What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption. That is true today.

That's probably just what the greeks, the romans, the french, the russians, the british....etc...all nations throughout history.... said at the time. "oh that will NEVER happen HERE. We're too "advanced" and "sophisticated. Times are "different" now"

nevertheless.....

Well, WW I was........."The War to End All Wars"

And while the USA may be more sophisticated than it was at the end of the Cold War, I'm not sure India, China, Russia, or most of the rest of the world has caught up...

Of course, now we have the United Nations!!

Not sure what that has to do with the inevitable collapse, partitioning and reconstruction of this country, though, "sophisticated" or not..

I'm recognizing that the USA that existed 20 years ago is different than the USA that exists today, and that we have become more sophisticated in our world view.

For example, 20 years ago we had a World Trade Center in NYC. After 9/11/2001, we did not. Consequently, we've learned a thing or two about radicalized Islam that we did not know before.

If by more "sophisticated" you mean "laughed at" by the rest of the world.....then I'll agree with you. We are now involved (and have been since 2001) in a generational conflict that will end one of two ways. Either we prevail and wipe these shit-stains off the earth (and no - "negotiating" will NOT work) or we are all bowing to Allah in the next 30 years.

If you think for one second that "talking" will put an end to this - you are insane.

Thanks for linking together two completely unrelated topics, but being sophisticated about the world, and knowing what threats exist therein has nothing to do with being "laughed at."

Do you have anything to contribute to the topic of the thread?

Actually, I do - And that is to tell you to fuck off you pseudo-intellectual piece of gutter trash. There, I feel much better now.

If History is the best teacher...you're wanting to emulate the old USSR is strange.

Say what?

Governments collapse due to greed, corruption and oppression and are replaced all the time. It's how humans "work". That's a historical fact going back 5000 years.

You think this country is eternal and everything is fine...Ok, good for you.

No but the 20 year time frame for collapse is way too short an amount of time outside of getting nuked. All of the pent up anger from the right wing is pretty much a non factor except in the South.

The "South"?
What's your grievance with the "South"?

That bitch has the same "grievance" with the MidWest as well. If you aren't on either coast - you have nothing to say and your opinion counts for nothing.

You do not recognize there is a difference between the US Government in 2014, and the British Government in 1776?

Exactly what I'm saying is that I find your prediction to have very little basis in anything remotely resembling reality.

I'm not fluent in obtuse...can you give reasons and explain your comments?

I disagree. You are the very definition of obtuse if you have not figured out yet that comparing 1776 Great Britian, with 2014 USA

That's what the british thought in 1776. They were wrong, too.

is absurd, and that using such a comparison upon which to predict the future of the USA during the next 20 years makes the prediction very unlikely.

Well, WW I was........."The War to End All Wars"

And while the USA may be more sophisticated than it was at the end of the Cold War, I'm not sure India, China, Russia, or most of the rest of the world has caught up...

Of course, now we have the United Nations!!

Not sure what that has to do with the inevitable collapse, partitioning and reconstruction of this country, though, "sophisticated" or not..

I'm recognizing that the USA that existed 20 years ago is different than the USA that exists today, and that we have become more sophisticated in our world view.

For example, 20 years ago we had a World Trade Center in NYC. After 9/11/2001, we did not. Consequently, we've learned a thing or two about radicalized Islam that we did not know before.

If by more "sophisticated" you mean "laughed at" by the rest of the world.....then I'll agree with you. We are now involved (and have been since 2001) in a generational conflict that will end one of two ways. Either we prevail and wipe these shit-stains off the earth (and no - "negotiating" will NOT work) or we are all bowing to Allah in the next 30 years.

If you think for one second that "talking" will put an end to this - you are insane.

Thanks for linking together two completely unrelated topics, but being sophisticated about the world, and knowing what threats exist therein has nothing to do with being "laughed at."

Do you have anything to contribute to the topic of the thread?

Actually, I do - And that is to tell you to fuck off you pseudo-intellectual piece of gutter trash. There, I feel much better now.

****yawn****

Stupid is Boring.

Here's the "reality" of the situation: There will come a point when there IS an uprising. It WILL happen. Unfortunately, it will end as quickly as it begins with a great deal of bloodshed. Small groups of resistance have no chance against a military that has turned on its' people - and they WILL turn. Illegal immigrants, women and gays will make up the majority of the military. The police forces in this country have the same equipment that the military is using. They already have a HUGE chip on their shoulders and are looking forward to the "incursion".

The math isn't in their favor....and you should know that many military units will choose to defend the constitution, NOT the government..

It won't be set piece battles..that would be stupid...it will be non linear and vicious..think "middle eastern tactics"..or "vietnam"...or "Balkans"....

All it took was 3% of the citizens willing to fight to beat the greatest army in the world in 1776.

3% amazing, huh?

Collapse, partitioning and reconstruction of several new, smaller countries is how it will go....

You do not recognize there is a difference between the US Government in 2014, and the British Government in 1776?

Exactly what I'm saying is that I find your prediction to have very little basis in anything remotely resembling reality.

I disagree. You are the very definition of obtuse if you have not figured out yet that comparing 1776 Great Britian, with 2014 USA
I asked you to give specific reasons for your comment..not snarky, smart ass evasions.
Why do you think this country can't collapse?

That's what the british thought in 1776. They were wrong, too.

is absurd, and that using such a comparison upon which to predict the future of the USA during the next 20 years makes the prediction very unlikely.

