What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

No, but I wondered why you would expect this to probably happen within the next 20 years.

I doubt it will be 20 years. Our current situation is unsustainable, politically and economically..

Our government becomes more oppressive by the day.
We borrow money to pay the INTEREST on money we already borrowed...That's called "bankruptcy"...They can cook the books and juggle the numbers for a while but reality will eventually overcome the most creative gvmt liars. We can't "tax" our way out of this..We can't "vote" our way out of this.

All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption and only work to serve the various special interest groups that have infiltrated and warped our system..
A day of reckoning approaches.

This was all as true 20 years ago.
All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption. That is true today.

Frankly, I don't see this happening as easily as in the past, primarily because there are many more interdependencies among countries, and commercial leaders that would act as over-rides to social chaos.

That's probably just what the greeks, the romans, the french, the russians, the british....etc...all nations throughout history.... said at the time. "oh that will NEVER happen HERE. We're too "advanced" and "sophisticated. Times are "different" now"

nevertheless.....

Well, WW I was........."The War to End All Wars"

And while the USA may be more sophisticated than it was at the end of the Cold War, I'm not sure India, China, Russia, or most of the rest of the world has caught up...

Of course, now we have the United Nations!!

No, but I wondered why you would expect this to probably happen within the next 20 years.

I doubt it will be 20 years. Our current situation is unsustainable, politically and economically..

We borrow money to pay the INTEREST on money we already borrowed...That's called "bankruptcy"...They can cook the books and juggle the numbers for a while but reality will eventually overcome the most creative gvmt liars. We can't "tax" our way out of this..We can't "vote" our way out of this.

All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption and only work to serve the various special interest groups that have infiltrated and warped our system..

Frankly, I don't see this happening as easily as in the past, primarily because there are many more interdependencies among countries, and commercial leaders that would act as over-rides to social chaos.

That's probably just what the greeks, the romans, the french, the russians, the british....etc...all nations throughout history.... said at the time. "oh that will NEVER happen HERE. We're too "advanced" and "sophisticated. Times are "different" now"

nevertheless.....

And while the USA may be more sophisticated than it was at the end of the Cold War, I'm not sure India, China, Russia, or most of the rest of the world has caught up...

Not sure what that has to do with the inevitable collapse, partitioning and reconstruction of this country, though, "sophisticated" or not..

nevertheless.....

Not sure what that has to do with the inevitable collapse, partitioning and reconstruction of this country, though, "sophisticated" or not..

I'm recognizing that the USA that existed 20 years ago is different than the USA that exists today, and that we have become more sophisticated in our world view.

For example, 20 years ago we had a World Trade Center in NYC. After 9/11/2001, we did not. Consequently, we've learned a thing or two about radicalized Islam that we did not know before.

So...have all of you who predict total collapse just given up? Why are you still here? Feel free to go to a "better" country with better prospects.

I'll be happy to stay here.

we'll build a new, better country out of the rubble.

You can stay where you are. I hope you get everything you deserve.

Really? I'm here. Not going anywhere. Good luck in building your new country somewhere else.

Not big on history, I see...Won't you be surprised...All good, though.

We've been divided and in mosnster debt for most of my life....nothing happened then; nothing is going to happen now.

Yes..we'll just cruise along as is and somehow everything will work out..LMAO...
Or preach doom and gloom and stay on the internet and continue to argue with total strangers...that'll show how prepared you are.

History is the best teacher.
Exactly...and every form of government ever devised eventually collapses (one way or another) and is replaced.
They're all born in blood and revolution and they all die in blood and revolution. Perfectly natural course of events. "History" proves it.

Within 20 years from now...no chance outside of getting nuked by an aggressive nation.

We do have more weapons on the streets than ever and all of that testosterone, homo-erotic need to control other genders and races, and bullets have to land somewhere...that's the only marginal threat there is from inside the borders.

nevertheless.....

I'm recognizing that the USA that existed 20 years ago is different than the USA that exists today, and that we have become more sophisticated in our world view.

For example, 20 years ago we had a World Trade Center in NYC. After 9/11/2001, we did not. Consequently, we've learned a thing or two about radicalized Islam that we did not know before.

Ok..well, we've wandered way off topic now...I maintain that, just like every form of gvmt in history, this one will collapse...and sooner than later...the nation will be partitioned ( to stop the bloodshed and fighting) and reconstruction will begin in the several new countries that form.

nevertheless.....

Ok..well, we've wandered way off topic now...I maintain that, just like every form of gvmt in history, this one will collapse...and sooner than later...the nation will be partitioned ( to stop the bloodshed and fighting) and reconstruction will begin in the several new countries that form.

If History is the best teacher...you're wanting to emulate the old USSR is strange.

we'll build a new, better country out of the rubble.

You can stay where you are. I hope you get everything you deserve.

