday, to Sunday.

The Christian journey is progressive, the more you learn, the more you adjust your life.

AKA...Know better, do better.

Good post. :clap2:

Forum List

Back