Every form of gvmt man has ever devised has collapsed due to oppression, corruption, revolution or economic folly...or combinations of all of them. The u.s. is no different

If History is the best teacher...you're wanting to emulate the old USSR is strange.

Say what?

Governments collapse due to greed, corruption and oppression and are replaced all the time. It's how humans "work". That's a historical fact going back 5000 years.

You think this country is eternal and everything is fine...Ok, good for you.

No but the 20 year time frame for collapse is way too short an amount of time outside of getting nuked. All of the pent up anger from the right wing is pretty much a non factor except in the South.

The "South"?
What's your grievance with the "South"?

That bitch has the same "grievance" with the MidWest as well. If you aren't on either coast - you have nothing to say and your opinion counts for nothing.

The nation needs the south more than the south needs the nation. Believe that.

I'm curious: Upon what do you base this prediction? Historical analogy? Some particular set of events?

Or is this some ridiculously partisan conjecture that "Liberal" Boogie-men will mysteriously cause a disaster.

Historically, when leftists gain power, authoritarianism and deprivation follow.

This is the silly invocation of a "Liberal" (or Leftist) Boogie-man from the ridiculously partisan about which I was anticipating.

Thanks for not disappointing.

Last edited:
Here's the "reality" of the situation: There will come a point when there IS an uprising. It WILL happen. Unfortunately, it will end as quickly as it begins with a great deal of bloodshed. Small groups of resistance have no chance against a military that has turned on its' people - and they WILL turn. Illegal immigrants, women and gays will make up the majority of the military. The police forces in this country have the same equipment that the military is using. They already have a HUGE chip on their shoulders and are looking forward to the "incursion".

The math isn't in their favor....and you should know that many military units will choose to defend the constitution, NOT the government..

It won't be set piece battles..that would be stupid...it will be non linear and vicious..think "middle eastern tactics"..or "vietnam"...or "Balkans"....

All it took was 3% of the citizens willing to fight to beat the greatest army in the world in 1776.

3% amazing, huh?

Collapse, partitioning and reconstruction of several new, smaller countries is how it will go....

Ahh the old "people are going to disobey orders" nonsense.

And when these people have a disagreement with the new government? What then? Oh yeah, the new "government" will be whomever has the most weaponry...

All the while in your fantasy, your recently deposed much larger group sits idly by and lets the "new, smaller country" work everything out?

You really should write fiction...you're good at it.

The South is where the most gullible people in the nation live.

fail-stamp.jpg

Last I checked, the rioting in the USA was in St. Louis, MO.

Not really "The South."

Before that, rioting was in California.

3% amazing, huh?

And when these people have a disagreement with the new government? What then? Oh yeah, the new "government" will be whomever has the most weaponry...

All the while in your fantasy, your recently deposed much larger group sits idly by and lets the "new, smaller country" work everything out?

LMAO..you realize that is EXACTLY how this nation was founded...through revolution against an oppressive gvmt.
It worked ok for 175 years or so...then the inevitable decline began and here we are today with a completely corrupt system that only the most naive partisan would say is "good".

The cycle continues...rinse and repeat.

Read some history.

I asked you to give specific reasons for your comment..not snarky, smart ass evasions.

Did I say "this country can't collapse?"

Take a deep breath, and go back an read what I've written, and tomorrow we can continue. Today I'm done walking over the same ground with you over and over.

Did I say "this country can't collapse?"

Take a deep breath, and go back an read what I've written, and tomorrow we can continue. Today I'm done walking over the same ground with you over and over.

no thanks..I'm done with you. I'm not chasing you around as you evade and dodge...

3% amazing, huh?

LMAO..you realize that is EXACTLY how this nation was founded...through revolution against an oppressive gvmt.
It worked ok for 175 years or so...then the inevitable decline began and here we are today with a completely corrupt system that only the most naive partisan would say is "good".

Read some history.

I've forgotten more history than you'll ever know.

And the Crown was 4,000 miles away across an ocean with trouble in it's backyard from France and Spain. It's in the History books you're glossing over.

But really, what happens when your disloyal troops leave the USA and and form this new nation and become dis-enchanted with the new government--after all they--the governments-- all become corrupt according to you?

3% amazing, huh?

Read some history.

I've forgotten more history than you'll ever know.

Oh..ok, then..That settles it...right? LMAO...

And the Crown was 4,000 miles away across an ocean with trouble in it's backyard from France and Spain. It's in the History books you're glossing over.

3% of the patriots was all it took..make all the excuses you want...The fact remains that america was born in revolution...

But really, what happens when your disloyal troops leave the USA and and form this new nation and become dis-enchanted with the new government--after all they--the governments-- all become corrupt according to you?
What happens if a meteor strikes?...what happens if a volcano erupts?..what happens if sea monsters invade new york?....

The "new" nations will follow the pattern of every one that preceded them.

Collapse, partitioning to stop the bloodshed. New borders are drawn. A period of boom and growth....corruption will creep in (as it always does in government)... .eventually the new nations will become too corrupt and oppressive and will need to be removed in their own time...Nothing unusual or novel about it...that's how the real world works...

Not sure about the rioting being a barometer of gullibility but whatever...enjoy your day.

If you don't have any idea what the "barometer of gullibility" is, then it is because YOU are gullible.

Thanks for playing.

???

Anyway, no segment of the nation consistently votes in national elections against their best interest more than the South. It's a proven fact over and over again.

Forum List

Back