🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What does everyone think of Ben Carson?

I like Carson......very smart guy and accomplished surgeon

Politically, he is inept

He has no understanding of national politics and what it takes to build a coalition that can get you elected, Obama sure did. Spouting rightwing talking points can get you guest spots on Fox but will never get you elected

But that is all Obama can do. We have become a nation with inept leaders in the since that all they know is how to get elected and play political games.

If Ben could somehow get elected despite the corrupt and inept system I think he would be an awesome leader.

Incidentally, you are helping to prove my point here. Both left and right wingers, outside the beltway, like this guy. He could help bring the nation together again, especially after one of the most partisan divisive presidents in US history.
No....he cannot bring the nation together by parroting rightwing talking points and serving as a straight man for Sean Hannity
Obama already brought the nation together!
They still dancin' in the streets?

Or did Thanksgiving calm the rioters, I mean peaceful protestors, down.

I've asked this question before and didn't get any replies. So I think this is the perfect thread to ask the question again.
The following is Dr Carson's stance on healthcare insurance companies:
==================================================
Regulate insurance companies as non-profit services
Today, insurance companies call the shots on what they want to pay, to whom, and when. Consequently, even busy doctors operate with a very slim profit of margin.
This is an ideal place for the intervention of government regulators who, with the help of medical professionals, could establish fair and consistent remuneration. To accomplish this, essentially all of the insurance companies would have to become non-profit service organizations with standardized, regulated profit margins.

This is not the paradigm that I see for all businesses, [but] is uniquely appropriate for the health-insurance industry, which deals with people's lives and quality of existence. That may sound radical, but is it as radical as allowing a company to increase its profits by denying care to sick individuals? In the long run this would also be good for the insurance companies, who could then concentrate on providing good service, rather than focusing on undercutting their competitors and increasing their profit margin.
Ben Carson on Health Care
=====================================================
Do posters agree or disagree and why?
Personally, I agree.
That's just nuts; insurance companies are already heavily regulated within the states. Every state has an insurance commissioner.

No insurance company can just deny a claim if that claim falls within the coverage defined in the insurance contract, nor can an insured be dropped unless they fail to pay their premium or have submitted a fraudulent application to obtain insurance in the first place.

What he is proposing is making Health Insurers into public utilities meaning that the discipline provided by the review of services by the insurers will be on a par with Medicare.

Each month that goes by I see Explanation Of Benifit statements with costs for items i've been provided exorbitantly multiplied even hundreds of times to ultimately be reviewed and reduced by the insurance company to at least somewhat reasonable pricing albeit still too much in dollars.

I look at these EOBs and just wonder, yet I let them go without complaint because I'm getting what I need within my coverage but still I see a huge magnifying effect to these items to the free joys detriment of folks who are uninsured and must pay out of pocket.

It's the interference of government that has produced that cause and effect .

I bought my family's HI in the private market from 1965 til 2009 and never had a bad experience with several (five including surgeries) hospitalizations and only paid nominally for both the services and the insurance.

Now that both my spouse and I are on Medicare, of course we're getting good care (still not free) but we're seeing very problematic and unrealistic pricing for providers to get close to what they need to stay in business.

My insurance never screwed me, paid for births, surgeries, extended hospital stays, etc, at the agreed upon rate.

Now, with medicare, I have to go to one doc, just to get referred to the doc I really need to see.

Obama and the dims claim to have fixed health care. Are you suggesting otherwise?

Politically, he is inept

He has no understanding of national politics and what it takes to build a coalition that can get you elected, Obama sure did. Spouting rightwing talking points can get you guest spots on Fox but will never get you elected

But that is all Obama can do. We have become a nation with inept leaders in the since that all they know is how to get elected and play political games.

If Ben could somehow get elected despite the corrupt and inept system I think he would be an awesome leader.

