What does Saudi mean in the name of Saudi Arabia?

I don't have a problem with Saudi Arabia. I am against the entire notion of let's destroy Saudi Arabia. I can do that. I'm in the US. But, be honest about the religion. We don't get to pretend that the CPVPV is a stand up group even if they are trying to take a "more gentle approach". Purchasing the abayas in more colors with decorative details is not showcasing it. You know damn well that they get on the plane and go to the bathroom and change clothes. Wahhabism is stringent, ultra conservative branch of Islam.

I lived around them for many years.. They are conservative and family oriented. They do change into Western clothes when they fly out of Arabia.. but, I have NEVER worn an abaya in country. I tried it once and damn near broke my neck.. I like them.. I find them to be kind, hospitable and helpful. I have no idea what CPVPV is.....
I don't care. It's not a question of liking or not liking them. This isn't first grade.

The CPVPV are the religious police. It stands for the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, They haven't been able to make an arrest since 2016 but as it turns out they don't have to.

CPVPV are the mutaween AKA the pests.
Yes. They are the mutaween.

The mutaween are rare in the Eastern Province and Jeddah. They are banned in Jubail and Yanbu. In all the years I was there and all my visits, I have never seen one.
They aren't that rare. I don't consider you to be an expert.

I read there are around 3400 of them. Have you seen many of them?

I few years back they kept getting thrown out of International Book Fairs.. to the utter delight of the Saudis.
I just provided two links regarding their current activities. And yet, here you are just bullshitting away.

I don't have a problem with Saudi Arabia. I am against the entire notion of let's destroy Saudi Arabia. I can do that. I'm in the US. But, be honest about the religion. We don't get to pretend that the CPVPV is a stand up group even if they are trying to take a "more gentle approach". Purchasing the abayas in more colors with decorative details is not showcasing it. You know damn well that they get on the plane and go to the bathroom and change clothes. Wahhabism is stringent, ultra conservative branch of Islam.

I lived around them for many years.. They are conservative and family oriented. They do change into Western clothes when they fly out of Arabia.. but, I have NEVER worn an abaya in country. I tried it once and damn near broke my neck.. I like them.. I find them to be kind, hospitable and helpful. I have no idea what CPVPV is.....
I don't care. It's not a question of liking or not liking them. This isn't first grade.

The CPVPV are the religious police. It stands for the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, They haven't been able to make an arrest since 2016 but as it turns out they don't have to.

The mutaween are rare in the Eastern Province and Jeddah. They are banned in Jubail and Yanbu. In all the years I was there and all my visits, I have never seen one.

I few years back they kept getting thrown out of International Book Fairs.. to the utter delight of the Saudis.
I just provided two links regarding their current activities. And yet, here you are just bullshitting away.

You'll notice that both incidents happened in Riyadh.. Have you spent much time in Arabia?

You'll notice that both incidents happened in Riyadh.. Have you spent much time in Arabia?

None, Bertha. I don't believe that you have either.

None, Bertha. I don't believe that you have either.

Nearly 20 years. By then my family went to Libya and Kuwait and I was in college so I was only there in the summers.. I go back to KSA when I can.. I have written a couple of books and done video interviews for the university archives. They have come so far since smallpox scarred faces, malaria and open sewers. I think they are amazing people.

When I converted to Islam back in 2001 (before 9/11)
It was a Saudi mosque that I attended for 2+ years before I changed my job and moved to another state. Almost all of the members were Saudi students from the local university, or Saudi fighter pilots being trained at the U.S. military base located next to the city where I lived.
The Imam and everyone at the mosque there were adherents of the Wahhabi school of Sunni Islam.
A great bunch of guys, and I spent many hours talking and praying with them as I learned my new religion.
They all loved their country and had no desire to live anywhere else. They told me most Saudi citizens weren't enamored with the royal family, but they tolerated them because of the way Islam and Sharia law were kept intact and protected by the Royal family. ... :cool:

I get my information from a SAUDI----of the house of saud----who came to the USA as a medical school graduate from saudi arabia for post graduate training. ---nice guy and not stupid------he did not buy into the crap

" Qurayshism For Lineal Descendants Of Ishmael "

* Free Hejaz From Al Saud *

I get my information from a SAUDI----of the house of saud----who came to the USA as a medical school graduate from saudi arabia for post graduate training. ---nice guy and not stupid------he did not buy into the crap
The fictional ishmaelism adherents are delusional .

