🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

It did not represent slavery. It represented people with a cause.

The cause being to form a nation founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites.

Lets see what are the possible things that motivated people to serve int he Confederate armies?

1. racial superiority, keeping the black man down

2. a perception that Lincolns election with not even one southern state win proved the current union to be an unworkable arrangement for Southern any more and so they had to leave to protect their own interests.

3. to protect their homes from the ravages of Yankee invading hordes.

4. were drafted and had to fight or go to jail.

Oh, yeah, out of all these four reasons, racism just had to be the one sole thing that drove every Southern farm boy to fight and risk getting maimed or killed, to keep the black man down. /sarc

Can you hear how stupid your claim is?

No, I didn't think so, but the rest of us can, shit-for-brains.
Are you aware for #2 that most Southern states didn't even put Lincoln on their ballots? Hard to vote for someone when the state powers that be make it impossible.

And, if the South didn't want to have to protect their homes ... why did they start a war in the first place? Sounds rather stupid, or arrogant, or both.

The cause being to form a nation founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites.
Slavery wasn't the reason the civil war was fought,it was part,but a small one.

It was the main reason. Look at the Confederate Constitution and read the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens.

It was listed as one cause among many.

For fuck's sake, do you really think that the Confederates that sat out the freezing winters at Cold Harbor, starving and missing their homes were there solely because they had to protect the rich mans right to own slaves that drove that same poor farmers dad and family into subsistence farming?

If so then you are a drooling idiot.
By Cold Harbor, they had little choice...the draft was in place and those who left (deserted) were shot. And they were pretty much stuck fighting knowing it was a losing cause.

And guess who ran the government of the South...the rich slave owners who very conveniently passed laws that slaveowners with 20 or more slaves didn't have to go in the military.

Not according to the states that seceded.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

search for slave: 83 matches
search for tax: 1 match
search for tariff: 0 matches

Any other fake causes you can think of other than taxes or tariffs?

Statistical lies
and how was that word 'slave' searched for? Did it include occurrences that were part of the phrase 'slave-holding' which is a euphemism for the South, or
'non-slave-holding' a euphemism for the north?
Did the count include references to African slavery? the slave trade outside of the South?

Your bullshit is so weak it reeks of bile and stupidity.
I see the "Lost Cause" propaganda campaign was not lost on you.

It means Dylan Roof.

And the dumbass troll post of the day goes to.......
Truth hurts, eh? The flag is a blood soaked symbol of hatred and oppression that will forevermore will be associated with mass murder.
If the Congress voted to ban that symbol from this country would you agree with it?

and if so, would you see it as a violation of the Constitution?
No, that would be unconstitutional. Just stop flying it on public property.

Lets see what are the possible things that motivated people to serve int he Confederate armies?

2. a perception that Lincolns election with not even one southern state win proved the current union to be an unworkable arrangement for Southern any more and so they had to leave to protect their own interests.

Oh, yeah, out of all these four reasons, racism just had to be the one sole thing that drove every Southern farm boy to fight and risk getting maimed or killed, to keep the black man down. /sarc

Are you aware for #2 that most Southern states didn't even put Lincoln on their ballots? Hard to vote for someone when the state powers that be make it impossible.

And, if the South didn't want to have to protect their homes ... why did they start a war in the first place? Sounds rather stupid, or arrogant, or both.

First, let me thank you for a half lucid post. That is quite a shock coming from a libtard like you as you actually argued some new facts. Keep that up and you will perhaps one day graduate to true rationality and maybe even faith ( yeah, I know, God forbid, eh?).

As to your points, there was no point in putting Lincoln on the ballot as no one had any intention of voting for him in many areas. I agree that in principle his name should have been on the ballot, but then again, this is a trick the two party system has had for centuries, and I would gladly like to see the duopoly busted up for all eternity.

And the historical FACT is that the Union fired first at Pensecola when Southern citizens asked the Union troops to leave, and the Union troopers fired shots at them in reply. The Union officers said that they only fired blanks, but they never offered any proof, and having men with muzzle loading rifles load up with blanks is pretty risky and unlikely to be the actual case.

Not only did the North fire the first shots, but the obvious fact is that THE NORTHEREN ARMIES INVADED THE SOUTH. IF the north was willing to let the South live in peace it would have, but it was dependent on the South paying tariffs for imported manufactured goods when they sold their cotton in Europe which was like 60% of federal revenues. As Lincoln once replied to a man in 1860 (IIRC) who asked why not let the South go, 'Then where do I get the taxes to run the federal government?'