Incidentally, you are helping to prove my point here. Both left and right wingers, outside the beltway, like this guy. He could help bring the nation together again, especially after one of the most partisan divisive presidents in US history.
No....he cannot bring the nation together by parroting rightwing talking points and serving as a straight man for Sean Hannity

Notice that the rioters were only allowed to burn the poor side of town down, where minorities own businesses.

Whitey, or Goveror Nixon, made sure of this.

Seems to me that Carson could be very valuable asset to his party as a calmer, more articulate and dignified version of Sarah Palin. He brings a lot to the table as a positive way to fire up the "base" without being an easy target for the competition.

But I suspect this country needs more than that from its President after two lousy presidencies in a row. It needs a leader who is experienced in top level management in a bureaucratic capacity, someone who knows how to make positive things happen in a mixed political environment.

Who dat? Who knows.

Politically, he is inept

You mean like Ferguson? What I mean is bring the nation together in a positive way.
Like this:

After six years of Obama, everything is rainbows and unicorns.......right?

Politically, he is inept

But you said you liked the guy?

Which personality am I talking to again?

And no, he does not simply regurgitate things to say, he actually has a brain!
Politically,No more than Sarah Palin has a brain
Carson is not engaging in original thought. He is throwing meat to the far right telling them what they expect to hear
Gays are the same as pedophiles and bestiality

Face it Carson will take his seat in the Clown Car with others who have no chance of winning but want to have their time in the spot light

Politically, he is inept

Carson is not engaging in original thought. He is throwing meat to the far right telling them what they expect to hear

Face it Carson will take his seat in the Clown Car with others who have no chance of winning but want to have their time in the spot light
Don't disrespect the clown car! After all, the clown won the last two presidential elections.

Politically, he is inept

Notice that the rioters were only allowed to burn the poor side of town down, where minorities own businesses.

What has Dr Carson done to help calm down he rioters?

As such an influential figure you would think he could come up with some words of wisdom to quiet things down

Politically, he is inept

Don't disrespect the clown car! After all, the clown won the last two presidential elections.
Far from it

Obama was the most dynamic and influential figure in the 2008 election. Members of the clown car have no chance of winning......Obama won by a 2:1 margin

As such an influential figure you would think he could come up with some words of wisdom to quiet things down

In fairness, if Carson made any kind of official statement on this, the cries of "token" and "Uncle Tom" from the Left would be deafening.

Including right here, on this forum.

Maybe he's said something and it hasn't been covered, maybe he's learning how to play politics and is hiding, who knows.

Far from it

Obama was the most dynamic and influential figure in the 2008 election. Members of the clown car have no chance of winning......Obama won by a 2:1 margin

Comparing Obama to clowns like McCain and Romney?

Pfft.

What I'm saying is stop bringing in the clowns.

You have already stated your admiration for Ben, admiration that none of us have for the likes of Romney and McCain.......or was that just some white guilt talking?

In fairness, if Carson made any kind of official statement on this, the cries of "token" and "Uncle Tom" from the Left would be deafening.

Maybe he's said something and it hasn't been covered, maybe he's learning how to play politics and is hiding, who knows.

He is a leader or he isn't
Is he afraid to pick a fight? As an influential black figure he should be able to say a few words and end the rioting
He obviously fails

I bet he is praying for them.

I don't think Ben wants to run, but he cares for his country. I just want some one in there that I believe gives a damn about Americans rather than just trying to enhance their political power and that of their party.

Is he afraid to pick a fight? As an influential black figure he should be able to say a few words and end the rioting
He obviously fails

I don't see him a presidential material, personally.

But I wouldn't see a lack of interest in "picking a fight" as a negative. We could use more maturity in our political discourse.

Far more.

He obviously fails

Do you think that Ben would be looked at as an Uncle Tom by protesters in Ferguson?

Far from it

Pfft.

You have already stated your admiration for Ben, admiration that none of us have for the likes of Romney and McCain.......or was that just some white guilt talking?
McCain and Romney were first rank political figures capable of winning the presidency
Candidates like Backmann, Santorum, Paul and Perry occupied the Clown Car

He obviously fails

Do you think that Ben would be looked at as an Uncle Tom by protesters in Ferguson?
Why should that matter?

