What ground for compromise?

why is a lefty like you calling me a SJW?

you are drunk, aren't you?
A lefty like me? My posting history here call's you a liar

and my posting history calls you a liar when you called me a SJW...so I suppose we are even there. But you are a Trump follower which moves you left of me!
You aren't a leftist? lol

All he cares about is his stock portfolio. I can't think of any reason people who don't care about anyone but themselves post on political message boards other than to inflate their ego.

That is very important to me, but it is not all I care about.

I care about my family.
I care about this country, which is hwy I spent 20 year defending it in the Marine Corps.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
I care about the Florida Gator's football team.
I see that's what you care about? Well, son, you're so self-involved that you forgot about the most important thing your rights.
Leftist be gone.

and my posting history calls you a liar when you called me a SJW...so I suppose we are even there. But you are a Trump follower which moves you left of me!

as I said, you are further left than I am.

you, just like your fellow Trump worshipers, can never name a single "left" position that I hold or have advocated on this forum.
Not hardly, leftist

Then name one leftist position i have supported on this forum..just one for starters.
I already did see last post

Ok, more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil, with no grounds for compromise or even discussion.

ANYTHING, even remotely touching on Race, and if you don't agree with them, you are a "racist", for one the biggest example.

Now they have decided that any form of Nationalism, is akin go Nazism, based on I'm not sure what, so if you are too nationalistic, you are a "nazi" or something.

My question here is twofold,

1. A challenge to put forth any major issue that is still just a matter of policy, where reasonable people can reasonably disagree,

or

2. To discuss how each issue is framed so that we can discuss this problem. ie give one other issue, that you see libs frame this way, and how they frame it.

Any liberals that deny that this is a thing, are welcome to explain what you think I got wrong. Or to defend the idea of why, left vs right has broken down to Good vs Evil.

I think it is funny that you claim this is only in the minds of the Left. You right wingers view the left wingers the exact same way. Every day, 100 times a day the rightwingers on here call the left wingers evil and all sorts of other things.

There is no difference between the wings, they are filled with irrational, mind controlled sheep.

1. Every issue is that way to the 30% or so of the country that is not blindly partisan. Reasonable people agree that a million abortions a year is too many and will work to lower the number, the wingers will say even one is too many or a million is not enough. There are 100s of examples like this.

A million abortions is not enough? Nobody says that, I'm kind of tired of the unsubstantiated "both siderism" claims.

you, just like your fellow Trump worshipers, can never name a single "left" position that I hold or have advocated on this forum.
Not hardly, leftist

Then name one leftist position i have supported on this forum..just one for starters.

I don't recall ever reading you criticizing the left for their many excesses which are doing great harm to this country you love.

All he cares about is his stock portfolio. I can't think of any reason people who don't care about anyone but themselves post on political message boards other than to inflate their ego.

I care about my family.
I care about this country, which is hwy I spent 20 year defending it in the Marine Corps.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
I see that's what you care about? Well, son, you're so self-involved that you forgot about the most important thing your rights.
Leftist be gone.

now you are getting desperate. I spent 20 years of my life defending your rights as well as mine.

Try again.

or you can just surrender now and save yourself some future embarrassment.

Not hardly, leftist

I don't recall ever reading you criticizing the left for their many excesses which are doing great harm to this country you love.

i cannot help it you do not pay attention.

Ok, more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil, with no grounds for compromise or even discussion.

ANYTHING, even remotely touching on Race, and if you don't agree with them, you are a "racist", for one the biggest example.

Now they have decided that any form of Nationalism, is akin go Nazism, based on I'm not sure what, so if you are too nationalistic, you are a "nazi" or something.

1. A challenge to put forth any major issue that is still just a matter of policy, where reasonable people can reasonably disagree,

or

2. To discuss how each issue is framed so that we can discuss this problem. ie give one other issue, that you see libs frame this way, and how they frame it.

Any liberals that deny that this is a thing, are welcome to explain what you think I got wrong. Or to defend the idea of why, left vs right has broken down to Good vs Evil.

I think it is funny that you claim this is only in the minds of the Left. You right wingers view the left wingers the exact same way. Every day, 100 times a day the rightwingers on here call the left wingers evil and all sorts of other things.

There is no difference between the wings, they are filled with irrational, mind controlled sheep.

1. Every issue is that way to the 30% or so of the country that is not blindly partisan. Reasonable people agree that a million abortions a year is too many and will work to lower the number, the wingers will say even one is too many or a million is not enough. There are 100s of examples like this.

A million abortions is not enough? Nobody says that, I'm kind of tired of the unsubstantiated "both siderism" claims.

Isn't that what is being said when people want totally unrestricted abortions on demand?

or

Every issue has a fair middle ground if you are debating a fair and honest person. You defining the “Left” as these partisan absolutists is part of the problem. It leaves no room to acknowledging that there is a rational “middle” who are part of the “Left”. When you engage with wingnuts hacks then you will get those arguments that you laid out but that is not an honest representation of the whole. I suggest you focus more on the middle and less on the wings

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Leftist be gone.

now you are getting desperate. I spent 20 years of my life defending your rights as well as mine.