" Qurayshism For Lineal Descendants Of Ishmael "

* Free Hejaz From Al Saud *

The fictional ishmaelism adherents are delusional .

so?

Over 75% of the mosques built in the U.S. are Wahabbist terrorist fronts, paid for by the Saudis.When their fief there runs out of oil, the family will flee to Bermuda or Londonistan or the Riveria and live happily ever after with a vast amount of wealth, and leave their 'country' to rot, like every other dictator's families have who manged to get away. At least the survivors left standing after the assassinations and internal family coup attempts peter out will. This isn't far in the future, either.

RE: What does Saudi mean in the name of Saudi Arabia?ss
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: The House of Saud, means many things to many people.

Family name. They say...........house of Saud.
And here is the other half. The religious Wahhabi side that married into the house of Saud.
(COMMENT)

But today, the House of Saud
(lead by HM King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud) is most known for the unification of the many regional Arabian Arab Tribes, bring peace to the forefront concern to the Arabs of the Saudi State and bring giant leaps in the contemporary development and regional stability for all the Saudi Arabian People.

When you say, "The House of Saud," you are saying many different things. And the compilation of those many things are the components of what makes Saudi Arabia the 21st Century Nation it has become.

Just my two-cents,
(That's all I can afford.)
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
SAudi Arabia was named after the HOUSE OF SAUD...the warlord who happened to be in charge when Oil was both discovered and who the Brits told was worth a fortunate allowing this violent warlord to stay in power.

Over 75% of the mosques built in the U.S. are Wahabbist terrorist fronts, paid for by the Saudis.When their fief there runs out of oil, the family will flee to Bermuda or Londonistan or the Riveria and live happily ever after with a vast amount of wealth, and leave their 'country' to rot, like every other dictator's families have who manged to get away. At least the survivors left standing after the assassinations and internal family coup attempts peter out will. This isn't far in the future, either.

Fahd's legacy was to gift mosques to existing Muslim communities.. NOT Wahhabis..

The rest of it is snarky lies.

Over 75% of the mosques built in the U.S. are Wahabbist terrorist fronts, paid for by the Saudis.
........................ :link: .................

DudleySmith

The Wahhabis aren't terrorists at all. OBL was Deobandi and he had come under the influence of Sayeed Qubt and Hassan al Banna as a teen-ager. Both of their teachings were banned under King Faisel in the 1970s

What you are getting here is a very superficial ,soundbite understanding.. not unusual for amateurs and short stay Americans in the kingdom.

Read The Wahhabi Myth.

Over 75% of the mosques built in the U.S. are Wahabbist terrorist fronts, paid for by the Saudis.

DudleySmith

The Wahhabis aren't terrorists at all. OBL was Deobandi and he had come under the influence of Sayeed Qubt and Hassan al Banna as a teen-ager. Both of their teachings were banned under King Faisel in the 1970s

What you are getting here is a very superficial ,soundbite understanding.. not unusual for amateurs and short stay Americans in the kingdom.

Read The Wahhabi Myth.
Wahhabis aren't terrorists? Please.............

DudleySmith

Read The Wahhabi Myth.
Wahhabis aren't terrorists? Please.............

Nope. They aren't terrorists in spite of the ignorant instant pundits that showed up on Fox News.

The overwhelming majority of mosques built in the U.S. are small ethnic mosques built by the local community they serve.
For instance, if an area of a city attracts a lot of Malaysian immigrants. They will eventually start donating money towards constructing a mosque to serve their community. Not only will the mosque meet the religious needs of the people, but will also function as a place for weddings, celebrations, and other customs unique to their ethnicity. ... :cool:

" Terrorist Facilitators By Creed "

* Out Of The Voting Booth *

Nope. They aren't terrorists in spite of the ignorant instant pundits that showed up on Fox News.
The edicts and tenets of qurayshism creed include directives for illegitimate aggression against individualism to establish the religious polity and city state of hejaz , the scope of which is tenable .