This is his chance to step up to the plate and make a difference. Why is he MIA?

He obviously fails

I don't see him a presidential material, personally.

But I wouldn't see a lack of interest in "picking a fight" as a negative. We could use more maturity in our political discourse.

Far more.

I am more interested in seeing him in the ring with the neocons in the GOP who will snuff him out.

I really enjoyed the contrast between Ron Paul and the rest of the pack. I long for that again.

Far from it

Pfft.

McCain and Romney were first rank political figures capable of winning the presidency
Candidates like Backmann, Santorum, Paul and Perry occupied the Clown Car

First rate political figures? What does that mean? To me that means they are rich, politically powerful, and part of the elite Progressive movement.

Is that what you mean?

I've asked this question before and didn't get any replies. So I think this is the perfect thread to ask the question again.
The following is Dr Carson's stance on healthcare insurance companies:
==================================================
Regulate insurance companies as non-profit services
Today, insurance companies call the shots on what they want to pay, to whom, and when. Consequently, even busy doctors operate with a very slim profit of margin.
This is an ideal place for the intervention of government regulators who, with the help of medical professionals, could establish fair and consistent remuneration. To accomplish this, essentially all of the insurance companies would have to become non-profit service organizations with standardized, regulated profit margins.

This is not the paradigm that I see for all businesses, [but] is uniquely appropriate for the health-insurance industry, which deals with people's lives and quality of existence. That may sound radical, but is it as radical as allowing a company to increase its profits by denying care to sick individuals? In the long run this would also be good for the insurance companies, who could then concentrate on providing good service, rather than focusing on undercutting their competitors and increasing their profit margin.
Ben Carson on Health Care
=====================================================
Do posters agree or disagree and why?
Personally, I agree.
That's just nuts; insurance companies are already heavily regulated within the states. Every state has an insurance commissioner.

No insurance company can just deny a claim if that claim falls within the coverage defined in the insurance contract, nor can an insured be dropped unless they fail to pay their premium or have submitted a fraudulent application to obtain insurance in the first place.

What he is proposing is making Health Insurers into public utilities meaning that the discipline provided by the review of services by the insurers will be on a par with Medicare.

Each month that goes by I see Explanation Of Benifit statements with costs for items i've been provided exorbitantly multiplied even hundreds of times to ultimately be reviewed and reduced by the insurance company to at least somewhat reasonable pricing albeit still too much in dollars.

I look at these EOBs and just wonder, yet I let them go without complaint because I'm getting what I need within my coverage but still I see a huge magnifying effect to these items to the free joys detriment of folks who are uninsured and must pay out of pocket.

It's the interference of government that has produced that cause and effect .

I bought my family's HI in the private market from 1965 til 2009 and never had a bad experience with several (five including surgeries) hospitalizations and only paid nominally for both the services and the insurance.

Now that both my spouse and I are on Medicare, of course we're getting good care (still not free) but we're seeing very problematic and unrealistic pricing for providers to get close to what they need to stay in business.

My insurance never screwed me, paid for births, surgeries, extended hospital stays, etc, at the agreed upon rate.

Now, with medicare, I have to go to one doc, just to get referred to the doc I really need to see.

Obama and the dims claim to have fixed health care. Are you suggesting otherwise?
I am saying on Medicare if have problems I did not have before.

I am not sure the hassles and paper work would have been any less without Obamacare.

I just happened to get on Medicare at the same time Obamacare started.

I paid into it for decades, and now, to have the same coverage I had before, I have to pay a Medicare premium and my old policy too, which is now my secondary insurance.

Now, BCBC raised my deductible from $300 to $1,000, and my copays 50% across the board.

I suppose that can be blamed on PPACA, which made Blue Cross accept pre-existing conditions from previously uninsured people.

I sure wish I could get some nice life insurance on my pre-existingly dead parents.

Forum List

Back