What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

Unfortunately, those who would ignorantly presume to know my political convictions will go to their graves before they would admit that the shipping of jobs overseas by big business was meant in part to weaken the middle class.
The destruction of unions was meant to weaken the middle class, the powerful turn the ignorant against those on the lower and middle classes of society by telling them that Black people and minorities have stolen their jobs, while hiding the fact that entire industries were shipped out of this country.

You need to take that show to the Conspiracy Forum, champ.

The United States will complete its breakup. Disintegration is already in progress and can't be stopped.

Here's to a civil war!
It would be nice if a civil war could be averted. Or, just having half the country swear allegiance to a foreign invader. Just calmly and rationally divorce.

Unfortunately the parasite class doesn't want a divorce. They want to keep the rest of us in chains, and if that requires mass slaughter, they will be more than willing to do it.

This country is circling the drain right now so in twenty years it will most likely look like the inside of a sewer.

Unfortunately, those who would ignorantly presume to know my political convictions will go to their graves before they would admit that the shipping of jobs overseas by big business was meant in part to weaken the middle class.
The destruction of unions was meant to weaken the middle class, the powerful turn the ignorant against those on the lower and middle classes of society by telling them that Black people and minorities have stolen their jobs, while hiding the fact that entire industries were shipped out of this country.

Anytime you want to refute even one point, be my guest.

Now, what is this nation going to look like in 20 years? More brown than black or white. More like the rest of the 1st world nations with a universal single payer health care system. 50% to 70% of our energy from alternatives. Coal already phased out, natural gas being phased out. At least the first two years of college paid for same as high school now, if not the first four years.

As for the kind of people that always have to have something to be 'agin', they will always be with us. And the rest of us will be telling the to 'fuck off', same as today.

So, a fractured nation of peasants without a common language, dependent on rulers from a distance for basic needs. With 70% less energy - so blackouts and quotas on energy use.

Like I said, the USSR circa 1950.

The United States will complete its breakup. Disintegration is already in progress and can't be stopped.

Here's to a civil war!
It would be nice if a civil war could be averted. Or, just having half the country swear allegiance to a foreign invader. Just calmly and rationally divorce.

Maybe you could just calmly and rationally STFU with your endless conspiracy-theory dreams of the breakup of America you idiotic drone.

Anytime you want to refute even one point, be my guest.

Crazy people always want attention. Maybe in time your Marxist delirium will break and you can join the rest of the rational world, comrade.

We're angry because we know the left is destroying this country.

No.

I'm pretty sure it's the far-right tea baggers that are dragging the U.S. down into a pit of hell.

That's because you're suffering from brain damage. Tea-baggers haven't put this country $17 trillion debt. Tea-baggers didn't create over $100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Tea-baggers aren't destroying various critical industries in this country.

I'm not in favor of war in the United States. Only assholes who have no idea of "war" wish such a thing. However, the old adage "We are all Americans" doesn't hold true any longer. There is a minority sector of society that hates America - look around you on this forum. This shit didn't start with Obama, but he sure as hell escalated it with his "fundamental transformation" of this country. It emboldened these weenies. They would never take up arms - they are cowards. However, they have learned a lesson - we are a "nation of laws". Get enough of these shit-stains together and they "change" laws in the middle of the night. They then count on the ballooning police enforcement agencies to do their bidding - which they do gladly. Can the situation change and this country be turned around? Possibly. But there will have to be a boat load of liberals going to bed crying for it to happen. As long as they are allowed to "have their way" - this country is doomed.
[
Indeed. I have the same abject hatred of liberals. I (literally) despise these worthless scum. They cheat, they steal, they lie and they undermine. They have had their "lunch money" taken from them since childhood and now, that they parse laws, they are getting even. I am being completely honest here. I despise their worthless asses.

So your complaint is that LIberals are making America a bad place for Bullies?

You are (supposedly) a grown-assed man. You STILL worried about bullies? What a fucking pussy. No wonder you are an abject failure in life. Grow a pair of balls son....

Hmmmmm....... Well, dumb fuck, we have something in this nation called elections. If your ideas are so stupid that they cannot win an election, they don't get put into action. On the other hand, if the majority likes your opponents ideas, they do get put into action.

You 'Conservatives' have been putting out really stupid ideas for years now, and steadily losing elections because of them. So, once again, you want to talk violence. There are plenty of Americans out there with dd214's that want no part of that, and would set you fellows straight in a heartbeat.

fuck you traitor

For one thing, 20 years from now the GOP will be trying to tell everyone that legalizing gay marriage was their idea.
20 years from now now no one will care because we'll have developed a test for fetal homosexuality and homosexual being born will be as common as Down's Syndrome children being born.

Hmmmmm....... Well, dumb fuck, we have something in this nation called elections. If your ideas are so stupid that they cannot win an election, they don't get put into action. On the other hand, if the majority likes your opponents ideas, they do get put into action.

You being isolated in the "whitest city in America" suggests that you've been asleep while Democrats have imported a new voting class into America. Elections don't mean much when one side brings in ringers. This strategy was also adopted by the UKs Labour Party. They never consulted the people about opening up the immigration floodgates and they purposely brought in people who would be strong labor voters in order to piss of the electorate which they couldn't win. They learned from American Democrats.