However , an extrapolation of scope for edicts of illegitimate aggression to establish qurayshism beyond hejaz ( the barrier ) , under debase pretense of universality , that is fictional ishmaelism , is not tenable or acceptable .

Those which maintain non violence principles and individualism as core elements of creed are entitled to NOT EXTEND an opportunity for CITIZENSHIP to adherents of fictional ishmaelism .

By definition , illegitimate aggression is violence , while self defense against violence is legitimate aggression .

" Terrorist Facilitators By Creed "

* Out Of The Voting Booth *

The edicts and tenets of qurayshism creed include directives for illegitimate aggression against individualism to establish the religious polity and city state of hejaz , the scope of which is tenable .

However , an extrapolation of scope for edicts of illegitimate aggression to establish qurayshism beyond hejaz ( the barrier ) , under debase pretense of universality , that is fictional ishmaelism , is not tenable or acceptable .

Those which maintain non violence principles and individualism as core elements of creed are entitled to NOT EXTEND an opportunity for CITIZENSHIP to adherents of fictional ishmaelism .

By definition , illegitimate aggression is violence , while self defense against violence is legitimate aggression .

I don't know what you are trying to say. Under Ibn Saud, the Wahhabis went a little nuts wanted to extend the borders. Ibn Saud hung a bunch of them and settled the
RE: What does Saudi mean in the name of Saudi Arabia?ss
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: The House of Saud, means many things to many people.

Family name. They say...........house of Saud.
And here is the other half. The religious Wahhabi side that married into the house of Saud.
(COMMENT)

But today, the House of Saud
(lead by HM King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud) is most known for the unification of the many regional Arabian Arab Tribes, bring peace to the forefront concern to the Arabs of the Saudi State and bring giant leaps in the contemporary development and regional stability for all the Saudi Arabian People.

When you say, "The House of Saud," you are saying many different things. And the compilation of those many things are the components of what makes Saudi Arabia the 21st Century Nation it has become.

Just my two-cents,
(That's all I can afford.)
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
SAudi Arabia was named after the HOUSE OF SAUD...the warlord who happened to be in charge when Oil was both discovered and who the Brits told was worth a fortunate allowing this violent warlord to stay in power.

Ibn Saud united the tribes between 1902 and 1924... The Brits Never had any oil concession in Arabia. In fact, they were expelled from KSA along with the Germans in the 1930s in favor of the Americans on the advice of St John Philby.

DudleySmith

Read The Wahhabi Myth.

And you' re a liar.

Historically, traditional scholars have been a buffer
against extremism in Islam, and for various sociological and
demographic reasons American Islam lacked a stratum of such
clerics. The Wahhabi ideological structure in Saudi Arabia
perceived this as an opportunity to fill a gap, to gain
dominance over an Islamic community in the West with immense
potential for political and social influence.
But the goals of this operation, which was largely
successful, were multiple. First, to control a significant
group of Muslim believers.
Second, to use the Muslim community in the U.S. to pressure
Government and media in the formulation of policy and in
perceptions about Islam. This has come to include liaison
meetings, sensitivity sessions, and other public activities
with high-level Administration officials, including the FBI
director, since September 11th.
Third, to advance the overall Wahhabi agenda of jihad
against the world, an extremist campaign to impose Wahhabism on
the global Islamic community as well as to confront the other
religions. This effort has included the establishment in the
U.S. of a base for funding, recruitment, and strategic tactical
support of terror operations in the U.S. and abroad.
Wahhabi Saudi policy has always been two-faced. That is, at

the same time as the Wahhabis preach hostility and violence,
first against non-Wahhabi Muslims, they maintain a policy of
alliance with Western military powers, Britain, then the U.S.
and France, to ensure their control over the Arabian Peninsula.
At the present time, Shi'a and other non-Wahhabi Muslim
community leaders in this country estimate that 80 percent of

