What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

So...have all of you who predict total collapse just given up? Why are you still here? Feel free to go to a "better" country with better prospects.

I'll be happy to stay here.

So...have all of you who predict total collapse just given up? Why are you still here? Feel free to go to a "better" country with better prospects.

we'll build a new, better country out of the rubble.

You can stay where you are. I hope you get everything you deserve.

I'm curious: Upon what do you base this prediction? Historical analogy? Some particular set of events?

Or is this some ridiculously partisan conjecture that "Liberal" Boogie-men will mysteriously cause a disaster.

I'm curious: Upon what do you base this prediction? Historical analogy? Some particular set of events?

Or is this some ridiculously partisan conjecture that "Liberal" Boogie-men will mysteriously cause a disaster.

History is my guide.

Every form of government ever created eventually collapses or is forcefully "replaced", usually due to corruption, economic failure and/or oppression.
Every form of gvmt ever devised was born in blood and revolution ....and they all die in blood and revolution eventually.
It's the natural, normal course of all governments.
History is littered with the wreckage of governments that failed and were replaced.
What? You think america is "different"? or "special" and it won't happen here?

History is my guide.

Every form of government ever created eventually collapses or is forcefully "replaced", usually due to corruption, economic failure and/or oppression.
Every form of gvmt ever devised was born in blood and revolution ....and they all die in blood and revolution eventually.
It's the natural, normal course of all governments.
History is littered with the wreckage of governments that failed and were replaced.
What? You think america is "different"? or "special" and it won't happen here?

No, but I wondered why you would expect this to probably happen within the next 20 years.

Really? I'm here. Not going anywhere. Good luck in building your new country somewhere else.

No, but I wondered why you would expect this to probably happen within the next 20 years.

I doubt it will be 20 years. Our current situation is unsustainable, politically and economically..

Our government becomes more oppressive by the day.
We borrow money to pay the INTEREST on money we already borrowed...That's called "bankruptcy"...They can cook the books and juggle the numbers for a while but reality will eventually overcome the most creative gvmt liars. We can't "tax" our way out of this..We can't "vote" our way out of this.

All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption and only work to serve the various special interest groups that have infiltrated and warped our system..
A day of reckoning approaches.

Really? I'm here. Not going anywhere. Good luck in building your new country somewhere else.

Not big on history, I see...Won't you be surprised...All good, though.

I doubt it will be 20 years. Our current situation is unsustainable, politically and economically..

We borrow money to pay the INTEREST on money we already borrowed...That's called "bankruptcy"...They can cook the books and juggle the numbers for a while but reality will eventually overcome the most creative gvmt liars. We can't "tax" our way out of this..We can't "vote" our way out of this.

All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption and only work to serve the various special interest groups that have infiltrated and warped our system..

Yet here you are spending your morning arguing with strangers on the Internet. If there were any sort of imminence to the "reckoning", you'd be doing something different...no?

It underscores how silly the whole "the world is coming to an end" nonsense is.

We've been divided and in mosnster debt for most of my life....nothing happened then; nothing is going to happen now.
History is the best teacher.

We've been divided and in mosnster debt for most of my life....nothing happened then; nothing is going to happen now.

Yes..we'll just cruise along as is and somehow everything will work out..LMAO...

History is the best teacher.
Exactly...and every form of government ever devised eventually collapses (one way or another) and is replaced.
They're all born in blood and revolution and they all die in blood and revolution. Perfectly natural course of events. "History" proves it.

This was all as true 20 years ago.

Frankly, I don't see this happening as easily as in the past, primarily because there are many more interdependencies among countries, and commercial leaders that would act as over-rides to social chaos.

This was all as true 20 years ago.
All three branches of gvmt are corrupt beyond redemption. That is true today.

Frankly, I don't see this happening as easily as in the past, primarily because there are many more interdependencies among countries, and commercial leaders that would act as over-rides to social chaos.

That's probably just what the greeks, the romans, the french, the russians, the british....etc...all nations throughout history.... said at the time. "oh that will NEVER happen HERE. We're too "advanced" and "sophisticated. Times are "different" now"

nevertheless.....

Forum List

Back