What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

There may not be an America in 20 years. At least not the one we are accustomed to.
That's for sure, of course society has been changing rapidly since the 1850s. Any twenty year span would be somewhat shocking if one were just transported through time. The pace of change is increasing and has been for a long time and is as irresistible as the tide. Conservatives by nature have a difficult time coping with "interesting times", going to be hell for them in the coming years not being flexible enough to keep up and be happy with the world they were born into. Going to continue to be personally insulted by broad social change.

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

It is at its peak now. Americans have allowed the fringes of each party to dictate the political conversation for much too long. It will come to an end very soon as the rest of Americans get tired of hearing it. The key is that the country is moving slowly from right of center to left of center. When the far right understands that they can no longer win elections without changing their ways, then they too will change. While the far left deserves some blame, in reality, the real problem lies with the far right. What they have done to Obama from day one is and will continue to backfire. We will see this truly come to fruition in 2016.

Horsehit. The left has always been nasty and viscous. Ad hominems have been their stock in trade sinse the days of Karl Marx.

We're angry because we know the left is destroying this country.

Do you think it's possible that we'll see regular violence?

Just give everyone guns and let the games begin.

There may not be an America in 20 years. At least not the one we are accustomed to.

20 years, you'll still be on someone's couch, so what are you worried about?

In twenty years practically everyone here will be dead or quite elderly. I'm just guessing but the median age of the board is probably around 55, the reign of the boomers will be over along with their nostalgia for a 1950s world that never really existed. The world of the future is yet to be born, I expect some entirely transformative events to have occurred by then. Nuclear war between India and Pakistan comes to mind.
The discovery of extraterrestrial life.
The terrorist release of a genetically engineered plague.
Implanted I-phones serving users virtual worlds will create virtual zombies.
Vast, almost unimaginable refugee movement around the globe due to climate/war/hunger/disease.
Drinkable water WILL become the most precious and warred over commodity on earth.
Solar will be the main source of electrical power.
Yet somehow in spite of all this America will still be America. No party will have achieved totalitarianism and enslaved anyone. People will still fight over petty issues as if the world is at stake. And most importantly, perhaps, with the boomers dead maybe the world can finally move on into what it will be when no one longs for a golden age past and worry about making a golden age that is entirely possible with courage to face the future.

75 is "quite elderly" now.

In 20 years it won't be. You'll need to wait Another 20 years before you can become a trust-fund baby, and by then the money will have been spent. Most successful among your peers will be those that could not depend on their parents wealth: Asian and Hispanic immigrants will run government and business. You will most likely be working for them.

Sadly, I do not foresee much progress among the black community in the next 20 years. I base this on the trajectory of their progress during the PAST 20 years. Since 1994, we have placed a black male in the White House, but demographic indicators reveal that the aggregate black population has continued to lag behind other groups.

You know, it's funny - reading the drivel of the left here. They see unicorns and rainbows, while the rest of us see a country that is falling into decline and it's citizens fed up with the US being the police force of the world, our nations deficit hovering around 20 TRILLION dollars - and our unfunded liabilities in the area of 150 TRILLION dollars and yet month after month, year after year, decade after decade, we provide monetary assistance to the world while we have children in this country that go to bed hungry at night. We have more Police organizations that any country on earth and they are now "military ready" and look forward to "keeping the masses in line". Our nation's intelligence agencies now spend the majority of their budgets keeping track of Americans on American soil (directly in violation of the Constitution) and no one challenges them. We are becoming a nation of lay-abouts (figures today show a mere 62.8% labor participation) Which means a third of America does nothing. During this president's 6 years - the rich have become FILTHY rich and the rest of us have gotten nothing. Our government spends 2.1 BILLION dollars on a ridiculous web site (for healthcare) that STILL isn't working and not one soul calls them to task on it. Tens of Billions simply vanish each year from the treasury - and no one cares. We have an IRS that proclaims that "We TRY to follow the law, when we can" and none of us bat an eye.

And still the Nazi left sees Unicorns and rainbows.

tumblr_n9mquduMrR1so0vtdo1_400.jpg

You still have something dribbling out of the side of your mouth.

It is at its peak now. Americans have allowed the fringes of each party to dictate the political conversation for much too long. It will come to an end very soon as the rest of Americans get tired of hearing it. The key is that the country is moving slowly from right of center to left of center. When the far right understands that they can no longer win elections without changing their ways, then they too will change. While the far left deserves some blame, in reality, the real problem lies with the far right. What they have done to Obama from day one is and will continue to backfire. We will see this truly come to fruition in 2016.

Horsehit. The left has always been nasty and viscous. Ad hominems have been their stock in trade sinse the days of Karl Marx.

Indeed. Snotty, spoiled rotten, worthless ass-wipes that hide in the bushes and attack when your back is turned.

Don't you feel better now that you got that all out? There for a second you were attempting to identify yourself with the common man instead of the damned sycophant you are.

Don't you feel better now that you got that all out? There for a second you were attempting to identify yourself with the common man instead of the damned sycophant you are.

Two words for you......

Fuck Off

Gee, I thought the government wasn't supposed to give you anything....it sounds as though the government is doing exactly what it should be doing..."we've gotten nothing".

According to Randallflagg 100% of America's problem are caused by "evil libruls".

Conservatives have never done anything wrong ever. They have never started a war by lying to the American people about WMD's that didn't exist. They have never given away trillions of dollars in "tax cuts" to the wealthy and caused massive deficits as a result. Conservatives would never impeach a president over something as ridiculous as a consensual blowjob either. They would never have dreamed of passing the Patriot Act so that they could spy on Americans and deny them their right to a speedy trial.

It is only those "evil libruls" that do nasty things to harm this great nation.

Gee, I thought the government wasn't supposed to give you anything....it sounds as though the government is doing exactly what it should be doing..."we've gotten nothing".

Don't you have some young girls to proposition?

According to Randallflagg 100% of America's problem are caused by "evil libruls".

Conservatives have never done anything wrong ever. They have never started a war by lying to the American people about WMD's that didn't exist. They have never given away trillions of dollars in "tax cuts" to the wealthy and caused massive deficits as a result. Conservatives would never impeach a president over something as ridiculous as a consensual blowjob either. They would never have dreamed of passing the Patriot Act so that they could spy on Americans and deny them their right to a speedy trial.

It is only those "evil libruls" that do nasty things to harm this great nation.

6 years of your idiot's regime. What the hell has gotten better? Part time jobs? Gitmo closed? patriot act reversed? Jobs? Have the oceans actually receded yet? - That's what I thought.

Forum List

Back