American mosques are under Wahhabi control. This does not mean
80 percent of American Muslims support Wahhabism, although the
main Wahhabi ideological agency in America, the so-called
Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, has asserted
that some 70 percent of American Muslims want, in effect,
Wahhabi teaching in their mosques. This is a claim we consider
unfounded.
Rather, Wahhabi control over mosques means control of
property, buildings, appointment of imams, training of imams,
content of preaching, including in the past, faxing of Friday
sermons from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, control of literature
distributed in mosques and mosque bookstores, notices on
bulletin boards, and organizational solicitation. Similar
influence extends to prison and military chaplaincies, Islamic
elementary and secondary schools or academies, college campus
activity, endowment of academic chairs and programs in Middle
East studies, and most notoriously, charities ostensibly
helping Muslims abroad, many of which have been linked to or
designated as sponsors of terrorism.
The main organizations that have carried out this campaign
are the Islamic Society of North America, or ISNA, which
originated in the Muslim Students Association of the U.S. and
Canada, MSA, and CAIR. Support activities have been provided by
the American Muslim Council, AMC, the American Muslim Alliance,
AMA, and the Muslim American Society, MAS, the Graduate School
of Islamic and Social Sciences, to which Senator Schumer
referred as a certifying organization for chaplains, its sister
body, the International institute of Islam Thought, and a
number of related groups that I have called the Wahhabi lobby.
ISNA operates at least 324 mosques in the U.S. through the
North American Islamic Trust, NAIT. These groups operate as an
interlocking directorate. Both ISNA and CAIR maintain open and
close relations with the Saudi government, a unique situation
in that no other foreign government directly uses religion as a
cover for its political and influence activities in the U.S.
For example, notwithstanding support by the American Jewish
community for the state of Israel, the government of Israel
does not intervene in synagogue life or the activities of
rabbinical or related religious bodies in America.
According to SaudiEmbassy.net, the official web site of the
Saudi government, CAIR received $250,000 from the Jedda-based
Islamic Development Bank in 1999 for the purchase of land in
Washington D.C. to construct a headquarters facility.
In another very disturbing case, the Islamic Development
Bank also granted $295,000 to the Masjid Bilal Islamic Center
in USA for the construction of the Bilal Islamic primary and
secondary school in California in 1999. Asan Akbar, an American
Muslim presently charged with the fatal attack on his fellow
soldiers in Kuwait during the Iraq intervention was affiliated
with this institution.
In addition, the previously mentioned official web site of
the Saudi government reported a donation in 1995 of $4 million
for the construction of a mosque complex in Los Angeles named
for Ibn Taymiyyah, a historic Islamic figure considered the
forerunner of Wahhabism. It should be noted that Ibn Taymiyyah
is viewed as a marginal extremist ideological personality by
many traditional Muslims.
The same web site reported the donation of $6 million, also
in 1995, for a mosque in Cincinnati, Ohio. The web site stated
in the year 2000, ``in the United States the Kingdom has
contributed to the establishment of the Islamic Center in
Washington, D.C., the Omer Bin Al-Khattab Mosque in western Los
Angeles, the Los Angeles Islamic Center, the Fresno Mosque in
California, the Islamic Center in Denver, Colorado, the Islamic
Center in Harrison, New York City, and the Islamic Center in
Northern Virginia.''
How much money in total is involved in this effort? If we
accept a low figure of control, that is NAIT ownership of 27
percent of 1,200 mosques stated by CAIR and cited by Mary
Jacoby and Graham Brink in the St. Petersburg Times, we have
324 mosques. If we assume a relatively low average of
expenditures, that is, $500,000 per mosque, we arrive at $162
million. But given that Saudi official sources show $6 million
in Cincinnati and $4 million in Los Angeles, we should probably
raise the average to at least $1 million per mosque, resulting
in $324 million as a minimum.
Our view, the view of my program is that the number of
mosques under Wahhabi control actually totals at least 600 out
of the official total of 1,200. As noted, Shi'a community
leaders endorsed the figure of 80 percent under Wahhabi
control. But we also offer a number of 4,000 to 6,000 mosques
overall, including small and diverse congregations of many
kinds.
A radical critic of Wahhabism, a man who does not love the
United States very much but has been very candid about the
facts in this situation, stated some years ago that $25 million
had been spent on Islamic centers in the U.S. by the Saudi
authorities. This now clearly seems a low figure. Another anti-
extremist figure estimated Saudi expenses in the U.S. over 30
years, and including schools and free books as well as mosques,
near $1 billion.
It should also be noted that Wahhabi mosques in the U.S.
work in close coordination with the Muslim World League, MWL,
and the World Assembly of Muslim Youth, WAMY, Saudi state
entities identified as participants in the funding of al Qaeda.
Wahhabi ideological control within Saudi Arabia is based on the
historic compact of intermarriage dating from the 18th century
between the family of the sect's originator, Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab
and the family of the founding ruler, Ibn Saud. To this day
these families divide governance of the kingdom with the
descendants of Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab responsible for religious life
and the Saudi royal family running the state. The two families
also continue to marry their descendants to one another.
The supreme religious leader of Saudi Arabia is a member of
the family of Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab. The state appoints a minister
of religious affairs who controls such bodies as MWL and WAMY,
and upon leaving his ministerial post he becomes head of MWL.
The official Saudi Embassy web site reported exactly 1 year
ago, on June 26, 2002: ``a delegation of the Muslim World
League that is on a world tour promoting goodwill arrived in
New York yesterday and visited the Islamic Center there,'' that
is, the main Wahhabi mosque there. The same web site later
reported on July 8, 2002, ``during a visit on Friday evening to
the headquarters of the Council on American-Islamic Relations,
CAIR, Secretary-General of the MWL, Dr. Abdullah bin Abdul Mosi
al-Turki advocated coordination among Muslim organizations in
the United States.''
To digress, this would be as if an official of the former
Soviet government had come to the United States and in a
meeting with the Communist Party had openly called for
cooperation between leftist organizations in the United States.
To return to the quote, ``expressing MWL's readiness to
offer assistance in the promotion and coordination of Islamic
works, he announced plans to set up a commission,'' presumably
of the Saudi government, ``for this purpose. The MWL delegation
also visited the Islamic Center in Washington, D.C. and was
briefed on its activities by its director, Dr. Abdullah bin
Mohammed Fuaj.''