It means Dylan Roof.

And the dumbass troll post of the day goes to.......
Truth hurts, eh? The flag is a blood soaked symbol of hatred and oppression that will forevermore will be associated with mass murder.
If the Congress voted to ban that symbol from this country would you agree with it?

and if so, would you see it as a violation of the Constitution?
No, that would be unconstitutional. Just stop flying it on public property.

Lol, your stupidity continues to surprise and astonish me, Ravi. Thank you, I appreciate that, lol.

Not according to the states that seceded.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

search for slave: 83 matches
search for tax: 1 match
search for tariff: 0 matches

Any other fake causes you can think of other than taxes or tariffs?

Statistical lies
and how was that word 'slave' searched for? Did it include occurrences that were part of the phrase 'slave-holding' which is a euphemism for the South, or
'non-slave-holding' a euphemism for the north?
Did the count include references to African slavery? the slave trade outside of the South?

Your bullshit is so weak it reeks of bile and stupidity.
I see the "Lost Cause" propaganda campaign was not lost on you.

Ah, glad to see you back to your true form of unsupported assertions and ad hominem attacks on the messenger.

I was asking questions, dear. Since when is that propaganda? Oh, wait, for you libtards it began when Stalin had the show trials and you realized that it was inconvenient to allow people to think for themselves.

I remember now, never mind dear.

The Confederate Flag was taken from it's retirement of about 100 years in order to protest Civil Rights in the 1950s - 60s.
So that's what it stands for.

Lincoln wasn't on the ballot because he wasn't a member of any recognized political party.

We now have over 200 political parties. All candidates aren't on the ballot for all of them.

And the historical FACT is that the Union fired first at Pensecola when Southern citizens asked the Union troops to leave, and the Union troopers fired shots at them in reply. The Union officers said that they only fired blanks, but they never offered any proof, and having men with muzzle loading rifles load up with blanks is pretty risky and unlikely to be the actual case.
Oh. Historical FACT is it? Too, I notice you don't support your assertions whilst making a song and dance of it regarding others. You're not a Tea Bagger are you?

The First Shot of the Civil War The Surrender of Fort Sumter, 1861

The First Shot of the Civil War 1861

It was then 4 A.M. Captain James at once aroused his command, and arranged to carry out the order. He was a great admirer of Roger A. Pryor, and said to him, 'You are the only man to whom I would give up the honor of firing the first gun of the war'; and he offered to allow him to fire it. Pryor, on receiving the offer, was very much agitated. With a husky voice he said, 'I could not fire the first gun of the war.' His manner was almost similar to that of Major Anderson as we left him a few moments before on the wharf at Fort Sumter. Captain James would allow no one else but himself to fire the gun.

Oh. Historical FACT is it? Too, I notice you don't support your assertions whilst making a song and dance of it regarding others. You're not a Tea Bagger are you?

The First Shot of the Civil War The Surrender of Fort Sumter, 1861

The First Shot of the Civil War 1861

It was then 4 A.M. Captain James at once aroused his command, and arranged to carry out the order. He was a great admirer of Roger A. Pryor, and said to him, 'You are the only man to whom I would give up the honor of firing the first gun of the war'; and he offered to allow him to fire it. Pryor, on receiving the offer, was very much agitated. With a husky voice he said, 'I could not fire the first gun of the war.' His manner was almost similar to that of Major Anderson as we left him a few moments before on the wharf at Fort Sumter. Captain James would allow no one else but himself to fire the gun.

That is Union propaganda.

This was real first shots fired.

Fort Pickens - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"By the time of the American Civil War, Fort Pickens had not been occupied since the Mexican-American War. Despite its dilapidated condition, Lieutenant Adam J. Slemmer, in charge of United States forces at Fort Barrancas, determined that Pickens was the most defensible of the posts in the area. His decision to abandon Barrancas was hastened when, around midnight of January 8, 1861, his guards repelled a group of local men intending to take the fort. Some historians suggest that these were the first shots fired by United States forces in the Civil War."

His decision to abandon Barrancas was hastened when, around midnight of January 8, 1861, his guards repelled a group of local men intending to take the fort. Some historians suggest that these were the first shots fired by United States forces in the Civil War."
That would suggest the Union was attacked.

Forum List

Back