What does living within your means really mean?

I'll pay $1k out of pocket for a junker, and run it into the ground.

The manditory license, sales tax, personal property tax, inspection, insurance & first tank of gas will cost you more than the $1k car.

Junkers are fun for demolition derby racing.

No it won't. I'm old, and insurance costs next to nothing. I also rarely leave home.

And I've driven two junkers for three and five years respectively. They never needed repairs. Toyota - long may they wave.

Without continuous prior coverage your insurance won't be cheap.

See aid to the hungry works.

lets keep doing it

Glenn Beck and his GBTV audience this past week gathered enough funds to fill 11 tractor-trailers [and growing] to feed over 1,000,000 people.

He had a nationwide lemonade/bake sale yesterday in over 300 cities across the nation to go toward the effort.

It's called 'Restoring Love'.

The point is that we don't need government. WE the people can do these things on our own.

you plan has NEVER in history filled the void.

stop lying

Bullshit. Americans have ALWAYS banded together through history when there were dire consequences.

Sad that you have such a low opinion of your fellow countrymen. :eusa_hand:

Beck Reminds Americans to Take Part in National Bake Sale & Lemonade Stand Day This Wednesday

The manditory license, sales tax, personal property tax, inspection, insurance & first tank of gas will cost you more than the $1k car.

Junkers are fun for demolition derby racing.

No it won't. I'm old, and insurance costs next to nothing. I also rarely leave home.

And I've driven two junkers for three and five years respectively. They never needed repairs. Toyota - long may they wave.

Without continuous prior coverage your insurance won't be cheap.

So? Did you somehow reach the conclusion I'm developmentally disabled and need some handholding on this subject.

:lol:

No one said to stop feeding the hungry.:eusa_liar:

The federal aid for the poor is what they want gone.

its part of the platform

If certain aid PROMOTES sloth, then yes... I'm all for changing, or eliminating it.

It doesn't even have to promote sloth. If it encourages, promotes, and entrenches entitlement mentality, dependency, and poverty, then it is a bad thing and we need to do it differently.

And if it is driving us headlong into economic insolvency and bankruptcy from which nobody will have the resources to bail us out, then it is high time that we demand that our government function within its means as well as allowing the people who do not also do that experience the consequences accordingly.

The federal aid for the poor is what they want gone.

its part of the platform

If certain aid PROMOTES sloth, then yes... I'm all for changing, or eliminating it.

It doesn't even have to promote sloth. If it encourages, promotes, and entrenches entitlement mentality, dependency, and proverty, then it is a bad thing and we need to do it differently.

And if it is driving us headlong into economic insolvency and bankruptcy from which nobody will have the resources to bail us out, then it is high time that we demand that our government function within its means as well as allowing the people who do not also do that experience the consequences accordingly.

see the cons want to take a program that has saved coutless lives and allow people to starve to death yet again in this country

Glenn Beck and his GBTV audience this past week gathered enough funds to fill 11 tractor-trailers [and growing] to feed over 1,000,000 people.

He had a nationwide lemonade/bake sale yesterday in over 300 cities across the nation to go toward the effort.

It's called 'Restoring Love'.

The point is that we don't need government. WE the people can do these things on our own.

stop lying

Bullshit. Americans have ALWAYS banded together through history when there were dire consequences.

Beck Reminds Americans to Take Part in National Bake Sale & Lemonade Stand Day This Wednesday

private donations have NEVER in our history filled the entire hunger void.

stop lying

What child would Jesus let starve?

Find a starving child and you will have your answer.

Is that why you want to end aid?

so we can again find children who starved to death?

No, I want to end aid because we can't afford it and due to mass spending on welfare we are in a major recession and if we are not careful it will be a depression where many more people starve, children and adults... Tanks to Big Government.

stop lying

private donations have NEVER in our history filled the entire hunger void.

stop lying

So your contention that taxpayers have thier taxes pay for others unvoluntarily?

Really?

Is that what's wrong with you? Are you afraid that your gravy train is questioned?

Dear idiot,

when we vote not everyone agrees.

That is why we go by most votes not all votes.

do you really NOT understand democracy?

dear idiot who wrote all the subprime and then rolled it into securites and sold it to unsuspecting buyers?

fannie and freddie mac

tell me how many sub primes those two entities wrote?

how many securities did they sell?

Fannie and Freddie were government sponsored entities (GSEs). This meant that they had to be competitive, like a private company, and maintain their stock price. On the other hand, the value of the mortgages they re-sold on the secondary market was implicitly guaranteed by the government. This caused them to hold less capital to support their mortgages in case of loss. As a result, Fannie and Freddie were pressured to take on risk to be profitable but knew they wouldn't suffer the consequences if things turned south.

It's so easy to look stuff up TM...

Did Fannie and Freddie Cause Mortgage Crisis - Fannie Mae Freddie Mac and Government Bailout Bill

TM? Private entities are better equipped to handle this than the government ever can.

It is YOU that are just blind. You are just sad.

I'll pray for you anyway for deliverance from your misconceptions on your fellow citizens. :eusa_hand:

There was a time when a parent who sent his/her child to school without breakfast or without lunch money on a regular basis would lose that child until he or she was willing and able to support that child.

Any child who starves to death in this country does so because his/her caretaker denies him/her food and not because there is no food to feed him/her.

Let's forcus our outrage there and not on the fact that the government isn't providing enough billions to more alcoholic, drugged out, or otherwise inresponsible or don't-give-a-damn parents. I would steal, beg, scrub toilets, or do whatever I had to do to ensure that my child did not miss a single meal

Last edited:

Forum List

Back