Every single Muslim organization operating in the U.S. supports terrorist gangs and provides cover for them. Most of the claims above trying to dismiss the Wahhabist and terrorist influence are mere opinions; facts have borne out the opposite, that Muslim mosques preach radicalism and support for terrorist groups; they only speak out against those terrorist groups out of favor with the Saudis; they like the funding, and so do the Congressmen and women who get big donations from Saudi Arabia, like Hillary Clinton and their 'Foundation' did.

Last edited:
" Not On The List "

* A Little Nuts Euphemism For Malevolent Sail A Fists *

I don't know what you are trying to say. Under Ibn Saud, the Wahhabis went a little nuts wanted to extend the borders. Ibn Saud hung a bunch of them and settled the
The meaning of an after life , a chance for eternal life , reincarnation , being born again , transmutation of soles , are all metaphors of passing on ones genetic identity in perpetuity , where failure to do so is described by the metaphors of final judgment and eternal damnation .

Torahnism is a genetic religion for preservation of the patriarchal lineage of eponymous isaac , where the tenets , cultural traditions and city state laws ( 613 mitzvot ) , as proposed in the torah , would only apply within israel .

Qurayshism is a genetic religion for preservation of the patriarchal lineage of eponymous ishmael, where the tenets , cultural traditions and city state laws ( sharia ) , as proposed in the qurayn , would only apply within hejaz .

Any pretense that qurayshism applies outside of hejaz is debase and termed fictional ishmaelism .

The Quraysh (Arabic: قُرَيْشٌ‎, Hejazi pronunciation: [qʊrajʃ]) are a mercantile Arab tribe that historically inhabited and controlled Mecca and its Ka'aba. The Islamic prophet Muhammad was born into the Hashemite clan of the tribe.

A hadith holding that the caliph must be from Quraysh became almost universally accepted by the Muslims, with the exception of the Kharijites.[1]

The Quraysh (Arabic: قُرَيْشٌ‎, Hejazi pronunciation: [qʊrajʃ]) are a mercantile Arab tribe that historically inhabited and controlled Mecca and its Ka'aba. The Islamic prophet Muhammad was born into the Hashemite clan of the tribe.

The region is the birthplace of the Islamic Ummah (Community) of Muhammad, who was born in Mecca, which is locally considered to have been founded by the Biblical figures Abraham, Hagar and Ishmael.[11][12]

DudleySmith

Read The Wahhabi Myth.