Now, what is this nation going to look like in 20 years? More brown than black or white. More like the rest of the 1st world nations with a universal single payer health care system. 50% to 70% of our energy from alternatives. Coal already phased out, natural gas being phased out. At least the first two years of college paid for same as high school now, if not the first four years.

As for the kind of people that always have to have something to be 'agin', they will always be with us. And the rest of us will be telling the to 'fuck off', same as today.
In other words, a vision completely divorced from reality.

In twenty years practically everyone here will be dead or quite elderly. I'm just guessing but the median age of the board is probably around 55, the reign of the boomers will be over along with their nostalgia for a 1950s world that never really existed. The world of the future is yet to be born, I expect some entirely transformative events to have occurred by then. Nuclear war between India and Pakistan comes to mind.
The discovery of extraterrestrial life.
The terrorist release of a genetically engineered plague.
Implanted I-phones serving users virtual worlds will create virtual zombies.
Vast, almost unimaginable refugee movement around the globe due to climate/war/hunger/disease.
Drinkable water WILL become the most precious and warred over commodity on earth.
Solar will be the main source of electrical power.
Yet somehow in spite of all this America will still be America. No party will have achieved totalitarianism and enslaved anyone. People will still fight over petty issues as if the world is at stake. And most importantly, perhaps, with the boomers dead maybe the world can finally move on into what it will be when no one longs for a golden age past and worry about making a golden age that is entirely possible with courage to face the future.

I see some never outgrew their after school cartoons and probably still think professional wresting is real.

Wouldn't it be instructive to see what America was like 20 years prior to get an idea of where America would be 20 years from now? We had a democrat in the White House which the right wing hated.

Here is what one conservative wrote in 2005 about President Clinton:

People hated Clinton and still do because the entire time he was president, he was a monumental LIAR. His "Slick Willie" moniker is true, but understates his level of dishonesty. My entire life, when any president would come on TV, I would tune right in with full attention because it would be something important and, at least, appear truthful. When Clinton came on, I had to change the channel as quick as I could get to the TV, I mean I would jump up and fly across the room because I could not stand to even look at Clinton. He was so phony, so fake, and every word out of his mouth was some kind of lie. - See more at: History News Network Why Did So Many People Hate Bill Clinton An Exchange Among Conservatives

Gee, sound familiar? Anyway, we had division, irrational hatred, and dispute then. Nothing happened.

Today, we have division, irrational hatred, and dispute. Nothing will happen.

The volume, on the other hand, is louder thanks to the Internet. Had the same level of on-line-saturation existed in 1994....you would have heard the same volume of idiocy out of the right.

The one huge difference...debt. Our unfunded liabilities are skyrocketing, and with no jobs, and real income at 1970 rates, today isn't like yesterday.

Mark

I disagree. Here is why. The national debt has been out of control for some time. There are jobs...we're hiring high paying nursing, allied health care, and very high paying administrative positions. We're opening up new clinics. Our competitors are opening up campuses... It's simply not true that there are no jobs.

Louder spoken is that let's say there is some sort of second amendment solution where where there is armed insurgency or some sort of other non-electoral solution. Will that really correct anything as far as expanding the economy? Of course ne.

I see some never outgrew their after school cartoons and probably still think professional wresting is real.

Wouldn't it be instructive to see what America was like 20 years prior to get an idea of where America would be 20 years from now? We had a democrat in the White House which the right wing hated.

Here is what one conservative wrote in 2005 about President Clinton:

People hated Clinton and still do because the entire time he was president, he was a monumental LIAR. His "Slick Willie" moniker is true, but understates his level of dishonesty. My entire life, when any president would come on TV, I would tune right in with full attention because it would be something important and, at least, appear truthful. When Clinton came on, I had to change the channel as quick as I could get to the TV, I mean I would jump up and fly across the room because I could not stand to even look at Clinton. He was so phony, so fake, and every word out of his mouth was some kind of lie. - See more at: History News Network Why Did So Many People Hate Bill Clinton An Exchange Among Conservatives

Gee, sound familiar? Anyway, we had division, irrational hatred, and dispute then. Nothing happened.

Today, we have division, irrational hatred, and dispute. Nothing will happen.

The volume, on the other hand, is louder thanks to the Internet. Had the same level of on-line-saturation existed in 1994....you would have heard the same volume of idiocy out of the right.
And the same was coming from the left during Bush, but I know you'll conveniently forget about that.

I know it did...a lot of the Bush insults were just as unfair. The question was 20 years and that put us in 1994. Sorry.

In the great questions of our time I was just pointing out that we had the same situation 20 years ago with a divided nation, passionate debate, and it got worse...Kenneth Starr was appointed in 1994...Lewensky blew (forgive he pun) up much later and of course the degree of angst and disagreement got much more pronounced!!!!

Guess what; we survived.

The nation will survive this as well. And to channel Faulkner...it will thrive.

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

It is at its peak now. Americans have allowed the fringes of each party to dictate the political conversation for much too long. It will come to an end very soon as the rest of Americans get tired of hearing it. The key is that the country is moving slowly from right of center to left of center. When the far right understands that they can no longer win elections without changing their ways, then they too will change. While the far left deserves some blame, in reality, the real problem lies with the far right. What they have done to Obama from day one is and will continue to backfire. We will see this truly come to fruition in 2016.

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

There may not be an America in 20 years. At least not the one we are accustomed to.

Forum List

Back