Really? I'm here. Not going anywhere. Good luck in building your new country somewhere else.

Not big on history, I see...Won't you be surprised...All good, though.

We've been divided and in mosnster debt for most of my life....nothing happened then; nothing is going to happen now.

Yes..we'll just cruise along as is and somehow everything will work out..LMAO...
Or preach doom and gloom and stay on the internet and continue to argue with total strangers...that'll show how prepared you are.

I'm not preaching anything. I'm commenting on the inevitable collapse of this government...
..and I'm "prepared" for many things.

History is the best teacher.
Exactly...and every form of government ever devised eventually collapses (one way or another) and is replaced.
They're all born in blood and revolution and they all die in blood and revolution. Perfectly natural course of events. "History" proves it.

it will be paradise for you. Within 20 years from now...no chance outside of getting nuked by an aggressive nation.

We do have more weapons on the streets than ever and all of that testosterone, homo-erotic need to control other genders and races, and bullets have to land somewhere...that's the only marginal threat there is from inside the borders.
Now you've gone completely off the tracks to try to change the subject......"testosterone!" "homo erotic!" "control other genders!"...LMAO..hyperbole....comical..

If History is the best teacher...you're wanting to emulate the old USSR is strange.

Say what?

Governments collapse due to greed, corruption and oppression and are replaced all the time. It's how humans "work". That's a historical fact going back 5000 years.

You think this country is eternal and everything is fine...Ok, good for you.

nevertheless.....

Not really.

Given the paradigm shifts associated with changes in the way the US government views security after 9/11/2001, i.e. "sophistication," your prediction of "bloodshed and fighting" are much less probable now than they were before 9/11/2001.

Not really.

Given the paradigm shifts associated with changes in the way the US government views security after 9/11/2001, i.e. "sophistication," your prediction of "bloodshed and fighting" are much less probable now than they were before 9/11/2001.

paradigm shifts, huh?
What exactly are you saying here?
The gvmt will crush any opposition from the people?
That's what the british thought in 1776. They were wrong, too.

Not really.

paradigm shifts, huh?

You do not recognize there is a difference between the US Government in 2014, and the British Government in 1776?

Exactly what I'm saying is that I find your prediction to have very little basis in anything remotely resembling reality.

nevertheless.....

If by more "sophisticated" you mean "laughed at" by the rest of the world.....then I'll agree with you. We are now involved (and have been since 2001) in a generational conflict that will end one of two ways. Either we prevail and wipe these shit-stains off the earth (and no - "negotiating" will NOT work) or we are all bowing to Allah in the next 30 years.

If you think for one second that "talking" will put an end to this - you are insane.

Say what?

Governments collapse due to greed, corruption and oppression and are replaced all the time. It's how humans "work". That's a historical fact going back 5000 years.

No but the 20 year time frame for collapse is way too short an amount of time outside of getting nuked. All of the pent up anger from the right wing is pretty much a non factor except in the South.

You do not recognize there is a difference between the US Government in 2014, and the British Government in 1776?

Exactly what I'm saying is that I find your prediction to have very little basis in anything remotely resembling reality.

I'm not fluent in obtuse...can you give reasons and explain your comments?

Say what?

No but the 20 year time frame for collapse is way too short an amount of time outside of getting nuked. All of the pent up anger from the right wing is pretty much a non factor except in the South.

The "South"?
What's your grievance with the "South"?

Not really.

paradigm shifts, huh?

Not really.

paradigm shifts, huh?

Here's the "reality" of the situation: There will come a point when there IS an uprising. It WILL happen. Unfortunately, it will end as quickly as it begins with a great deal of bloodshed. Small groups of resistance have no chance against a military that has turned on its' people - and they WILL turn. Illegal immigrants, women and gays will make up the majority of the military. The police forces in this country have the same equipment that the military is using. They already have a HUGE chip on their shoulders and are looking forward to the "incursion".

When will this happen? Beats me. But it is well on it's way right now.

Say what?

Exactly the way the USSR started. All of those supposedly "good intentions" by the "comrades" and what did it get them? The Rich got richer and the "people"? Well, bread lines aren't TOO bad, are they? Gulags are there to "re-educate", aren't they? :)

nevertheless.....

If by more "sophisticated" you mean "laughed at" by the rest of the world.....then I'll agree with you. We are now involved (and have been since 2001) in a generational conflict that will end one of two ways. Either we prevail and wipe these shit-stains off the earth (and no - "negotiating" will NOT work) or we are all bowing to Allah in the next 30 years.

If you think for one second that "talking" will put an end to this - you are insane.

Thanks for linking together two completely unrelated topics, but being sophisticated about the world, and knowing what threats exist therein has nothing to do with being "laughed at."

Do you have anything to contribute to the topic of the thread?

Forum List

Back