And you' re a liar.

Historically, traditional scholars have been a buffer
against extremism in Islam, and for various sociological and
demographic reasons American Islam lacked a stratum of such
clerics. The Wahhabi ideological structure in Saudi Arabia
perceived this as an opportunity to fill a gap, to gain
dominance over an Islamic community in the West with immense
potential for political and social influence.
But the goals of this operation, which was largely
successful, were multiple. First, to control a significant
group of Muslim believers.
Second, to use the Muslim community in the U.S. to pressure
Government and media in the formulation of policy and in
perceptions about Islam. This has come to include liaison
meetings, sensitivity sessions, and other public activities
with high-level Administration officials, including the FBI
director, since September 11th.
Third, to advance the overall Wahhabi agenda of jihad
against the world, an extremist campaign to impose Wahhabism on
the global Islamic community as well as to confront the other
religions. This effort has included the establishment in the
U.S. of a base for funding, recruitment, and strategic tactical
support of terror operations in the U.S. and abroad.
Wahhabi Saudi policy has always been two-faced. That is, at
the same time as the Wahhabis preach hostility and violence,
first against non-Wahhabi Muslims, they maintain a policy of
alliance with Western military powers, Britain, then the U.S.
and France, to ensure their control over the Arabian Peninsula.
At the present time, Shi'a and other non-Wahhabi Muslim
community leaders in this country estimate that 80 percent of
American mosques are under Wahhabi control. This does not mean
80 percent of American Muslims support Wahhabism, although the
main Wahhabi ideological agency in America, the so-called
Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, has asserted
that some 70 percent of American Muslims want, in effect,
Wahhabi teaching in their mosques. This is a claim we consider
unfounded.
Rather, Wahhabi control over mosques means control of
property, buildings, appointment of imams, training of imams,
content of preaching, including in the past, faxing of Friday
sermons from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, control of literature
distributed in mosques and mosque bookstores, notices on
bulletin boards, and organizational solicitation. Similar
influence extends to prison and military chaplaincies, Islamic
elementary and secondary schools or academies, college campus
activity, endowment of academic chairs and programs in Middle
East studies, and most notoriously, charities ostensibly
helping Muslims abroad, many of which have been linked to or
designated as sponsors of terrorism.
The main organizations that have carried out this campaign
are the Islamic Society of North America, or ISNA, which
originated in the Muslim Students Association of the U.S. and
Canada, MSA, and CAIR. Support activities have been provided by
the American Muslim Council, AMC, the American Muslim Alliance,
AMA, and the Muslim American Society, MAS, the Graduate School
of Islamic and Social Sciences, to which Senator Schumer
referred as a certifying organization for chaplains, its sister
body, the International institute of Islam Thought, and a
number of related groups that I have called the Wahhabi lobby.
ISNA operates at least 324 mosques in the U.S. through the
North American Islamic Trust, NAIT. These groups operate as an
interlocking directorate. Both ISNA and CAIR maintain open and
close relations with the Saudi government, a unique situation
in that no other foreign government directly uses religion as a
cover for its political and influence activities in the U.S.
For example, notwithstanding support by the American Jewish
community for the state of Israel, the government of Israel
does not intervene in synagogue life or the activities of
rabbinical or related religious bodies in America.
According to SaudiEmbassy.net, the official web site of the
Saudi government, CAIR received $250,000 from the Jedda-based
Islamic Development Bank in 1999 for the purchase of land in
Washington D.C. to construct a headquarters facility.
In another very disturbing case, the Islamic Development
Bank also granted $295,000 to the Masjid Bilal Islamic Center
in USA for the construction of the Bilal Islamic primary and
secondary school in California in 1999. Asan Akbar, an American
Muslim presently charged with the fatal attack on his fellow
soldiers in Kuwait during the Iraq intervention was affiliated
with this institution.
In addition, the previously mentioned official web site of
the Saudi government reported a donation in 1995 of $4 million
for the construction of a mosque complex in Los Angeles named
for Ibn Taymiyyah, a historic Islamic figure considered the
forerunner of Wahhabism. It should be noted that Ibn Taymiyyah