Try again.

You didn't mention your rights, therefore, your cover is blown
My rights are the most important thing to me anyone that cares about this country will say rights are the most important because without your rights you are a subject and everything else is irrelevant unless your master allows you to have them.

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Leftist be gone.

Try again.

My rights are the most important thing to me anyone that cares about this country will say rights are the most important because without your rights you are a subject and everything else is irrelevant unless your master allows you to have them.
You sound like a child arguing about who cares more about what... grow up and talk about something of substance. Bring some ideas to the table on how to make things better instead of perpetuating the partisan problems that the OP addresses.

Every issue has a fair middle ground if you are debating a fair and honest person. You defining the “Left” as these partisan absolutists is part of the problem. It leaves no room to acknowledging that there is a rational “middle” who are part of the “Left”. When you engage with wingnuts hacks then you will get those arguments that you laid out but that is not an honest representation of the whole. I suggest you focus more on the middle and less on the wings
At some point, these people became convinced that there can only be two ways to approach a problem: Either 100% your way or 100% my way. There can be no dividing of those numbers, and it doesn't even occur to them that another option might be "something all new that works for both of us". AND it doesn't occur to them that maybe this time you'll get things 75% your way and next time I'll get things 75% my way.

It's like trying to get through to children.

How did we get to this point?

why is a lefty like you calling me a SJW?

you are drunk, aren't you?

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Speaking of golf... I played pacific dunes at Bandon dunes Oregon on Tuesday. One of the best places for golf in the world. I highly recommend planning a trip out there if you haven’t been. It’s worth it

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Leftist be gone.

Try again.

You sound like a child arguing about who cares more about what... grow up and talk about something of substance. Bring some ideas to the table on how to make things better instead of perpetuating the partisan problems that the OP addresses.
You sound like a child what is wrong with you? PRIME EXAMPLE THAT LEFTIST DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT RIGHTS FREEDOM OR LIBERTY
They want big daddy government to tell them what to do with the hope big daddy government will reward them for behaving.

At some point, these people became convinced that there can only be two ways to approach a problem: Either 100% your way or 100% my way. There can be no dividing of those numbers, and it doesn't even occur to them that another option might be "something all new that works for both of us". AND it doesn't occur to them that maybe this time you'll get things 75% your way and next time I'll get things 75% my way.

I think the problem can be summed up in one word... media.

News media, campaigning, and social media all polarize and feed off demonizing and drama. I talk to people from allsides of the ideological spectrum and in real life when I’m face to face I find most people very reasonable. The exception is when I find those who are drinking the media Koolaid and regurgitating the partisan talking points with open mouths, closed ears, and dormant brains

News media, campaigning, and social media all polarize and feed off demonizing and drama. I talk to people from allsides of the ideological spectrum and in real life when I’m face to face I find most people very reasonable. The exception is when I find those who are drinking the media Koolaid and regurgitating the partisan talking points with open mouths, closed ears, and dormant brains
It's definitely easier to communicate in real life. You can look people in the eye and they know when you're not buying their talking points.

Here, so many seem to have this weird, phony online persona they want to maintain, so they're afraid to give an inch.

I've given up burning much time on them here. Real life is much easier. And more interesting.

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Leftist be gone.

Try again.

You sound like a child what is wrong with you? PRIME EXAMPLE THAT LEFTIST DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT RIGHTS FREEDOM OR LIBERTY
They want big daddy government to tell them what to do with the hope big daddy government will reward them for behaving.
There is no prime example of anything. You are ranting about things that aren’t even said. You’re trying to define my inner convictions which you have no way of knowing. This makes you sound like a fool. Learn how to properly debate subjects without the assumptive dishonesty.

It's definitely easier to communicate in real life. You can look people in the eye and they know when you're not buying their talking points.

Here,so many seem to have this weird, phony online persona they want to maintain, so they're afraid to give an inch.

I've given up burning much time on them here. Real life is much easier.
Agreed... this board is an example of how social media draws out the extremes. Trolls dominate most of these threads and people hide behind their computers to emote instead of engage in honest debate. There are a few diamonds in the rough out there trying to keep it real.

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Speaking of golf... I played pacific dunes at Bandon dunes Oregon on Tuesday. One of the best places for golf in the world. I highly recommend planning a trip out there if you haven’t been. It’s worth it

Sounds like a lot of fun. My son wants to go that way for his Senior vacation so maybe I can tie it in!

I care about my family.
I care about golf.
I care about cooking.
Leftist be gone.

Try again.

Some things just go without saying. Fuck, I didn't say that I care about breathing or sleeping and yet those are sort of important also. (especially to a guy with COPD).

you are just trying too hard here and making yourself look foolish. But I get it, you have not a single leftist position I hold on this forum so this was your way out. As I said, just surrender now, it will save you much pain later.

Forum List

Back