is viewed as a marginal extremist ideological personality by
many traditional Muslims.
The same web site reported the donation of $6 million, also
in 1995, for a mosque in Cincinnati, Ohio. The web site stated
in the year 2000, ``in the United States the Kingdom has
contributed to the establishment of the Islamic Center in
Washington, D.C., the Omer Bin Al-Khattab Mosque in western Los
Angeles, the Los Angeles Islamic Center, the Fresno Mosque in
California, the Islamic Center in Denver, Colorado, the Islamic
Center in Harrison, New York City, and the Islamic Center in
Northern Virginia.''
How much money in total is involved in this effort? If we
accept a low figure of control, that is NAIT ownership of 27
percent of 1,200 mosques stated by CAIR and cited by Mary
Jacoby and Graham Brink in the St. Petersburg Times, we have
324 mosques. If we assume a relatively low average of
expenditures, that is, $500,000 per mosque, we arrive at $162
million. But given that Saudi official sources show $6 million
in Cincinnati and $4 million in Los Angeles, we should probably
raise the average to at least $1 million per mosque, resulting
in $324 million as a minimum.
Our view, the view of my program is that the number of
mosques under Wahhabi control actually totals at least 600 out
of the official total of 1,200. As noted, Shi'a community
leaders endorsed the figure of 80 percent under Wahhabi
control. But we also offer a number of 4,000 to 6,000 mosques
overall, including small and diverse congregations of many
kinds.
A radical critic of Wahhabism, a man who does not love the
United States very much but has been very candid about the
facts in this situation, stated some years ago that $25 million
had been spent on Islamic centers in the U.S. by the Saudi
authorities. This now clearly seems a low figure. Another anti-
extremist figure estimated Saudi expenses in the U.S. over 30
years, and including schools and free books as well as mosques,
near $1 billion.
It should also be noted that Wahhabi mosques in the U.S.
work in close coordination with the Muslim World League, MWL,
and the World Assembly of Muslim Youth, WAMY, Saudi state
entities identified as participants in the funding of al Qaeda.
Wahhabi ideological control within Saudi Arabia is based on the
historic compact of intermarriage dating from the 18th century
between the family of the sect's originator, Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab
and the family of the founding ruler, Ibn Saud. To this day
these families divide governance of the kingdom with the
descendants of Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab responsible for religious life
and the Saudi royal family running the state. The two families
also continue to marry their descendants to one another.
The supreme religious leader of Saudi Arabia is a member of
the family of Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab. The state appoints a minister
of religious affairs who controls such bodies as MWL and WAMY,
and upon leaving his ministerial post he becomes head of MWL.
The official Saudi Embassy web site reported exactly 1 year
ago, on June 26, 2002: ``a delegation of the Muslim World
League that is on a world tour promoting goodwill arrived in
New York yesterday and visited the Islamic Center there,'' that
is, the main Wahhabi mosque there. The same web site later
reported on July 8, 2002, ``during a visit on Friday evening to
the headquarters of the Council on American-Islamic Relations,
CAIR, Secretary-General of the MWL, Dr. Abdullah bin Abdul Mosi
al-Turki advocated coordination among Muslim organizations in
the United States.''
To digress, this would be as if an official of the former
Soviet government had come to the United States and in a
meeting with the Communist Party had openly called for
cooperation between leftist organizations in the United States.
To return to the quote, ``expressing MWL's readiness to
offer assistance in the promotion and coordination of Islamic
works, he announced plans to set up a commission,'' presumably
of the Saudi government, ``for this purpose. The MWL delegation
also visited the Islamic Center in Washington, D.C. and was
briefed on its activities by its director, Dr. Abdullah bin
Mohammed Fuaj.''

Every single Muslim orgnnization operating in the U.S. supports terrorist gangs and provides cover for them. Most of the claims above trying to dismiss the Wahhabist and terrorist influence are mere opinions; facts have borne out the opposite, that Muslim mosques preach radicalsim and support for terrorist groups; they only speak out against those terrorist groups out of favor with the Saudis; they like the funding, and so do the Congressmn nd women who ger big donations from Saudi Arabia, like Hillary Clinton and their 'Foundation' did.

What a shame.. Such ignorance. They should interview Americans who lived there for 20-30 years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back